• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

If you were/are writer, how strong would/did you make your Verse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unite My Rice said:
Tier 10 physicals with tier 1 hax
I have actually thought up characters like that and yes, it was definitely with the "Strongest for every tier" thread in mind.

All this kinda takes me back...

I made comics back then... of course they were for fun, and there was a very casual planet-busting feat. Well, it didn't happen but the characters' reactions made it seem like the blast fired by this big bad woulda' destroyed Mars. Heh. Those days were terrible...

But, after some revisions, I've decided that most of the big cast were to be around 4-B.

The weakest character I have is this dude who is normally High 8-C, with Low 7-B dura. He can concentrate his powers for a more devastating effect which, although caps at 9-B at best, could do some serious molecular destruction.

But yeah, I have a varied amount of cast. While I haven't gotten to even working on a first story, I have many of their adventures conceptualized in my head. Most of which were conceived around 2014, my edgy days... good lord.

I wrote a comic while I was in high school about myself and my circle of friends being transported to a fantasy world where we all got super powers. All the main characters were casual wall busters, probably somewhere between high tier 9 to low 8. The villains were slightly stronger with haxy abilities like mind control and spatial manipulation. The comic itself was more comedy focused, so certain characters had things like fourth wall awareness and minor toon force.

The first story I remember writting was a story about a cat that knew karate that I made when I was 5 years old. If I remember correctly, he took down a skyscraper while fighting a giant robot, so, High 8-C.

In the novel I'm writing, my verse is currently maxing out at Low 2-C after some verse revisions where before it maxed at 3-A. It's pretty much my comfort zone as I don't like writing onipotent characters.

I had a group of friends. Among them there was one whom we would make many jokes about regarding his weight. A lot of those jokes ended up putting him at 3-A..... I don't think he's friends with me anymore :(

A long time ago when I first started the basics of Vs Debating I had an OC who was Multi City Block in base form and Mountain level in his awakened form. All the other characters scaled and such but that's just what I went with. The feat that made him MCB was very low and just baseline. I usually just stick with stuff that's basic like RWBY low-high tiers or OPM Demon level or Dragon threats.

I already made my own verse on FC/OC (which you can see here in case you're wondering what it is). It's mostly composed of characters within the 9-B to Low 5-B range with some simple and mild haxes.

I'm currently writing a story, and I'm planning on the final battle to have a 2-B feat in it, which will basically mean that these two or three characters will be 2-Bs in a verse where everyone else is 8-C at most.

It helps a little if you give the character one power, but leave it vague as hell, so you can kind of make stuff up without it seeming like you're making it up.

I always wanted to make an RPG (yeah it'd never happen but its fun to dream) that was like a combination of God of War, Skyrim and Mythology (Mostly Greek)

The story was as you'd expect going to feature a large amount of beasts (mostly inspired by cryptids and legends with some aesthetics taken from both extant and extinct life) as well as a fair amount of Gods and Lovecraftian esque beings

The Power Levels i had in mind would go something like this (Note thanks to gameplay mechanics they'll work a bit differently to this)

Soldiers and Low Tier monsters would go from 10-A to 9-B with soldiers, bandits and wolves

Early Game Protagonist would be 8-C (Can summon thunderbolts from his hands and turn fools to ash with fire, scales to a monster able to do something like this, Monsters such as Fodder Demons and Tatzelwurms would be able to do the above feat)

Mid Game Protag would be like High 7-C by virtue of creating storms, scaling to the Thunder Drakes that can create storms and overpowering a demon that can create a town. This is also the tier powerful beasts like Dragons and Kasai fit in with Demons like the Painless (Tormented souls with their armor stiched right onto the skin)

End Game Protag is around 6-C for scaling to a mythical Titan who could tear islands from the sea (Rare Boss), fight on par with a Magic User able to freeze a lake solid, has a spell which can create magnitude 10 Earthquakes, scales to a Demonic being able to shake the Mortal Coil, and could use a mythical weapon able to shatter an island. This is also where the base main antagonist sits

End Game Protag while empowered by the Gods of his verse is about 5-C for fighting against the Main Antagonist who gained the full power of a God (Who should be on par with one that destroyed a Moon) he can also cause global earthquakes, disperse giant amounts of clouds (similar to the Gargos calc)

The average Gods of this verse should be 5-C (Scales to the antagonist and the power he claimed), one of them forged the moon and stars (which are the same size in this verse) and over time forged the Planet Sized Realm his pantheon calls home. A Thunder God from another pantheon also created a stirm that covered the face of the Mortal Realm and he is overpowerd by quite a few deities in the verse. We also have one that brought life to the world and scales to a demon Lord who threatened to burn the surface of the World to ash (calc this)

The Top Tier Gods are 5-A for one of them throwing a star at another one during a battle (Like Thanos did) and having a feat similar to what Kep calced the Celestial feat at and The God of the Mortigard creating a realm 10 times the size of the Mortal Realm in the form of the Mortigard. The King of the Gods is also far above this.

