• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I will throttle your bloodline

Anyways Scion pulls out his many forms of power immunity to out NLF Lihiko and stills him GG

He can actually put people into visions and whatnot (see Venom 29.2, starting at "All at once, the chaos was replaced by stillness."), and if he's like Eden and has some form of broadcast shard, he can just socially influence Iihiko into recognizing his powers that way.

And even then he has power "immunity" to counter, powers of course including plenty of null/absorption/what have you

Scion feeling emotions also manifests as everyone near him feeling that emotion. They'd know scion is sad because they'd all randomly start feeling sad, for example. I'd think this weirdness could force recognition if scion got to the point of using PtV or something.

Either way, Stilling already ignores these sorts of anti power things

I'm not wok but in my personal opinion, yeah he gets absolutely murked

Anyways Scion pulls out his many forms of power immunity to out NLF Lihiko and stills him GG

I mean, Ajimu has the skill Life Zero, which lets her nullify any skill she desires, (including The End which is sadly accepted at 4-D) yet she couldn't get her skills to work on Iihiko.

I have no idea how the stuff anyone else mentioned is meant to force recognition, it just sounds like perception manip.

I don't really see how Scion can force recognition. Can't Iihiko just... not recognize those powers, too?

I think there's some point where basic intelligence would stop you from seeing the type of visions Scion gives as totally not a power of note

DMUA said:
I think there's some point where basic intelligence would stop you from seeing the type of visions Scion gives as totally not a power of note
It's not about "being a power of note", Iihiko just doesn't recognize skills in Medaka Box at all, no matter how mundane or flashy, no matter if he's seen them before or not.

Physical attacks and techniques he sees based on whether they're "of note", but once he's seen it once he never recognizes it as an attack again.

Styles are based on communication and understanding feelings, and so people capable of understanding Iihiko's feelings can communicate their Styles to him whether he's seen them before or not.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I don't think Iihiko negs all Skills, he just never saw any Skills worth recognizing as attacks on screen.
Seems quite presumptuous since none of Ajimu's skills worked, and none of the skills Medaka had copied worked. There's also many statements about Iihiko specifically being immune to skills.

Ajimu's skills not working can be explained by all the times he's fought her and most of the skills Medaka copied that she used (like Scar Dead or Encounter) have no visual effects at all so it would be impossible for Iihiko to recognize. For the ones with visual effects, unlike Styles, Skills don't have anything that would cause them to be more recognizable as attacks. Something like Munakata impaling Iihiko and Medaka punching him are easier to be recognized as physical strength is recognizable.

Yeah, I forgot if this was the case. Do you remember the exact wording? Cause I feel like goes against how his thing works. Anything that he recognizes should effect him, even if it's a skill.

And how exactly do you plan to win? Your wounds won't even heal! No skill will work against Iihiko's destruction, be it abnormal or minus!
I used every single skill I could learn with my The End, regardless of their appearance, but none of them worked. They didn't even reach him. No... It's like he didn't even notice that I used a bunch of skills...
Note that these two previous statements were said right after Zenkichi suggested that maybe non-recovery type skills would work against Iihiko.

Do you get it? Iihiko's strength is of another dimension. To him, skills are just an annoyance
Even beyond these quotes, your examples don't really make sense, Encounter has visuals, Ice Fire, Weighted Words, Bookmaker all have visuals. Also, there was nothing about "easier to recognize" being a requirement in the manga.

Iihiko's also gonna quickly maim Scion with Irreversible Destruction, and if he does recognize Stilling, it'll get ****** over by the same ability anyways. Scion is likely to need more than one hit, but hurting Iihiko's only going to harder and harder, while each and every attack from Iihiko is going to inflict serious damage and take little effort.

I mean in the sense that Iihiko needs to recognize that Encounter will be able to move away his attacks in order for it to do so.

I don't see why it would need to be. Why would it not be assumed that an attack being easier to recognize as an attack would have a higher chance to be recognized by someone who needs to recognize attacks to be damaged by them?

But yeah, with that wording you can't deny that Skills in general don't work on him. I only finished the series a week ago and I'm already forgetting this much kek

I don't see why it would need to be. Why would it not be assumed that an attack being easier to recognize as an attack would have a higher chance to be recognized by someone who needs to recognize attacks to be damaged by them?

Because flashiness/visibility doesn't seem to be the criteria for an attack being recognized as an attack. I also think that Iihiko not recognizing attacks that he's already seen kinda points against this idea too - if it's really just about Iihiko realizing that an attack is actually attack, why would seeing it once stop him from recognizing it?

We're spending a lot of time talking about Iihiko's defense when, even assuming Stilling will get through, Iihiko can tank it anyways. Scion, on the other hand, is not tanking Irreversible Destruction.

@Agnaa

Isn't that because he generally breaks most attacks that he recognizes after they've touched him so he can't really see it a second time? I might've read your post wrong.

@Prom

Fair. Would Iihiko be able to effect him throughout the universes?

DragonEmperor23 said:
@Agnaa

Isn't that because he generally breaks most attacks that he recognizes after they've touched him so he can't really see it a second time? I might've read your post wrong.
No, it isn't. He's stated to easily block Medaka's attack (that originally killed him, so the attack wasn't broken) while possessing Hansode because he no longer recognizes it as an attack.

I dunno, Agnaa would know better, but Scion's avatar is probably gonna be at least temporarily incapacitated by Irreversible Destruction.

What's this "throughout the universes" stuff? Iihiko's range is only hundreds of meters at best.

Scion's true form exists across multiple universes in bits and pieces. It does not necessarily need to be attacked to kill Scion, as Scion's avatar is made up of the matter of his true form. If you destroy his avatar enough he'll run out of matter and die. That'd take a long time, though.

But Iihiko may be able to prevent the Regenerationn, so.

Inconclusive is the most likely result. They won't kill each other they'll just slap each other indefinitely. Maybe Iihiko incaps Scion. Maybe Scion pulls some shit with PtV? I dunno how Iihiko's powers would interact with precog

Well, Iihiko does prevent Regenerationn, healing, and prevents stamina from recovering. So I'd think that Iihiko could run Scion out, maybe.

Yeah, it's possible.

I'd go Inconclusive, though. Too many factors with PtV. If it weren't for that, I'd go with Iihiko.

What's PtV and how does it change things?

Path to Victory. It's a simulation of the multiverse that allows Scion to determine the optimal course of action in any given situation and execute it. Scion's has issues (expends a ridiculous amount of energy and is the hands of a temperamental manchild), but Scion can accurately simulate beings that wouldn't normally appear in the predictions. He uses it only when necessary

Back