• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PsychoWarper said:
Btw I dont know if this has been talked about but does Ikki have NPI?
Also technically Ikki has to touch Culexus to cut him
Good question I've been trying think about that for a while and looked at the history and I think he just randomly got it.

EmperorRorepme said:
Ikki has like fought against "instant death with a touch" type shit and won.
Culexus technically has and hasnt done this as well, they fight characters that can do that basically for a living but they null that shit.

Culexus technically has and hasnt done this as well, they fight characters that can do that basically for a living but they null that shit.

That's about as impressive as me beating cobe bryan in basket by chopping off his legs before the game begins.

Perhaps, but it's certainly not a skill feat for the culexus. That's like saying your more skilled then the most skilled martial artist in the world because you nuked them from the other side of the planet.

Culexus should take this handily. Culexus FRA.

Firephoenixearl said:
Ikki's skill feats really don't appeal to me that much, showing little actual strategy rather than being an incredibly low-effort ham-fisted attempt at skill and intelligence, using all the most stereotypical and boring feats while lacking the strategy and skill I'd expect of a skilled character. Culexus is, based on what Wokistan has said in the past, more than enough to keep up, even if he has a disadvantage.

Which is honestly a majority of Ikki's argument, skillstomping.

"Strategy"

That's the weakest point you could have taken. Strategies don't exist here, not without prep time. Being better at planning doesn't do you good against an opponent that you cannot see and cannot hit due to insane senses.

Also strategy is not skill. At least not combat skill. Ikki develops strategies against invisible opponents on the get go, but we don't talk about those cus it's not combat skill.

Firephoenixearl said:
"Strategy"

That's the weakest point you could have taken. Strategies don't exist here, not without prep time. Being better at planning doesn't do you good against an opponent that you cannot see and cannot hit due to insane senses.

Also strategy is not skill. At least not combat skill. Ikki develops strategies against invisible opponents on the get go, but we don't talk about those cus it's not combat skill.
The fact that you just said "Strategy does not exist without prep time" instantly makes me doubt any argument you make for Ikki's skill.

Strategy isn't exclusively limited to prep time. People can make plans mid-battle. Joseph Joestar whips up the most insane plans in the middle of battles to the death.

Those aren't exactly "strategies" in the literal sense, they are just small plans and ways to win, not something you'd bring "strategy skills in" why you may ask? Cus pretty sure the assassins have knowledge of their opponent before hand before they fight most of the time, can't compare strategy you devise as an assassin with a clear target and strategy you have to devise as you fight.

Not to mention how culexus' skill tier insanely drops in "impressiveness" as soon as you bring in his mind hax, power null, invisibility, soul manip for 1 shots and the rest of his stuff. Stuff for which Ikki has an answer to, an answer he reached through his skill.

Devising a plan mid-battle to defeat an enemy is quite literally the definition of forming a strategy.

Firephoenixearl said:
Not to mention how culexus' skill tier insanely drops in "impressiveness" as soon as you bring in his mind hax, power null, invisibility, soul manip for 1 shots and the rest of his stuff. Stuff for which Ikki has an answer to, an answer he reached through his skill.
So when Ikki defeats a guy with death hax, it's impressive, but when Culexus does it it's suddenly lame sauce? Ikki's feats scream Plot Induced Stupidity, honestly.

I agree with the first statement.

Ikki's feats aren't Plot Induced Stupidity in the slightest. I wouldn't mind you saying one or two are but trying to generalize it is laughable. Also Ikki doing that would be more impressive because of the fact that literally no psychic powers can be used against Culexus.

Honestly from my view both are insanely skilled.

EmperorRorepme said:
I agree with the first statement.

Ikki's feats aren't Plot Induced Stupidity in the slightest. Also Ikki doing that would be more impressive because of the fact that literally no psychic powers can be used against Culexus.

Honestly from my view both are insanely skilled.
This is my stance, really. Ikki's greatly skilled, but claiming they skillstomp Culexus? Ikki ain't Composite Human.

ThePixelKirby said:
This is my stance, really. Ikki's greatly skilled, but claiming they skillstomp Culexus? Ikki ain't Composite Human.
??

He's like unfathomably greater in terms of skill, compared to humanity that is.

EmperorRorepme said:
I mean there are 1 or 2 feats you could say that for. But 99% of them you cannot even argue that whatsoever,
Technically there is a good explanation for literally everything, so it still counts as a skill feat, even if it's beyond stupid. Also ikki has negative PIS cus he has F luck

The Smashor said:
Actually, no. Argue as much as you want. This is an arguement website after all
That was to say that the arguments would be blank, as in literally "it's PIS cus it has to be" kind of arguments. That's not called an argument, that was his point.

Firephoenixearl said:
ThePixelKirby said:
??
He's like unfathomably greater in terms of skill, compared to humanity that is.
No.

Anyway quick rundown of why i believe Ikki takes this (also this shouldn't be affected by the AP change in the revisions right?):

• Invisibility
Not gonna work due to Ikki using hearing to know his moves

• Strategy, surprise attacks, tricking etc
Not gonna work due to Ikki's precog, danger sense, awareness etc.

• 1 Shot
Well Ikki does the same except Ikki will have better range, not to mention he uses stuff like erasers, rocks or just about anything mid fight to win against his opponents, trying to touch an opponent like that would be an extreme task, especially when he knows everything you're gonna do. Not to mention Trackless Step would turn the tables here, making Assassin unable to perceive Ikki, pretty sure Culex won't be able to deal with all those.

• Power Null and Mind hax
Will work, though Power Null just prevents blitz, while Mind hax is completely negged, not gonna do much. Ikki has fought at full power with worse.

• Skill
Ikki would vastly outskill in terms of close quarters combat. Someone like Ikki who's been fighting opponents who outclass him in literally everything using a stick, would be FAR more skilled in CQC than someone who 1 shots just about everyone while nulling their entire arsenal and giving them mind rape in the mean time all while being invisible to them.

And to top it all off, as shown against Kuraudo it takes as little as less than a minute for Perfect Vision to kick in, so it's not gonna be too late before PV enters the fight. Once that enters the fight, it would be Ikki's sure win due to the fact that Ikki will know everything Culexus tries to do at that point.

So yeah I vote Ikki for these reasons.

For what I can see Culexus feats aren't really skill feats, they just powernull, mindhax, soulhax and a lot of other haxes that can deal with the opponent without using any kind of skill.

That they have good skill feats? Yes, they have, but not as good as Ikki who literally wins every battle using a sword and with his skills.

Wait, I'm the op? Shit it's been so long I forgot.

Ikki's senses will pick up any danger. He'll be safe for long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back