• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dio's pretty smart, if he sees a human with all that shit trying to kill him at a distance he cant get up and close to in time before the opponent sets things off, he may just SRSE to be safe so they cant retaliate like he did with Jonathan.

Also Dio blitzes, the dude can move at double digit mach speeds, at least for short bursts.

This is so close to a stomp it's not even funny.

Granted, so are 90% of CH's wins.

And losses.

Is it though? If Dio has prior knowledge he can at least end it in a tie with SRSE. He only has to move his head like an inch to create a half km arc.

And if neither have prior knowledge, he may just do it anyway given the distance.

>nothing in OP says CH can't get in a plane and fly away while DIO gets nuked

He literally does say no nukes.

And CH starts on the ground at a certain distance per SBA.

Chariot190 said:
He literally does say no nukes.

And CH starts on the ground at a certain distance per SBA.
Sorry, not nukes, now let me search through the plethora of UV radiation...

Also, SBA doesn't account for prep time.

Yes and? SRSE makes it a draw regardless of UV radiation.

I guess in that case Dio having prep time and prior knowledge just doesnt show up too. You see how stupid that sounds?

Chariot190 said:
I guess in that case Dio having prep time and prior knowledge just doesnt show up too. You see how stupid that sounds?
DIO had prep time against the Crusaders and against Jonathan, he just dicked around and killed women for months on end.

Moritzva said:
Chariot190 said:
DIO had prep time against the Crusaders and against Jonathan, he just dicked around and killed women for months on end.
Remember, Part 3 DIO is more relaxed and laid back, meanwhile Part 1 Dio is more aggresive. So it isn't very fair to compare them

>DIO had prep time against the Crusaders and against Jonathan, he just dicked around and killed women for months on end.

He used that time doing other things like researching heaven, searching for a friend to help him obtain his ultimate power plus many other things. He wasnt dicking around (well he did screw a handful of chicks but that wasnt all he was doing), he just was doing other things that eventually did result in the death of his main enemy. And he wasnt trying to make ten thousand zombies to kill an opponent that he has prior information on, he was trying to rule the world of not zombies and obtain heaven.

Part 1 DIO... also sorta just dicked around in a mansion for a few days until Jonathan found him.

Chariot190 said:
>DIO had prep time against the Crusaders and against Jonathan, he just dicked around and killed women for months on end.
He used that time doing other things like researching heaven, searching for a friend to help him obtain his ultimate power plus many other things. He wasnt dicking around (well he did screw a handful of chicks but that wasnt all he was doing), he just was doing other things that eventually did result in the death of his main enemy. And he wasnt trying to make ten thousand zombies to kill an opponent that he has prior information on, he was trying to rule the world of not zombies and obtain heaven.
Yea, but he didn't really do all that much about killing the Crusaders.

Which is kinda the point here, since DIO is far, far less likely to abuse prep time to beat CH.

Moritzva said:
Part 1 DIO... also sorta just dicked around in a mansion for a few days until Jonathan found him.
What? He trained for two weeks when he found out about hamon, the anime cut that scene (among others) out but in the manga Wang tried attacking Jonathan while training, found out about hamon, told Dio, Dio then trained for two weeks to counter hamon (how he created the vaporizing freeze), test his powers and make zombies.

>Yea, but he didn't really do all that much about killing the Crusaders. Which is kinda the point here, since DIO is far, far less likely to abuse prep time to beat CH.

Yeah he only sent like 20 highly trained assasins to kill them, gathered 9 of the most skilled stand users from around the world he could find to try and kill them all after his first wave failed, and sent absolute busted as **** stand users to chase them down. And in the end he killed almost half that way. He abused the shit out of the fact he had time, he sent a small army after them. Also DIO=/=Dio.

What? He trained for two weeks when he found out about hamon, the anime cut that scene (among others) out but in the manga Wang tried attacking Jonathan while training, found out about hamon, told Dio, Dio then trained for two weeks to counter hamon (how he created the vaporizing freeze), test his powers and make zombies.

>Yea, but he didn't really do all that much about killing the Crusaders. Which is kinda the point here, since DIO is far, far less likely to abuse prep time to beat CH.

Yeah he only sent like 20 highly trained assasins to kill them, gathered 9 of the most skilled stand users from around the world he could find to try and kill them all after his first wave failed, and sent absolute busted as **** stand users to chase them down. And in the end he killed almost half that way. He abused the shit out of the fact he had time, he sent a small army after them. Also DIO=/=Dio.

So let's see.

In Part 1, he had Tarkus and that other guy fight them alone while he did who-knows-what. Them, he went into a mansion, made a man-dog, and killed some ladies.

In Part 3, he sat in a mansion for like, months straight, instead repeatedly relying on assassins who were failing again, and again, and again, and again (Literally none of them were successful except Vanilla Ice and potentially the one guy who temporarily hospitalized Kakyoin).

All the while he was in said mansion killing ladies and stuff, since of course he was.

He is not a prep time genius.

>In Part 1, he had Tarkus and that other guy fight them alone while he did who-knows-what. Them, he went into a mansion, made a man-dog, and killed some ladies.

