• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Ikki Kurogane vs Takeru Kusanagi

They have kinda similar concepts and while the stats don't match up no matter which keys I take, they are similar enough for an all out fight, I would say.

Specification on forms: Ikki starts out in Ittou Shura and can activate Ittou Rasetsu at any time. Takeru starts out in Witch Hunter Form (Late Series) with Demon's Heart activated and can activate God Hunter Form at any time.

IIRC, Ikki's Intetsu is made out of mana. Kusanagi has antimagic on his profile. Doesn't he counter Ikki?

Eclar said:
IIRC, Ikki's Intetsu is made out of mana. Kusanagi has antimagic on his profile. Doesn't he counter Ikki?
His sword is made out of mana? His profile doesn't mention that, but if true then Takeru would probably simply destroy the sword...

The main weapons of the characters of Rakudai are manifestations of their souls, which has magical properties. There was a character in Rakudai named Yudai Moroboshi who has the ability to destroy magic. He matched Ikki in combat and almost destroyed Ikki's Intetsu because his ability grazed Ikki's sword.

I don't know how effective Mistilteinn's intrinsic performance would be against a weapon made of magic, but Moroboshi's ability appears be stronger in that regard.

Does SBA mean the strongest versions of the characters are used?

LazyHunter said:
Does SBA mean the strongest versions of the characters are used?
In principle yes. Though both strongest forms can only be used for 1/10 seconds, so it possibly makes more sense to not have them start out in those.

Takeru can sustain God Hunter for more than 10 seconds if he really needs to, like he did the first time he used it. It would end badly for him, but it can still be done. If both start at their strongest key it would be bad for Ikki if he doesn't immediately finish the fight.

Hmm. Starting at their strongest... Ikki jabs his sword at Takeru faster than the latter can react. Is that right?

It's been a long time since I've read Antimagic, but is Takeru's antimagic aura activated automatically wheen he enters God Hunter? If they go all out from the start (Takeru in God Hunter and Ikki with Ittou Rassetsu), it is possible that Ikki's sword disappears the moment he tries to slash Takeru due to his aura.

If it is not automatic, then Ikki is more likely to win.

I made a bit of a specifications on forms, so that they start out in similarly fast sustainable forms. This way how the keys are made isn't an deciding factor anymore.

@ Eclar

Sometimes the flames appears to happen automatically with the transformation, sometimes the flames appear from his blade when he uses Ragnarok Enchant.

Back