• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

If Game Mechanics were legit...

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
This is a funny idea I've had in my mind for a while now.

Consider your favourite game (or, well, doesn't have to be your favourite. Just one you know about).

What if absolutely everything in that game that was blatant game mechanics could be used as legit feats for tiering and abilities? And if so, what is the funniest thing you could think of to apply to those characters?

Here are a few examples:

TES 4 Oblivion: All NPC's would get Time Stop by being able to completely freeze the world around you when you enter conversation. Guards would also get telepathy due to being able to detect from all the way on the other side of Cyrodiil that you're a criminal if one person saw you steal an apple.

Two Worlds: All villagers would be on the same tier as the final boss due to being completely invincible to his attacks when aggravated

Devil May Cry: Fodders would be Low 2-C due to harming Dante

I'm sure there are tonnes of extra examples. Hopefully ya'll can think of more.

SMT: Some characters would be able to prevent their opponent from doing anything via Press-Turn Icon Manipulation.

The FFXII cast would get possible universal time stop/power modification for being able to pause mid-battle to change their gambits, equipment, switch out party members etc, in a real time JRPG.

Most turn based RPG characters should have their intelligence set to "low" or have a massive weakness listed for waiting for the opponents to get ready to attack whenever they plan to attack. Either that or most protagonists get the highest case of mftl+ speed ever, for being able to take their armor on and off a trans-finite number of times in the time it takes their enemy to perform an attack.

Crimson Azoth said:
Minecraft gets an absolutely incredible Lifting Strength
I did a calculation a while back on how much gold you could store with maximum mules on leads. I don't remember the result, but it's way higher now.

Also, the leads cause the mules to swing like crazy when you go up ladders, so you'd be able to get some great KE from that.

Edit: also, all of those falling from max height in the nether would give you the durability of any material in the game, since you don't break them by falling.

Crimson Azoth said:
Infinite is incredible, is it not?

waggles eyebrows dramatically
I mean it would more be along the lines of Class K at peak but

Through commands in vanilla, you can create an infinitely deep Shulker Box chain.

Even just an inventory of gold is class M

With other methods it's not hard to get into class T

Of course with cheating in an (not literally, cause limited data, but absurdly long) infinite shulker chain we can get stupid levels of universal. I was just going over best possible without cheats when I said class T.

Yeah, but this is asking about game mechanics. The commands required to create the infinite chain are a game mechanic.

My Future Warrior not only scales above Demigra and the like, but a single Ki Blast is able to 1-shot literally every other character on the roster and becomes the undisputed God Tier of the Verse second only to Zeno and possibly the Grand Priest. That's it.

In Civ. 5, Germany officially adopted Judaism and Christianity as their national religion. Heheheheheheh.

Aaaand my Naked Kahjiit Dovahkiin can survive a fall from the top of the Throat of the World with around 20% HP, 1-shot Alduin and every NPC in the world with my bare fists with nothing but a Prisoner's wraps on (That has an enchantment that gives me a kahjillion unarmed damage bonus), and Health Regen able to make me go from 1% HP to 100% HP in a heartbeat which I'm sure qualifies as at least High.

Chompies from skylanders would be 3-A, due to being able to harm superchargers. Also, flynn, sheep, caterpillars, and other NPCs would be above 3-A durability. As well, most doors and walls in just about any game would be tougher than the protagonist.

Back