• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I've addressed lack of acceleration quite a few times already. It means absolutely nothing. Same with trackless, as he has several means around it. Not to mention the same thing you said about flight. There's not a guarantee Ikki will just trackless step GG.

>I've adressed the acceleration quite a few times.

>They don't go through the trouble of making people accelerate everytime they move.

Cal, pls those arguments...PLEASE! Shows are not gonna make real life acceleration stuff for every time a person moves, it is not ideal and completely useless. It's laughable to even use that as an argument.

As for "rakudai ppl are bad if they cannot perceive that". Again, such strong arguments, on the same level as "Trackless Step is abusing weakness of humans in rakudai and shouldn't spread to other verses". These guys fight people way over 10x faster without even trying and you're telling me your guys are better?

I know for fact that pokemon are shown to not go from 1 to 100 instantly several times, and animators being too lazy to show a gradual increase isn't going to cut it to remove something as fundamental as acceleration.

And Red's pokemon won't be used if he can't even percieve an enemy, which trakless step would do if used. And Red is against what he sees as a normal human with a sword if trackless isn't used, so he won't be flying off in fear of his pokemon being unable to stalmate him.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
And Red's pokemon won't be used if he can't even percieve an enemy, which trakless step would do if used. And Red is against what he sees as a normal human with a sword if trackless isn't used, so he won't be flying off in fear of his pokemon being unable to stalmate him.
Yes. In fact, I agreed he will start with probably Pika or Poli.

Pika has AoE, and I don't know if Ikki can counter omnidirectional lightning.

Poli might be screwed (although it should have elasticity and/or regen from the time a Fearow stab right through its organs).

Actually, now that I mention that: What is Ikki's AP compared to Red's 'mons?

Cal, what is the accepted scaling for Red right now?

Firephoenixearl said:
He can deal with lightning effects on his body (it won't paralyze him due to body control).
Keep in mind Pikachu's thunderbolt has one shotted other 'mons who normally have immunity to it.

Guile Hideout. Normal human with a sword that Red fought. Red took him completely seriously.

And once again, actions speak louder than words. Nobody shows acceleration because nobody cares about acceleration. Animators being "too lazy"? If it's not an animation error, then you can't use that argument. Instant acceleration is a moot point. Rakudai just justifies something that every anime doesn't even try to.

Paralysis works on literal slime like Muk. Ikki can't will himself through it.

My biggest question here is if killing red would instantly win the fight, considering his pokemon won't go back inside automatically, and will likely just go berserk at the murderer

LephyrTheRevanchist said:

High 7-A via upwards scaling. Red sits around the peak of it due to being well...Red.

The real cal howard said:
Guile Hideout. Normal human with a sword that Red fought. Red took him completely seriously.
And once again, actions speak louder than words. Nobody shows acceleration because nobody cares about acceleration. Animators being "too lazy"? If it's not an animation error, then you can't use that argument. Instant acceleration is a moot point. Rakudai just justifies something that every anime doesn't even try to.

Paralysis works on literal slime like Muk. Ikki can't will himself through it.
Did he fly away while throwing out all his pokemon? Or did he throw out one pokemon to stop him? Because there is a difference between serious and near-bloodlusted paranoia.

What do you mean no-one shows acceleration? I know for a damn fact the anime showed people and pokemon alike building up plenty times, especially bird types. And that's, like, the least important thing.

Epiccheev said:
My biggest question here is if killing red would instantly win the fight, considering his pokemon won't go back inside automatically, and will likely just go berserk at the murderer
Probably? Gai can in eight gates despite him eventually dying regardless, though that's not a one to one with this situation.

It also depends on what pokemon is used.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:

Low 7C to High 7C so he gets one shotted

Cal, cal, cal. Seriously, let's not get down to that level of arguing "i do not see aceleration therefore there is not". Cus yes, every anime doesn't abide by the natural laws of the world if the animators don't add them. I mean it's not like it's much harder than normally making them move at speed. Dude why would animators make acceleration a thing? Give me 1 good reason. Whether the characters take time or not to accelerate literally makes 0 difference in the plot or fight.

That is your great proof against acceleration? It still obviously bends it's legs and propels itself, the fact that Pikachu and the POV is too slow to percieve how much acceleration there was doesn't mean there wasn't.