So yeah my verse varies a bit in power.

I have already thought of that and have a few races and universes in my head, all connected to the same multiversal macrocosm. I dunno if I'm ever gonna write them, but...

The weakest of these races, the Outliers, are basically X-Men-like mutants, but differently from X-Men they don't have the power to exterminate humanity single-handedly because that would be dumb and make it ridiculously for them to suffer any oppression at all. They're like 1/1000th of the population and are mostly powerless furries (or otherwise "mostly human humanoids" anywhere from 50% to 99.9% human) with some furries with powers and even less people with powers who seem superfficially like normal humans. They range anywhere from 10-C to 8-C, but while some very few from them can have striking strength on the 9-A range normally, those who do have 8-C power usually accomplish it via overloading their superpowers and entering an Heroic RROD, or by exploiting some stuff to be able to unleash attacks stronger than what they can do on their own. This means that they can wage war against humanity and have even conquered a few countries and provinces as well as there are countries which mix them with humans (or even call them humans and treat them as such, they're technically a subspecies) but they are overall in disadvantage and can and are hunted at some places. So, my weakest verse has 9-C fodder and 8-C god tiers. Their speeds range from human-level all the way to, at the very extreme of Heroic RROD of god-tier speedsters, High Hypersonic combat speeds because they can only maintain that for a single blow or shit. All Outliers possess an "interference field" caused passively by their superpowers and that field creates very minor and mostly unnoticeable changes on the laws of physics... which are mostly irrelevant but provide extremely strong hax resistance by inhibiting non-consented alterations of information (even radioactivity can be resisted and they suffer less sunburns than normal from that) close to them. This is dangerous because an unconscious and dying Outlier may resist healing powers from other outliers until it's too late, but is mostly benefic although it does not protect against getting thrown a fireball (but does protect against having fire materialized inside you). Most fighters are also adapted to fighting creatively against strong opponents and countering strategies that make stupid powers hard to beat, so even fodder's intellect is Above Average and the god-tiers can be Genius to Extraordinary Genius.

The strongest of these races are the Hayyoth, an all female race of multiversal empresses who are born when stars die, come from a different universe where there are no atoms and matter exists as a continuum which by the possibility of near-infinite subdivision and near-infinitesimal variation is insanely more complex than our own universe. They are born at baseline High 5-A and can go all the way to 3-B, having technologies which go up to High 3-A or, with a lot of effort, Low 2-C. They are always MFTL+ in speed (they ignore relativity but their speed is similar to what you'd get from their tier's KE on newtonian formulas) and their senses work differently from humans: rather than seeing from light, they can see light itself and matter and wave-particles themselves. Their intellect is such that not only every single adult (10 000 years old and beyond) Hayyoth knows all producible science and knowledge from their universe and because there is mostly empty matter between everything from our universe, they can look into a human's eyes and read their brains in detail so long as that human is close enough to the middle of their vision, thus after a few seconds being able to proccess that information and know them better than they know themselves, which makes them all Supergenius in intellect. This race has conquered their home universe thoroughly and seeks to protect it, as well as strengthen their empire, as well as gather more knowledge from the multiverse for additional research on their own does hardly generate decent advances, making it more cost-efficient to gather Low 2-C to High 2-A artifacts from other universes. These Hayyoth also come from a universe where space-time is not a tangible thing like in our own universe, where time travel is impossible because nothing manipulates time our space like our gravity and high velocities can cause some distortions. This grants them all Spatiotemporal Manipulation Resistance for their nature is imposed upon other universes they join. Their stamina is superhuman, allowing them to charge an attack for hours and fight for days, with the very strongest among them being able to meditate for almost a year in order to charge up a 3-A attack. They are basically what happens when you have a race of cosmic entities that are born too easily: they join together and take over the cosmos. Being born so easily, their numbers are huge: 10^24 Hayyoth exist in total, a good fraction of them being soldiers which make Ultra Instinct look like a red belt (thanks to all that intellect). The powers of a Hayyoth comes from both their "Aura", which isn't energy but rather matter from their universe which they can manifest, suppress (making disappear) and manipulate and through "Imposition", which is the ability to impose changes onto a reality. However extremely wide in scope of capability, these two bases are limited for a Hayyoth has powers according to her individual affinities and talents, making for a few versatile (and not rare at all hax-y, although spacetime manipulation is rarely involved) yet reasonably well-enclosed powers for each of them, and for some skills shared by all (all of them are able to use aura to communicate on space by transmitting information through it via threads or anything, all of them are able to use amorphous aura as something that looks like plasma blasts and shields).

