• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"I will show you, your worst Nightmare! I will give you despair, and....Death!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante sin devil trigger by yare yare dong dd26ew1
"A fight every now and then makes life a little more interesting...don't ya think?

Inferno nightmare
"My sins...can only be cleansed with blood!"

Rules: Both Combatants at Low 6-B
Speed is Equalized

Who wins and why?

Dante: 3

Nightmare: 3

Inconclusive
: 8

Pretty sure he would start off by trying to go for Dante's mind and soul with Soul Edge.

Not really sure on the specifics of Soul Manip from what I've read it's said to be High, though don't know about Mind Manip though. Assuming it should be at least mid, since Soul Edge was able to take over Siegfried's mind to become Nightmare.

Low 6-B Nightmare's IC is quite different from Original Timeline Nightmare. This Nightmare still goes after souls, but he's more of a "bash your brains in and deal soul damage" than "Watch This". Of course there is still Inferno shenanigans so take that how you will.

I am just mad someone beat me to this fight....

Well, for Nightmare/Inferno's mind hax, they caused an entire temple filled with Monks to go insane and start killing each other, not to mention the countless/unknown amount of people from Germany to India who were affected by the Evil Seed. So if Dante beats Nightmare's physical body (Siegfried), Inferno will likely successfully mindhax him unless he resists like planetary shit or like...more than a temple full of monks (although that doesn't seem to be the case).

I love how this Nightmare fight technically involves 3 different characters in one body lol.

Inferno's Mindhax is thought based. When Inferno appears he sends you to Astral Chaos where there is Madness Hax/Corruption involved.

So let's see

Dante has to defeat his physical body first, I don't know how likely that is.

But he's ****** against Inferno

From what I can tell how well the first scenario goes this is either a win or a stomp for Nightmare, but Dante's not winning

If he resist teleportation based BFR, then yeah, he should be fine. Although, the mind hax is still an issue.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Inferno's Mindhax is thought based. When Inferno appears he sends you to Astral Chaos where there is Madness Hax/Corruption involved.
So Inferno leads with this and of mindhax?

Inferno leads with BFR to Astral Chaos. However, his character as shown with Siegfried is to mindhax someone to grab Soul Edge and possess them, turning them into Nightmare. Of course this didn't happen in the Kilik vs Xianghua fight due to well....Soul Calibur being there. Although if Dante is around Soul Edge's power for too long, he could become a Malfested in which he can be mindhaxed even easier as shown with Kilik who Nightmare attempted to mindhax first thing due to him being partially corrupted.

Dante stomped Void Mundus, who's basically a...Void, non corporeal beings are not safe from pizza man

Also, DMC5 Dante doesn't hold back Sin Devil Trigger, and in this form he usually Time Slows and destroys his enemies from inside

His Mind resistance is from scalling him from Vergil, who can easily resist Illusions that make normal people go crazy, and also from resisting Mind Manipulation from other demons. Also, in DMC5 it is stated that the Devil Sword Sparda can only be used by people of strong body and mind

Yes, Vergil resisted the illusion from Arkham in DMC3, but it was corrupting illusions from Mundus that turned him into Nelo Angelo, so it seems to be hit and miss for his resistance to that. Also, isn't Sin Devil Trigger's ability to destroy people from the inside based on their demon power or something? I don't know if the same rules apply to Inferno or Nightmare

I mean, the issue is whether that matches Inferno's potency as at that Inferno has mindhaxed an entire temple of monks who train against evil powers and caused them all to go insane and kill each other.

Also, destroying Nightmare's Host works, but that doesn't save him from Inferno's mindhax right afterward.

Sorvoe551 said:
Yes, Vergil resisted the illusion from Arkham in DMC3, but it was corrupting illusions from Mundus that turned him into Nelo Angelo, so it seems to be hit and miss for his resistance to that. Also, isn't Sin Devil Trigger's ability to destroy people from the inside based on their demon power or something? I don't know if the same rules apply to Inferno or Nightmare
Which is a feat for Mundus and his illusions being stronger, not an anti feat for Vergil's illusion resistance.

Nightmare, despite being as haxed as he is, and even in verse having a more powerful sword, loses to Siegfried, does this mean Nightmare is shit? Or that Siegfried was really strong?

Same case here.

The Demon World naturally causes insanity,nausea,weakness to humans in DMC and Dante playing human for so long caused him to become extremely suceptible to it (During DMC volume 1) but sometime in between DMC volume 1 and 2 he became extremely resistant to it.Dunno if Nightmare can do something similar to that but It's worth mentioning.

Soul Calibur has something similar in Astral Chaos in which causes insanity, corruption and causes weaker souls to simply no exist. Despite this, Soul Edge can still hold control over Siegfried (well the two more or less struggle for control as of SCVl) and attack his mind.

Although I do not understand how we treat dimensions that cause this certain mental effect feats on the site. If we go by more visible feats, well, like I mentioned, there is the whole sending an entire temple full of monks trained to combat evil energies into a killing frenzy all at once with Kilik needing a sacred mirror to protect him.

There are a lot of Ifs and Buts to this match tbh......

Anyway, Dante's internal strike can probably one shot Nightmare at the start, but from that point who knows what

@Tony

My point was to show the flip flop of his illusion resistance, I haven't read the manga, I just know he resisted one illusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back