• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"I will show you, your worst Nightmare! I will give you despair, and....Death!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Nightmare have resistance to Time Manipulation?

It'll depend on if Dante uses Time Manipulation early in-character, though?

DMC5 Dante's time manipulation (better time slow) comes from a special "finishing" attack that he does in SDT which is what he most likely uses when he has no other option but he does have bangle of time (time stop) and Quicksilver (time slow) which I'd imagine he doesn't mind using.

Since this is DMC5 Dante he is pretty serious, still has his quips and jokes but only when facing foes he 100% knows he can beat and because Dante can sense his enemies power he can probably tell how dangerous Nightmare is.

I also took a look at Nightmare's Madness Manipulation. I'm pretty sure Dante can hard resist it depending on the potency. Is that Nightmare's primary win-con?

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure Dante has been able to deal with many enemies with similar BFR abilties, but does he have anything to address Soul Manipulation?

Dante has resistance to soul manipulation, he fought enemies who sucks/eats souls and carried items that drains his soul for long periods of time.Also resists the Beastheads who takes souls aswell.

I will go with Dante fra. If it was DMC 4 or 3 one he probably would joke around too much, but DMC 5 one gets things seriously and is not playing (too much) around.

Probably Dante, for now. Sin Devil Trigger being able to destroy opponents from the inside+time slow+serious Dante and i see him winning, though this could easily end as a incon.

Dienomite22 said:
DMC5 Dante's time manipulation (better time slow) comes from a special "finishing" attack that he does in SDT which is what he most likely uses when he has no other option but he does have bangle of time (time stop) and Quicksilver (time slow) which I'd imagine he doesn't mind using.

Since this is DMC5 Dante he is pretty serious, still has his quips and jokes but only when facing foes he 100% knows he can beat and because Dante can sense his enemies power he can probably tell how dangerous Nightmare is.
His senses aren't perfect though, even after fighting Urizen he proceeded to charge the guy with his DT and even comment that it was a bad move.

So Dante's Win/Con is Time Manipulation?

What proves that his mind resistance is strong enough to survive Inferno's? Also, destroying them from the inside out takes out the host, but Inferno is still there and his first deal will be to go for a mental attack. Also, simply being around Nightmare's energy can corrupt you and drive you mad.

I haven't really seen anything to suggest Dante can resist Inferno's mindhax other than he can stay in the demon world without being effected, however as I stated, Astral Chaos does the same thing and Siegfried resisted it, however Inferno is still able to attack Siegfried's mind.

Also, you guys say he resists these things without giving any potency.

Dante scale from Vergil that resisted a powerful demon when he was unlocking the seals for Temn-ni-gru, as well as from resisting the Beastheads effects, although I don't know if they are more powerful than Inferno's mindhax.

I mean, like you said, that doesn't seem comparable to Inferno at all who like I said mindhaxed a temple full of monks who train against evil powers like his and multiple people from Germany to India. How many people has the Demon or Beasthead affected at once?

We don't really get anything specific, trying to see if I can find something about Beastheads, but the other demon Vergil resisted the only thing we get is that a whole tribe may or may not have been affected.

Dragopentling said:
How potent is Nightmare's mindhax in terms of range and effect?
I've mentioned/explained it multiple times...

But, his mindhax could drive an entire temple of monks who train against evil powers mad. And with his Evil Seed, he was able to affect multiple people from Germany all the way to India. The Evil Seed is just an massive expansion of his power and being around his power can turn a person into a Malfested if they can't resist it well. And anyone who is corrupted by his power become free for him to control as the only reason Kilik resisted being controlled was due to a resistance and Xianghua.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Dragopentling said:
How potent is Nightmare's mindhax in terms of range and effect?
I've mentioned/explained it multiple times...
But, his mindhax could drive an entire temple of monks who train against evil powers mad. And with his Evil Seed, he was able to affect multiple people from Germany all the way to India. The Evil Seed is just an massive expansion of his power and being around his power can turn a person into a Malfested if they can't resist it well. And anyone who is corrupted by his power become free for him to control as the only reason Kilik resisted being controlled was due to a resistance and Xianghua.
Is the mindhax something of a passive nature, or something he actively does? If latter, does he do it early?

His mindhax in trying to get you to grab Soul Edge is thought based. His mindhax very constant exposure to his energy is something he actively does. I mean Nightmare by nature allows his energy to flow out in and out of battle. If the host is destroyed, Inferno will target Dante as a new host.

EnnardTrap1987 said:
Dante takes it. Nightmare is a demon, Dante is a demon hunter. The hunter is gonna slay him
Terrible logic.

Dante is a Demon Hunter, Daemo is a Demon. Is Dante gonna slay him? See the issue here?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
His mindhax in trying to get you to grab Soul Edge is thought based. His mindhax very constant exposure to his energy is something he actively does. I mean Nightmare by nature allows his energy to flow out in and out of battle. If the host is destroyed, Inferno will target Dante as a new host.
If the enemies that Dante has fought throughout the story don't at least have a comparable sort of mindhax or other go-to ability, in terms of potency and feats, then Nightmare likely takes this, unless Dante is shown to resist planet level mindrape.

Wow just woke up to see all these comments. Well let's see I counted five votes for Dante unless I missed one. Also FYI I might not be around much today so if I happen to not respond to count votes. Know that I'm celebrating a birthday today.

Bware1 said:
Wow just woke up to see all these comments. Well let's see I counted five votes for Dante unless I missed one. Also FYI I might not be around much today so if I happen to not respond to count votes. I'm celebrating a birthday today.
Hey, happy birthday! Don't worry about it, go ahead and have fun!

Dragopentling said:
Bware1 said:
Wow just woke up to see all these comments. Well let's see I counted five votes for Dante unless I missed one. Also FYI I might not be around much today so if I happen to not respond to count votes. I'm celebrating a birthday today.
Hey, happy birthday! Don't worry about it, go ahead and have fun!
Thank you

Before you say "Dante FRA" you should probably wait to see if said vote is legit. As of now, no one has detailed the demon's mind prowess.

Demons are naturally resistant to the effects of the demon world, Vergil resisted the mind attacks from the Seven Sins (Dante scales) meaning Dante can resist mind manipulation that can bypass mind manipulation resistance at least.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Soul Calibur has something similar in Astral Chaos in which causes insanity, corruption and causes weaker souls to simply no exist. Despite this, Soul Edge can still hold control over Siegfried (well the two more or less struggle for control as of SCVl) and attack his mind.
Although I do not understand how we treat dimensions that cause this certain mental effect feats on the site. If we go by more visible feats, well, like I mentioned, there is the whole sending an entire temple full of monks trained to combat evil energies into a killing frenzy all at once with Kilik needing a sacred mirror to protect him.
I mean, it goes back to this.

The number of people affected and range doesn't matter here because Nightmare isn't dealing with group of attacks and they're not starting that far from each other, relativily.

That's not how we treat mindhax here. '''The number of people you can mindhax at once''' is what determines your potency. That's why Star Wars characters and such are known for their very potent mindhax. This is also why questions like "how many people have they mindhaxed at once" are asked.

What? When did that start becoming a thing after the Star Wars revisions? I remember having a similar discussion awhile back and it was widely determined number of minds affected =/= potency and potency was determined by level of mind manipulation resistance bypassed or if you can mind manipulate a person with spilt personalities.Welp if that's the case then it can't be helped my vote goes to Nightmare if this isn't considered a mindhax stomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back