• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ichigo Kurosaki vs Natsu Dragneel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it is a concentrated slashing technique which requires less energy/force to go through things.

If Natsu can burn anything why isnt he 1-A.

Funny you're claiming NLF when you believe the likes of Yamamoto have existence erasure powerful enough to wipe Superman.

I wrote "anything" for an obvious reason.

Also, it might take that shape but it's not the same because it's not thin as a sword for example, but is instead pretty large and it also likely never did such a thing in the first place.

He even fought a fire user and was unable to do a similar feat.

And don't see a single reason why Natsu can't burn a simple energy attack.

Easily dispersed by Getsuga tenshou.

You got that backwards

No. Generic fire dragon attack #238 has more AoE, which means less power per square cm then a power of the same/similiar magnitude with much smaller surface area.

For example try stabbing some1 with a generic piece of wood. Now sharpen the wood down to form a arrow-like tip and try again. Since the power is focused on a smaller point it can overcome what it could not when using a larger object.

^The diffrence in this case is small considering Getsuga Tenshou is still pretty large and is not even close to be similar to an arrow. So, it's not a convincing argument at all and a bad example.

Yeah, funny enough he can hurt people on his level with that move even though it's "AoE", and he has concentrated attacks as well, it's not only Ichigo's uninspired sword slashing attack #32 that does that.

BoomeYang said:
Funny you're claiming NLF when you believe the likes of Yamamoto have existence erasure powerful enough to wipe Superman.
Unless you have resistance to existence erasure you do not resist exist erasure. Whether superman does or not i dunno. If he does then he resists it. Like I said on that thread.

You must be a pretty big fan of mine considering that thread was months ago and you weren't even in it. Im honored.

Nonsense arguments tend to stay in mind even after a while, and we know you like patting yourself on the back, but let's take it down a notch hmm?

If Natsu's fire can burn hax, there's no reason it won't burn normal techniques.

Blanked said:
^The diffrence in this case is small considering Getsuga Tenshou is still pretty large and is not even close to be similar to an arrow. So, it's not a convincing argument at all and a bad example.
Huh? Getsuga tenshou is a slicing technique. Its very linear and the slice is no greater then a swords usual width See Grimmjows chest for example. Still has the scar.

The arrow is actually the exact same scenario. Its just a arrow. If it helps you picture a wooden sword then use a sharpened wooden sword.

Show me the scan where it has same width. I remember in particular his battle with ulquiorra and the technique was larger than Ulqiorra's body.

Getsuga tenshou only has the same width as the sword upon its release but then it gets larger for a bigger AOE.

Also, damage on the character is not a perfect indicator as by that logic a greater AOE would destroy the body considering the explosions radius, but in fiction it almost never happens.

Also, that doesn't explain why his attack didn't overpower attacks with greater AOE.

BoomeYang said:
Yeah, funny enough he can hurt people on his level with that move even though it's "AoE", and he has concentrated attacks as well, it's not only Ichigo's uninspired sword slashing attack #32 that does that.
Ichigo probably has like one move the entire series.

LordAizenSama said:
BoomeYang said:
Ichigo probably has like one move the entire series.
Joke_Whoosh.mp3

Grim was standing centimetres away from Ichigo when he unleashed the Getsuga tenshou so the attack didn't grow and it only succeeded cause of diffrence in power and speed. Here that is not an issue.

Blanked said:
Show me the scan where it has same width. I remember in particular his battle with ulquiora and the technique was larger Ulqiora's body.

Getsuga tenshou only has the same width as the sword upon its release but then it gets larger for a bigger AOE.
Images (24)
Its the same thing really. Theres a tonne of other showings you could find if you like (Getsuga Juujishou cut off Candices arm, scarred grimmjows chest, etc.

Blanked said:
Grim was standing centimetres away from Ichigo when he unleashed the Getsuga tenshou so the attack didn't grow and it only succeeded cause of diffrence in power and speed. Here that is not an issue.
What??? no??? Grimmjow was ages away standing in the sky.

Are we seriously debating whether GETSUGA TENSHOU. is a slicing technique?

^You refer on first,second or third battle?

Also, this won't change my vote as i don't see Natsu having problems with dodging or burning the attack and dodging is really easy if we consider that width from a certain distance also Natsu would have burning damage as a bonus so i will stay with inconclusive.

He can even burn the attack or lower the damage when it hits him since his body can easily be engulfed in flames, but it ain't hitting easily. Which also explains why Ichigo is close combat fighter.

This whole "slicing vs brute force" debate is pointless considering in anime fiction the mangaka doesn't make any difference whatsoever between the two types of attacks. People can tank sword attacks with their armor or body no problem even though they are in the same tier and supposedly the sword should strike harder.

Ichigos attacks will do greater damager to natsu than visa versa because he has a sword. Slicing does more damage as we already referenced earlier

Also reiatsu acts like a barrier aswell so yeah.

LordAizenSama said:
Ichigos attacks will do greater damager to natsu than visa versa because he has a sword. Slicing does more damage as we already referenced earlier

Also reiatsu acts like a barrier aswell so yeah.
Reaitsu is already in his durabilty, while fire that engulfs the body is a bonus for energy attacks only.

"Limited Power Nullification." Natsu isn't Gildarts where you can use his power nullification as the main reason for your vote. He isn't gonna somehow burn every attack that's thrown at him.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
"Limited Power Nullification." Natsu isn't Gildarts where you can use his power nullification as the main reason for your vote. He isn't gonna somehow burn every attack that's thrown at him.
But he can burn the same attack over and over again. Also, limited is only there because it's not Natsu's main arsenal, but so far it has better feats than Gildarts power nullification.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
He has burned general magic, time hax magic, existence erasure magic, paralysing magic. What makes you think he can't burn a general technique such as the GT, fully or partially?

"He can burn the same attack over and over again." As you said it's not in his main arsenal. I seriously doubt Natsu is gonna burn more than a few attacks here. But then again I'm not sure If you were being 100% serious about him burning everything and anything.

@Yang

I never said that. I'm aware that Natsu has the ability to burn Ichigo's GT AT TIMES. the point is Natsu isn't gonna constantly do that. Anyhow I've already voted so peace.

I think there is quite of a diffrence between writing "Anything" and Anything. Plus it's obvious he can only burn magic he or his flames get in direct contact with and he has burned quite powerful ones. That are also not things that can't be burned like flames or something.

I am not saying he can burn mind manipulation magic or similar.

If Natsu's fire has the ability to burn it and seeing as he uses fire 99% of the time, I don't see why he won't do it constantly. It's just illogical. It's not like the magic burning is a separate special ability, it's an effect from the flames he generates.

BoomeYang said:
If Natsu's fire has the ability to burn it and seeing as he uses fire 99% of the time, I don't see why he won't do it constantly. It's just illogical. It's not like the magic burning is a separate special ability, it's an effect from the flames he generates.

While i don't agree with most things Aizen has said during this thread i do have to agree with him on that being a no limits fallacy. And I'm pretty sure his power nullification flames usually come into play whenever he gets angry or emotional. Also correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Bleach going through a revision anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back