• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichigo Kurosaki vs. Natsu Dragneel

I'm sorry but I don't think Uraharas comparison should be a factor here at all; Natsu was already said to have power comparable to an S class Mage long b4 the S class exams even happened but here it means nothing. Just to reiterate Ichigo is very straightforward and lacks proper versatility in his abilities, this a key weakness, couple with the fact that his getsuga tenshou isn't a rapid fire technique, and he's combat style while in Shikai is literally to get up close and personal then throwing off a getsuga once he gets an opening; he's literally fighting a losing battle.

Davidsteel1 said:
Just to reiterate Ichigo is very straightforward and lacks proper versatility in his abilities, this a key weakness,
Lets not pretend Natsu is some tactical genius they are both brawlers. And when it comes to versatility they are both equally bad one has Getsuga the other one has Dragon roar and flame punches.

I did not claim at all that Natsu is more versatile; both characters really have straight forward abilities, but here's where they differ- Natsu while he does have simple abilities makes up for this in his application; tangible flames, the ability to combat his opponent no matter the range (though he does prefer close up fighting), spouting flames from any part of his body in order to catch opponents off guard, AOE attacks, hell he even applies flames to a head butt. While Ichigos style doesn't even allow for much creativity; in fact up to the final arc he barely shows any real diversity with his powers, sticking to his straight forward techniques. The point I'm making isn't that Natsu is a strategic genius (cuz he's not), it's that Ichigo's style is far too simple.

Natsu is not more versatile than Ichigo, Ichigo is better at CQC than Natsu because sword attacks hurt much more than punches. Also Ichigo's flight gives him big advantage as well.

"Sword attacks hurt more than punches" I think that's debatable when each punch is essentially a bomb going off on ur face. Yes Ichigo can fly, a serious advantage... if he ever makes use of it; he's a cqc kinda guy (especially if he's in character) it isn't like him to just float above and rain down attacks.

^Its not debatable at all. More focus on one point inflicts more damage. ask someone to punch you hard in the gut, then ask the same person to stab you in the gut. See what hurts more.. Cutting>>Blunt force

I really do think it is, it's not asking someone to punch u, it's asking someone with a flaming fist to punch u; then the flame explodes at the point of impact, if ur insides don't turn to mush then you'll either be dead or suffering from severe burns.

Davidsteel1 said:
"Sword attacks hurt more than punches" I think that's debatable when each punch is essentially a bomb going off on ur face. Yes Ichigo can fly, a serious advantage... if he ever makes use of it; he's a cqc kinda guy (especially if he's in character) it isn't like him to just float above and rain down attacks.
No, the you need less pressure to cut an object than blunt attacks. That's why durable characters get cut easily by swords or other sharp tools. This is said by the calc team on the wiki. Ichigo can hurt Natsu far more easily than vice versa

I realise u do not need as much energy to cut as u need to punch; I was specifically referring to the fact that each punch is essentially a bomb; I'm fairly certain that's going to hurt a hell of a lot more than a regular punch. Hence y I said that's debatable.

Davidsteel1 said:
I realise u do not need as much energy to cut as u need to punch; I was specifically referring to the fact that each punch is essentially a bomb; I'm fairly certain that's going to hurt a hell of a lot more than a regular punch. Hence y I said that's debatable.
Even if it's bomb, cutting bomb > blunt bomb. So no, it's not debatable. Cutting attacks hurt more fundamentally than blunt attacks

I counted the votes (Might be wrong)

Ichigo : 9

Natsu : 3

Inconclusive : 1

Ichigo: Yomi Schwarz , Cropfist , WilliamShadow , Altaïr Ibn Al Ma'Louf , ZackMoon1234 , Raito Utopia , Soldier Blue , LordAizenSama , AllanSaiyan

Natsu: Takanome shanks , Davidsteel1 , ScarletFirefly

Inconclusive: Hst master

Wait what??? What in the world is a blunt bomb? Better question what in the world is a cutting bomb?? As far as I'm aware a bomb is simply... a bomb. Im truly and honestly confused now.

And sorry don't mean to come across like a douche or anything but I think u meant "fundamentally cutting attacks hurt more than blunt attacks"

There's probably more than 10 votes for Ichigo already. Will this be added to their profiles, or no

Back