The multiverse from this verse is described as being made of "more than infinite" universes which if piled up as dots in a line would make that line longer than the largest of those universes. It is infinite-dimensional, but higher dimensions are not considered to be infinitely above lower dimensions, making the multiverse a high-end of High 2-A. Not one entity is however capable of fully manipulating or destroying that verse, nor is there one single creator, so that's pretty much the god tier of the entire verse, although the Hayyoth do threaten parts of it, looking like Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Evil entities for other universes which don't know them, but something closer to Lawful Neutral/Neutral Good for each other.

There is also a universe with several different races whose superpowers don't come innately, but rather by a complex sort of energy manipulation with three kinds of energy: Aura, Qualia and Mana. Aura is basically discount Nen from Hunter x Hunter with a "late-game" divine ki-like mechanic that allows them to reach way higher levels of power by training to use it while hiding their energy inside them, a technique which drastically alters the mechanics of Aura once learned, but which is unknown to most of the world for the wrong impressions that are caused by those who try its basic principles without knowing about them. Using Aura tires you down, it's your body energy. Without the technique, most people will peak at High 8-C and anyone below 9-A is fodder, with some Low 7-C extremely rare god tiers and 8-A top tiers. With the technique, a new realm is opened and one can even get to some higher points of Tier 7. Maybe even unlock Tier 6's lower parts.

Qualia, called the energy that connects the body and soul, wastes your lifespan upon usage but allows you to project or put any quality of yours into anything or boost it and the boost is quadratic. Basically, if someone makes so that they lose 1 hour of life for every second they keep a durability boosting technique active, their power will increase nearly 1.3 million times. This is further enhanced by the fact qualities you have little in store will take more qualia to use and those you have a lot will take little qualia to create a greater effect, so by having a Frisk-like determination you can use something similar to Haoshoku Haki with ease. Different qualities must be worked differently and function differently under the mechanics of qualia, making it a very powerful energy which easily allows someone to go up to Tier 8, at a large cost. It is limited in potency by seven gates: the gate of thought, of will, of skill, of pain, of harm, of loss and of death, which are defined by how much you are willing to sacrifice for your ends (anyone can open the first one and most people will open at least the first two, the third being based on whether you will persist if a task becomes dull in face of difficulty and the fourth is "even if it hurts to do it"), with every gate allowing ten times more energy output and the tenth allowing you to output all of your qualia at once if necessary (which makes even a wimp Low 6-B for a single blast if they have mastered control of the energy and can manage that).

The third energy is the energy of the soul, Mana, which is the weakest yet most versatile: you're an archmage, basically some sorta elite, if you're 9-A at base, but spells are extremely complex and with enough preparation time you might take down Qualia users. Mana is basically low key RW on that it is intelligible energy which manifests concepts in reality. The greater your understanding of an idea and the greater the amount of mana, the greater your power, thus in theory someone with PERFECT understanding of the idea of fire could have High 3-A fire output with any amount of mana, but that's ultimately impossible. Pretty much every magician worth their salt is thus also an intellectual of sorts. 9-C magicians are fodder, and master magicians are 8-C, but with spell preparation time a master magician may cast spells pretty much anywhere on the Tier 8 range, with several masters being possibly assembled to prepare, throughout days of prep time, a nuclear tier spell. However masters aren't the top: this energy which when wasted takes your mind energy (thus leading to depression, lack of focus, irritability, etc) peaks at 8-A+ which is the upper limit of what a human body can handle. Just having this amount of mana inside you will give you this level of superhuman stats and you might setup nuclear tier spells on your own, possibly going up to High 7-C with a special attack all by yourself, but your body is sorta taken over by your own magic power and will destroy itself should you get any stronger. However, that's just "top tier", with a god tier existing which can put on spells to allow surpassing this barrier. This allows for a body of pure mana which is the concept of yourself manifested into the Earth: magical gods are their name. They are no less than Low 7-C and can get up to High 7-A, with the most powerful spells being able to counter attacks from the top-notch qualia users by assembling several gods (although they are individually rare enough existences for this to barely be possible, and most gods explore other universes for artifacts on Tier 6 which they might want). All three energies are associated with a longer lifespan when its user is very powerful, with magical gods having Type 1 Immortality but pretty much any non-fodder from this universe having some degree of Longevity.