On the other hand, I'm again having pretty vivid memories of most birds getting faster and slower.

Why does instant acceleration even matter?

If the end speed is equalized it matters nothing. It just means he can reach top speed a nanosecond before Red's Pokémons. Completely useless due to speed equal.

TriforcePower1 said:
Why does instant acceleration even matter?
If the end speed is equalized it matters nothing. It just means he can reach top speed a nanosecond before Red's Pokémons. Completely useless due to speed equal.
It produces speed blitzing effects. I guess we'll call it Acceleration-Blitz from now on.

Don't know. Don't care. Actions speak louder than words. Actions show no acceleration. Rakudai makes the mistake of showing that they do accelerate. They have an innate disadvantage of needing to gradually keep up with an opponent? Not my problem.

The real cal howard said:
Don't know. Don't care. Actions speak louder than words. Actions show no acceleration. Rakudai makes the mistake of showing that they do accelerate. They have an innate disadvantage of needing to gradually keep up with an opponent? Not my problem.
No, that's "headcanon speak louder than word".

And cal, they have an innate advantage of trashing people 10x faster on a daily basis without breaking a sweat too. Yet still acceleration is different. Im serious cal, you're getting desperate with these arguments here.

Desperate? Headcanon? If you can show me series where they're not always moving at consistent speeds, because that's what acceleration is, a gradual increase or decrease in speed, I'll shut up. Hell, a car going a consistent 60 miles an hour has no acceleration. What Ikki does isn't special and it's not hard to understand. You're just trying to give him more ways to blitz opponents.

Uhhhh... Why?

This is just a random example with arbitrary numbers to make the math easier. Assume Ikki and Red are 100m away, and that due to speed equal their max speed is 100 m/s (again, I know it's not, but it's useless because speed equal). Ikki accelerates instantly to 100 m/s, but he still has to cross those 100m in 1s. 1s in which Red can do stuff with his pokémons.

CAL!

Burden of proof on you. You're giving everyone a physics breaking ability with no reason other than "well it looks like that". What kind of example are you setting and when has that ever been done in the wiki?

Prove me the authors weren't just lazy. Prove me that is actually constant and not just "we can't see how fast it accelerates". Prove me they lack acceleration.

Stop using "you can't prove it wrong" as an argument when you're the one making everyone ever a physics breaker.

TriforcePower1 said:
Uhhhh... Why?
This is just a random example with arbitrary numbers to make the math easier. Assume Ikki and Red are 100m away, and that due to speed equal their max speed is 100 m/s (again, I know it's not, but it's useless because speed equal). Ikki accelerates instantly to 100 m/s, but he still has to cross those 100m in 1s. 1s in which Red can do stuff with his pokémons.
Highs and lows in speed cause problems in perceiving opponents, so while the distance is 1s for sure, it's impossible to keep track of ikki's movement.

Schnee One wrote:

Low 7C to High 7C so he gets one shotted

Welp, if Ikki doesn't start 100% with the amp or whatever, I vote Red via omnidirectional thunderbolt with Pika.

Firephoenixearl said:
Well that's how electricity is usually portrayed. It's a common way to indicate that a person has been electrocuted.
They can tank electricity.

They can't tank paralysis, as it is a status effect.

Firephoenixearl said:
CAL!

Burden of proof on you. You're giving everyone a physics breaking ability with no reason other than "well it looks like that". What kind of example are you setting and when has that ever been done in the wiki?

Prove me the authors weren't just lazy. Prove me that is actually constant and not just "we can't see how fast it accelerates". Prove me they lack acceleration.

Stop using "you can't prove it wrong" as an argument when you're the one making everyone ever a physics breaker.
Please tell me more about physics breaking in this battle between a magic teen with a soul sword and a boy with an electric rat and a tadpole that can shoot more water than its body can hold.

Also no. I don't have to prove that. You have to prove that the scenes can't be taken at face value. I've shown the scenes, you're the one who has to prove that Rakudai doesn't have a disadvantage and Ikki and Edelweiss aren't the exceptions in the series who can do what every other anime character can.

TriforcePower1 said:
Uhhhh... Why?
This is also true. What's the starting distance? SBA?

Trackless Step is completely neutered by the VS Seeker, which shines a beam of light on anyone with hostile intentions towards the user. Red will always know where he is.

Back