You forgot where he trained for 2 weeks, created entire powers to hard counter his opponent, created an army, set up a base of operations, found and created two death knights that succeeded in killing half of his opposition on top of hypnotizing a kid to lure his enemies into a trap with a horde of zombies plus said death knights, made a man-dog to test out his biological powers (which allowed him to know that he could surgically reattack body parts, allowing him to eventually take Jonathan's body) and after setting two dark knights he converted an entire village almost into his army within like less then an hour and he believed Jonathan and Will to be of killed by Tarkus and Bruford (as eveidenced by him scowling and saying So you survived? when Jonathan kicked down his door) and the time between tarkus and going to Dio's place was very short, both happened within the same evening. So even saying he did nothing in that time is wrong, that's when he made like a hundred or so zombies so that who-knows-what we know, it was making zombies. If I recall Speedwagon guestimated that by morning a chunk of london would be transformed if not prevented.

>In Part 3, he sat in a mansion for like, months straight, instead repeatedly relying on assassins who were failing again, and again, and again, and again (Literally none of them were successful except Vanilla Ice and potentially the one guy who temporarily hospitalized Kakyoin).

Less then two months actually, and he didnt sit in a mansion doing nothing he was trying to find heaven and couldnt leave egypt, he sent out a total of 28~ assasins, which killed Abdul, crippled Kak, killed Abdul again plus Iggy. It doesnt matter if they were succesful, point is he used his time to send almost 30 powerful killers after his opponents most of which heavily damaged and almost killed and a few crippiling characters and even killed a few.

>All the while he was in said mansion killing ladies and stuff, since of course he was.

Yeah he was, plus doing other things like doing extensive research on how to obtain heaven.

>He is not a prep time genius.

If he did what he did to the Crusaders to CH, CH would be hard ****** being stealth killed by long range invisible punching ghosts, things that he cant sense or see, literal minature suns, etc. It aint Dio's fault that his assasins got screwed and Jotaro was fated and pre-ordained to be succesful and end up killing Dio no matter what was thrown at him. Like what did you expect Dio to other send close to 30 killers that had prior information against a foe while having multiple things screw with them along the way like crashing planes, planting bombs, so on and so forth, while he himself trained his Stand and researched his true goal? Go there himself? He couldnt leave egypt.

Also what? He doesnt need to be a prep time genius, what he usually does would be useful enough.

Also you forget, he knew what his opponents could do. He could and did essentially stomp the crusaders, Jotaro just went nah.

And in Part 1 he took the time to counter his opponents when he knew what the opponent could do as well.

He knows what his opponent can do here too, he should be cautious and try and prevent the danger and think up of counter like he did in canon.

So tell me, then. Since all of your listed preparations he made? They all failed. Horrifically. He has one day to prepare for combat, and not once has he shown feats of, say, nuking CH from afar, or using cheap tactics such as not showing up and sniping. DIO is a very forwards person. He sits in his room, flexes his powers a bit, sends some assassins, then gets murdered.

They all failed? Yeah so? He still did them and some of them didnt fail, he actually killed around half of his opposition each time he did prep.

>nuking CH from afar

Actually the bomb and explosion strategy was employed twice if I recall.

>using cheapt tatics and now showing up and sniping.

Literally what he did for all of Part 3, had others do it for him while he stayed far away, in fact he sent out killers the exact moment Jotaro learned of his Stand before they even got off the ground.

>He sits in his room, flexes his powers a bit, sends some assassins, then gets murdered.

He does heavy research into his true goal and expands his influece across the planet, trains and tests his powers out, sends close to 30 skilled and powerful stand users that succeeded in killing multiple foes and crippling a few, the gets killed because his prior knowledge was wrong and Jotaro can stop time and was fated to win no matter what Dio did.

One day is enough to convert hundreds of thousands of zombies.

Listentomyrhytm said:
friendly reminder this is part 1 Dio
I'm aware, he keeps using Part 3 examples though so I'm doing so too as he still continued to do so even after I pointed out DIO=/=Dio.

SpookyShadow said:
This is Part 1 Dio, not DIO </div> When I say DIO, or Dio, or Dio With The World, I'm referring to the same character. When I'm addressing specific differences, I address them specifically.

As well, I've used details and evidence from both.

Coincidentally, DIO (part 3) would be a much fairer match. But also tougher.

Part 3 Dio would just time stop first thing, not really fair.

Moritzva said:
SpookyShadow said:
This is Part 1 Dio, not DIO </div> When I say DIO, or Dio, or Dio With The World, I'm referring to the same character. When I'm addressing specific differences, I address them specifically.

As well, I've used details and evidence from both.

Coincidentally, DIO (part 3) would be a much fairer match. But also tougher. </div>
"ho ho, is this human approaching m- wait, are those UV lights? fuckkkkk" (timestops and instakills him)

He has prior knowledge. I'm pretty sure that if Dio knew what he was capable of in the first place he'd cut his losses short and try to instakill, he wouldnt screw around.

Yeah, P3 Dio would probably just send stand users after him, and when the prep time ran out, just hide out in his mansion and ohko him the second he saw him.

EDIT: Hmm. Y'know, I wonder how many of the stand users CH could defeat without prep time. Might make a fun and games thread about it.

Probably not a lot without prep time, most blitz or straight up overpower and kill with their Stands (plus have large range like rhcp or geb). There's a few yeah but those users tend to have specific conditions there Stand can only be used in, Blackmoore without rain or Mannish Boy in the waking world are two easy examples that while normally kinda op can be stomped without a set condition.

The Lock is probably a Stand that could be defeated normally though, I was gonna say Surface, but it'd be CH vs. CH except the normal CH can be voodoo'd magic. Oh Survivor's user too and the Stand can be stomped, in fact it'd amp CH even further.

Oh with speed equalized and knowledge, maybe the ability to see stands or mista's 8-C handgun, that's why I said fun and games lol

Also Surface would definitely be beatable since Hamada doesn't really use it to its full potential

Back