• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ikki proves hes Rock Hard - Ikki Kurogane vs Bog

Anyway that aside

Can Ikki beat his regen?

Yes? He crushes on every category but that

No? Big outlives

This is a bad match either way and I want to close it.

Even if Ikki can surpass the regen, and I'm not saying he can, what's stopping him from getting literally swamped in a sea of acid? Bog is an unpredictable literal monster so there's not much to predict or copy, and Ikki just stepping wrong spells the end. Literally. He gets bogged down if he hits Bog wrong or steps on one of his clones.

Funny thing is if it's true that Ikki's phantom form is willpower Manip some of his matches need removal since mind resistance is a thing.

I thought it was social inferencing?

Social influencing as a whole is being reworked into barely a combat applicable "power". Everything supernatural being called social influencing is going to a different category.

@Cal

Actual precog and instincts that keep him outta danger.

This is just a case of regen. If Ikki can't bypass it then stomp, if he can then again, stomp.

Schnee One said:
Funny thing is if it's true that Ikki's phantom form is willpower Manip some of his matches need removal since mind resistance is a thing.
Oh boy.

Schnee One said:
Depends, not all forms of mind resistance give resistance to willpower manip.

And ikki's phantom form just became will manip cus i was tired of everyone basically.

Precog's not infallible for almost any character, unless you can like, see the entire battle (cough Yhwach cough Omegamon). There's a reason Diavolo has losses on his profile

All forms of mind resistance that are not complete crap, like say shunting a city wide mindhax, is more then capable of stopping willpower, as that is ultimately one aspect of things you can do with control, which is the most basic form of mind Manip.

Most forms of Mind Resistance cover Willpower, given that Willpower is pretty directly atuned to the mind. As well, willpower manip is inferior to, say, complete mind control.

1. Ikki's Perfect Vision is specifically infailable. Because you cannot get past it unless you literally change identity. In all other cases you cannot fool it because as explained "no matter how much out of character or tricky you are those still come from your identity itself".

2. Ikki's Perfect Vision is not the only form of precog he has. Like when he saw the future against Stella, and his 6th sense which basically warns him of every danger and instinctively moves to safety.

3. Idk how you got the "They have loses cus precog is not infaliable". There exist things which are called:

• Outside of your league. This is what i like to call cases that no matter how much into the future you know, you still can't do anything about it. If you knew a meteor was crashing down, then yes your precog works, doesn't mean you can avoid it.
  • Resistances/Acausality. Both of those are hax based abilities that's why resistances or acausalities come into play.

1. NLF. Even then, Bog's identity as a whole is unpredictable. No logic. As I said, he's a monster. I'm not saying that metaphorically like he's crazy strong. He's literally an insane creature. While he has some sentience, shown when he partners up with Yupia, that's the extent of it.

2. I was referring to the latter when I said that. I wasn't talking about Perfect Vision, which I still am pretty darn unclear on how that works. I'm assuming it makes him read you like a book? But even against Kirihara he still had to get hit several times before that kicked in. Granted I'm sure it gets better than that later on.

3. Because nothing is infallible. Bro, not many people across fiction have resistance to precog, in comparison to the amount of characters who have it, yet the people with precog still wind up losing. For example Ishizu Ishtar from YuGiOh lost in a card game to Seto Kaiba despite being able to see the future. And it's not like it was a physical battle where she was outmatches given it was well...a card game.

1. Not really, it's mechanics, i did say that "unless you literally change identity", so there goes the NLF. He still has an identity, being insane is still identity. The "insane" is similar to Kirihara attacking without thinking, thinking or not thinking it's still identity. Or Ikki using his perfect vision on the wounds in space to predict where they were.

2. Well nothing "more" is explained about perfect vision, it can just kick in MUCH sooner, it did so against edelweiss, Ayase, sword eater etc. About the mechanics, it's not about reading you like a book, it's literally knowing who someone is. He can understand who you are and can then deduce everything you can and will do. I feel like it's just the on crack version of our "if i were in his place". But how does Bog deal with the instincts and precog?

3. Yeah, a card game is still not everything about reading the mind. Reading the mind can be part of it, but it's not everything. It's back to point 3-1 i mentioned, just cus you may know what's gonna happen doesn't mean you can avoid it. There are many things that come in play. And about seeing the entire battle yes, Ikki did that against Byakuya.

Ok i finally found the Ikki and Byakuya predicting the entire match before it even started:

However......he believed that this was fine.

Because,

(......If I had proceeded as usual in the match, Eye of Heaven would've caught me in a minimum of twenty-three steps.)

Before the match, Byakuya, with his observation power nicknamed Eye of Heaven, had imagined how their battle would play out. Ikki, with his observing eyes like an evil-revealing magic mirror, had arrived at the exact same conclusion.

Including the fact that Byakuya had not considered the possibility of surprise attack with Ittou Rasetsu at the match opening, everything.

In that case, he had to make use of that.

In order to secure the victory.

And then it was carried out in the form just as it was, which worked as intended.

However......

(It was not as much of an overwhelming victory as it seemed.)

Ikki was aware of that fact.

It was obvious.

Why would the Eye of Heaven, who could see through the whole flow of their match before the match, make a fundamental mistake?

That was......because a surprise attack from the start was just that irrational of a choice.

For the convenience of the match schedules, the third round would be held in the afternoon that day. Not to mention, his opponent was......Bloody Da Vinci, Sara Bloodlily, who defeated Sword Eater with overwhelming power. She was a hidden ace in Akatsuki Academy who could materialize the things she drew, even reproducing the Noble Arts unique to Mage-Knights.

He had used up his trump card limited to once a day before facing such a monstrous opponent.

In the context of the whole tournament, Ikki had drastically reduced his chances of winning.

Back