• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichigo Kurosaki vs. Natsu Dragneel

Why not make this a bankai ichigo w/ hollow mask? Anyway ichigo wins via more mobility and he would likely kill natsu off guard with shunpo.

Idk shunpo provides ichigo a HUGE dodge advantage and one raw getsuga tenshō from natsu's back would incapacitate him.

Not sure what you mean. What do you mean by your last statement?

Also Hollowified Bankai Ichigo is at least Town level so it would be a stomp.

Well, the fight is taking place on Fairy Tail's holy ground so I'd imagine Natsu would think of Fairy Tail when he's losing.

You can't remove Zangetsu from Ichigo, otherwise, he will not have powers at all. The blade is the source of his powers, and the sword is part of his soul. Is like removing Kurama from Naruto minus the dying part.

AppleLord said:
You can't remove Zangetsu from Ichigo, otherwise, he will not have powers at all. The blade is the source of his powers, and the sword is part of his soul. Is like removing Kurama from Naruto minus the dying part.
True that.

I mean, no Zangetsu coming out to help Ichigo in the fight. I'm pretty sure no one allows Kurama to come out and help Naruto in a versus thread except if it's Bijuu Mode Naruto and above. Like if someone says something like 'Hmm, I vote for Naruto because if he's losing, Kurama will come out and help him against his opponent'.

You know what, I'll just remove it. Both of them can have their Zangetsu and Nakama stuff.

Natsu gets a magic and power boost just for being on Tenroujima, but thx to Old Man Zangetsu using Blut to lessen damage and power up Ichigo as well, I go inconclusive

The tree on the island only restored little part of magic power when ultear put it back together since it was Azuma that used the tenrou island energy to take away their magic nothing more it doesn't power him up. So yeah ichigo for me since he also uses a sword.

WilliamShadow said:
The tree on the island only restored little part of magic power when ultear put it back together since it was Azuma that used the tenrou island energy to take away their magic nothing more it doesn't power him up. So yeah ichigo for me since he also uses a sword.
Actually no it enhances their magic power and makes so they can't die as long as the tree is standing and what does having a Sword contribute to do with anything?

It was never stated that the tree will keep them alive only that it protects them but in the end it did pretty much nothing and for sword well if he can pierce Natsu doing more damage easier that Natsu can with fists.

It's just a talk it might as well enchant their power a bit but it doesn't necessarily save their life cause in that case Makarov would of not lost against Hades or acnologia would of not succeed at destroying the island or well he would of but that used fairy sphere protected them thx to Mavis but without it they would of died so that protect their life is just a hyperbole but sure it does enchant them.

And let's not forget Zeref's death wave since Natsu was saved by his scarf and not tenrou tree so it is nothing more than hyperbole probably referring to the fact since it enchants their strength a bit it's "protecting their lives"

And yes I am well aware of natsu's dragon roar but it is easy to dodge so I still go with Ichigo

WilliamShadow said:
It's just a talk it might as well enchant their power a bit but it doesn't necessarily save their life cause in that case Makarov would of not lost against Hades or acnologia would of not succeed at destroying the island or well he would of but that used fairy sphere protected them thx to Mavis but without it they would of died so that protect their life is just a hyperbole but sure it does enchant them.

And let's not forget Zeref's death wave since Natsu was saved by his scarf and not tenrou tree so it is nothing more than hyperbole probably referring to the fact since it enchants their strength a bit it's "protecting their lives"

And yes I am well aware of natsu's dragon roar but it is easy to dodge so I still go with Ichigo
Never said they wouldn't lose a fight just they won't die it's indirect since all of those examples you listed still ended in them living not a one dead, and Ichigo's Getsuga is equally dodgable I still go inconclusive

Sure they didn't die but they weren't saved by the tree ethier it was clearly stated Natsu lives cause of his scarf since Zeref's curse would of killed him so I still think that's nothing more than hyperbole not to mention originally Makarov was supposed to die on tenrou island but Hiro changed his idea.

Gonna hafta give this to Natsu, Ichigo does have better movement ability via shunpo and his getsuga tenshou is impressive, but that's literally all he has, he's not very versatile he'd essentially be the equivalent of a swordsman who can launch a single energy attack and has pseudo teleportation. Couple days with the fact that in this point of both characters respective history Natsu is already established as an experienced fighter from the first chapter, while Ichigo is a quick learner with impressive natural talent. All in all I go with Natsu.

First, people are seriously overestimating Shunpo here. It's a speed enhancement technique, not a teleport. Therefore it's useless on this fight since speed is equalized.

Second, are you really saying one Getsuga Tenshou is enough to put him down, when they are on the same tier?

Third, flight and range advantage (he doesn't even have a range advantage) is moot since Ichigo is a rush down type of fighter that much more prefers to fight up close than from afar. And Natsu can still stop GT with his own ranged attacks.

Having that said, I vote Natsu because he's a better combatant at this point, has better AoE and versatility. He's also more experienced at this time. Ichigo doesn't have much experience fighting opponents like Natsu, while Natsu has battled sword users before.

Why can't Shunpo be used? I mean, even if characters have similar or comparable speed, they can still appear behind each other. What happens next is just down to the situation, characters involved and the circumstances in place.

I vote Ichigo aswell. His rating is from when Urahara compared his power to third seats waaaay back. Even before the SS arc. he will be far stronger then that when he fought byakuya. A single getsuga would likely finish it.

Back