Learning one energy will progressively make your talent at manipulating others plummet, and trying to learn to manipulate several of them will make you cap at fodder tier in all of them, or slightly above fodder if you're crazy good, as well as it will prevent you from opening important gates from Qualia energy (mainly harm and beyond, and it will take insane talent to open the gate of pain and years of practice to open the gate of skill when all that wouldn't happen to a normal user).

This is all subjected to possible retcons given I wrote none of it, lal.

Ryukama said:
Depends on what type of character I'm writing.
  • If my character is a super badass martial artist yet still human like Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan type movies, I'd make them 9-C or low end 9-B.
  • If my character is blatantly superhuman, I'd make them Tier 8-7. This is because characters at this level could cause destruction on an immense scale which an audience can easily see how ridiculously powerful they are. Arbitrarily adding bigger numbers (especially numbers too big for humans to actually fathom) to feats doesn't make them more impressive. Especially to non powerscalers. It's why people are more amazed by All Might's fights than Suggsverse's.
  • If my characters are meant to be cosmic gods with roles similar to the Marvel Skyfathers, I'd put them at Tier 3-2.
  • Tier 1 I'd only reserve for higher entities that don't actually fight. Rather they are meant to serve philosophical themes and/or cosmic horror through humanity's insignificance. Characters like Cthulhu Mythos gods or Vertigo's Endless.
I wouldn't at all focus on power really though. I'd just do what makes sense for the series, its setting, its scale and the overall story you're trying to write.

Feats serve 2 purposes in a narrative sense.

1. Establishing how strong, powerful or badass a character is in order to impress and/or intimidate the audience.

2. Destructive feats in particular will often be used to bring about disasters, loss of life or drastic stakes.

No respectable writer makes a feat for the sole purpose of having their character beat others in a hypothetical VS battle, or to appease a small niche of people online who care about that sort of thing. You shouldn't either if you want to make a series.
I'm sorry for quoting a long comment after my very long one, but I can't otherwise express how much I agree with this.

Revan Laha said:
I like to put characters at the same level as MCU or DCEU heavy hitters
Isn't that a bit of a stretch? :v I personally don't even think of ever using High 1-As and Tier 0s because they're, like, nonsense. -q

Ryukama said:
@Mand21 Aww thanks :)
<3

Also, I should add that if I ever write a verse, I'll make the Hayyoth make a credible statement affirming the existence of a creature below the concept of dimensions which is in a constant state of destruction and revival for just the fact it exists can kill it and thus everyone is killing it infinitely every Planck Time or so, just to challenge powerscalers to tier it.

I'm working on a comic. The main protagonist will, at bare minimum, peak at Tier 5. Possibly higher. There are higher dimensional beings in my fiction as well, and I'm still debating whether outerversal beings will fit in or not. I don't think I'll have a tier 0, but I may have tier 11 since dimensionality is a big theme in my verse.

My main protagonist is a female warrior/heroine and this is a rough sketch of what she looks like.

https://i.imgur.com/ivQOdDk.png

Honestly, I've been lazy with my work and neglecting it, but I really want to get back into it.

I think if I made up a verse, by the end of the series the strongest characters that fight would be like 3-C and even then only a handful, like 4 or less. Characters that are a major threat to the universe but not because the can bust it one go.

Anything higher than that would be Godlike/Abstract beings that don't really to get involved in the main action unless to prove some kind of point or because they're whimsical like that. Even then, these moments would be few and far between. Or their mortality is so far removed from the norm that it would be best to not even mess with them.

I would make a Cthulhu Mythos parody, with a chibi chtulhu and a chibi Nyarlathotep as main characters, who can snuff out stars for entertainement, and with Yog Shothoth being a grumpy grandpa beyong time, space, logic, reason and memes

Overlord775 said:
I would make a Cthulhu Mythos parody, with a chibi chtulhu and a chibi Nyarlathotep as main character, who can snuff out stars for entertainement, and with Yog Shothoth being a grumpy grandpa beyong time, space, logic, reason and memes
LOL, that's pretty cool. It might as well be one of the most overpowered chibi moe comedy ever. Tier 4-A fodder...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back