• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"I will show you, your worst Nightmare! I will give you despair, and....Death!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
That conclusion was never once reached though.

The people who disagreed with it were in the minority and even got debunked on what constituted stronger mindhax.

Schnee, what conclusion and which one got debunked? Not 100% familar with the discussion and just dropped in a little.

Dienomite22 said:
I remember having a similar discussion awhile back and it was widely determined number of minds affected =/= potency and potency was determined by level of mind manipulation resistance bypassed or if you can mind manipulate a person with spilt personalities.

Killing Inferno before he mindhaxes.

Which is perfectly plausible when time is slowed and he can attack internal organs.

I have a response I'm going to type in a bit explaining why Dante wins.

Inferno has no internal organs though...Also, this assumes Dante keeps time slowed after blowing up the host.

I mean, it should still work on Infero since even without organs getting swords coming out of you from in the inside is pretty lethal.

Honestly, it comes down to what happens after the host is defeated.

Once again, this assumes Dante keeps time slowed after the host body is destroyed. Inferno does not have to actually appear in order to mindhax you in the first place.

See Siegfried

Anyway

AP and Dura is around the same.

In terms of who wins in the beginning fight, while Nightmare is the better fighter (IMO) Dante is much more versatile and pretty much all the previous reasons cover that. Time Slow and SDT alongside internal attacks means he can quickly dispatch nightmare with an internal strike.

The second part of the fight is the part that's most deadly for Dante. Inferno can easily simply think Dante into being a slave or whatever happens afterwards.

Issue is like Dragon brought up, while Mindhax is in character and probably his second move......Its his second move after Astral BFR which Dante resists.

So from there, it all depends on what Dante uses when Inferno pops out.

Does he keep time slowed? very, he can sense the presence of Demons just fine and he can easily tell he's not done after Nightmare is dead.

Will he do an internal strike? Also very possible possible

Will he try anything else? Maybe, and if he does he's screwed.

So what am I saying here?

It all depends on what Dante leads with after the second half of the fight. I think he beats Nightmare in the first half, but its a complete tossup from there

Oh Im sorry did I say why Dante wins?

Nope, its a simple https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t348e24vDyA

Incon

No, Inferno is the will, if the sword is destroyed, he just can't manifest in the real world (Assuming the shards are scattered all over the place). But he can still use his mental abilities via the shards. His power is still mostly channeled through Nightmare in which case, they are one in the same. So it assumes Dante goes after the sword and not the knight who is emitting the same energy. And this of course assumes Dante doesn't have much exposure to his evil energies beforehand.

I ask because if Dante tries to use an internal teleport strike against the evil energy in front of him, he may attack both the sword and Nightmare as well

But that seems like reaching

If that happens, then it becomes anthing of if Dante shatters Soul Edge and makes the shards scatter, otherwise the sword will reform from his shards. (Note, this Nightmare is only at half power and only has half of Soul Edge's composition, so he can likely reform without all his shards, just a majority. But that is stretching)

Alright Nightmare's votes dropped back down to three and now we've got 7 inconclusives.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Y'know the best part of this?
Dante was originally planned to be in Soul Calibur ll. (Fun Fact)

We need Dante for SCVl DLC lol.
Wait really? I'm guessing he was gonna be the why did they make the change to Heihachi Mishima?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back