• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I think Jiren is missing a couple resistances.

Not in dragon ball, if you are stronger than someone you are stronger than their hax. It's disingenuous to say that belmold would not have tired fighting jiren with his hakia energy. Also jiren wouldn't be able to casually one shot belmold. If he can he would time to power up to that level and during that time belmold would put up his hakia aura.

Planck69 said:
Whis states that there exists a mortal even a GoD can't beat. Said mortal is Jiren. Personally, I feel that Whis would have factored in Hakai when making that statement so him having possible resistance to EE wouldn't be too far-fetched. But I agree that other "hax" from weaker characters shouldn't be used to justify resistances at all.
Rewatched clips from ToP and yeah, you're right. A possible EE resistance seems fine.

@DTG499 that's certainly not a general rule in Dragon Ball. In fact, the only hax I can think of that won't work on stronger beings in DB are Hit's time skip and arguably hakai (although no one has a feat of resisting full powered hakai afaik - Toppo held back due to not being allowed to kill, Sidra only gave some of his hakai energy to a fodder).

He wouldn't be holding his hakia back against Ki explosions like the one that finished Toppo off.

I don't mind adding an EE Resistance for Jiren.

Regarding the other resistances though, are they still in debate or have they been agreed/disagreed upon?

I think that would be a staff discussion over how dragon ball scales AP to hax resistance and how they deal with that going forward.

Imagine if DB characters began to resist hax based on AP lol Heroes would be the top 2-Bs on the site. But anyways I think this contradicts because Guldo could of froze Vegeta and Babidi's Mind Hax did work on Dabura, though he was far more evil than Vegeta and Buu did technically transmutate Vegito still even though Vegito was far more powerful than Buu and could still fight.

That's a discussion I think the staff need to have, DB is a clear break of the AP does not equal ability resistance rule.

We had that discussion but it didn't go anywhere. Regarding the OP, I'd say it makes no sense for Jiren to get hakai'd by Toppo. Even OBD has given soul resistance to several characters because it's blatant.

But as T'Challa would say: "We don't do that here." Unless it is shown on screen, characters don't get resistances. That's kind of what we do.

AKM sama said:
We had that discussion but it didn't go anywhere. Regarding the OP, I'd say it makes no sense for Jiren to get hakai'd by Toppo. Even OBD has given soul resistance to several characters because it's blatant.

But as T'Challa would say: "We don't do that here." Unless it is shown on screen, characters don't get resistances. That's kind of what we do.
I thought we could do so when it's makes sense within the context of the verse.

Actually it would be immeasurable speed and not infinte since Hit's time skip moves himself through time. Another thing that is interesting is in the English dub King kai mentions how Goku forced himself into the future for a advantage and Goku agrees. I dont think the sub mentions this though.

Immeasurable speed is granted through being able move instantly though out the past present and future. Hits time skip does not send him forward in time, the DBS dub takes a lot of liberties from the official translation. It essentially just takes time away and stores it so during that "skipped" time everything is frozen to hit, functionally the same thing as time stop.

DTG499 said:
@aka Sama what about statements explicitly saying such resistance occurred.
Yeah, clear statement saying that someone resisted something is obviously fine.

Alright so you do you not consider the statement of jiren being stronger than Belmold a clear case for EE resistance?

Nope. Just because Belmod can't defeat Jiren in a fight doesn't mean he would use hakai on him, it's not like Belmod ever wanted to kill Jiren. If that statement just replaced the word "defeat" with "kill" then it would've been quite clear.

so Jiren wouldn't just "overpower" the hakai for the same reason Base Goku who is at least thounsands of times weaker did?

AKM sama said:
Nope. Just because Belmod can't defeat Jiren in a fight doesn't mean he would use hakai on him, it's not like Belmod ever wanted to kill Jiren. If that statement just replaced the word "defeat" with "kill" then it would've been quite clear.
I mean as Toppo showed you can hold back your hakia to stop it from erasing your opponent.

Again, I'm not saying it would work on Jiren. I just said that's not what we do here. It's more about the rules of the site.

Back