• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Even more stranger things revisions

Gonna be honest i'm not gonna read the 30 previous CRT's that have been made to this verse apparently so if this whole thing was in vein because of something I missed in one of those then that's just... great.

Jim Hopper

"Fought and killed a fully matured Demogorgon"

Yeah, with a sword. And also it had been shot and burned previously, with fire being like, the thing's only freaking weakness.

Steve Harrington

"Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant (Has shown decent skill in fist fights, being able to take on Johnathan and a Soviet Soldier)"

Johnathan is just some guy. The dude is a loner and doesn't even practice like, a contact sport or something. Not to mention that Steve got his shit rocked by him. The soviet soldier he defeated? He was throwing Steve around until Steve gets one sneaky hit in and then proceeds to KO him with a phone. I don't think you have to be skilled in fighting to hit someone over the head with a phone. Steve's previous track record with fist fights also doesn't support him in this regard, as it's even acknowledged in-universe that he doesn't win a fight until Season 3.

"Weapon Mastery (Incredibly skilled with his bat)"

He just uses a bat like anyone else would. You wind up and you hit stuff with it and that's really all you have to do to deal some real damage. If he was doing stuff like this then sure, but dude's just swinging normally. Those little spins he does? They're really just flair and don't add anything to his actual fighting style. If we gave him Weapon Mastery just for that then it'd be like assuming that anyone who can spin a revolver is automatically a good shot.

"Vehicular Mastery"

The guy just owns a car lmfao

"High Pain Tolerance (Can still fight after brutal beatings from Soviet Officers and Billy)"

He can't. Billy knocks him out and and this sure doesn't count as fighting. It's barely cut from this clip here but literally at the start he's talking about how he feels like his eye is about to pop or something. If he actually had pain tolerance, he wouldn't.

"Can tank punches from Johnathan, who can break a cops nose with a backhand"

Ehhhh. Only evidence of Johnathan actually breaking that cop's nose is the cop yelling "my nose!" when he gets hit, and iirc when he appears later in the show his nose is intact. Also like, if you get hit in the nose, that shit hurts man. Don't think Johnathan actually broke the guys nose that just sounds like he hit him in the nose and that was it.

"Stamina: Peak human (Withstood torturous interrogation by the Soviets in Starcourt Mall)"

I mean, this just looks like him taking a beating. What is he supposed to do? Just faint after two hits? I'm pulling this out of my ass btw but torture is surely also designed to keep the subject concious for the most amount of time, otherwise if you were knocking them out every two minutes it'd be a pretty huge waste of time.

Nancy Wheeler

"Standard Equipment: Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle"

All of these should be optional equipment, she obviously doesn't have them on her person at all times. Yes I'm being pedantic, who gives a shit.

Dustin Henderson

High Pain Tolerance (Could walk a great distance after breaking his leg)

That's stamina, he was clearly still feeling the pain.

Max Mayfield

"Vehicular Mastery (Was taught by her father at a young age how to drive, and is capable of driving vehicles proficiently under high pressure. Is an incredibly skilled skateboarder)"

"...proficiently..."

"...proficiently..."

Vehicular Mastery is when you run over a mailbox. Skateboard stuff is fine though.

Last edited:
Gonna be honest i'm not gonna read the 30 previous CRT's that have been made to this verse apparently so if this whole thing was in vein because of something I missed in one of those then that's just... great.

Jim Hopper

The 9-B rating on him is kinda stinky imo here's why

Yeah, with a sword. And also it had been shot and burned previously, with fire being like, the thing's only freaking weakness.

"Scalable to Grigori, who could break a man's neck by crushing it."

The linked calc states that the feat is Street Level+, and even then that's a high-ball as it's assuming that the largest vertebrae is being broken. It's also worth mentioning that it took Grigori a fair amount of time to do so, unlike the-

wait ****

this is referring to the compressive strength part isn't it? Because that actually is 9-B. Shit. I literally just noticed this. Awesome. We should still clarify all the shit I said about him killing a Demogorgon tho

istg i didn't plan this lmao
I dont get why you still wrote the last part if you knew it was wrong, but agree with the first part although i think he fought other dermogorgon he might have other instances but he should be above the smaller dermogorgons
Steve Harrington

"Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant (Has shown decent skill in fist fights, being able to take on Johnathan and a Soviet Soldier)"

Johnathan is just some guy. The dude is a loner and doesn't even practice like, a contact sport or something. Not to mention that Steve got his shit rocked by him. The soviet soldier he defeated? He was throwing Steve around until Steve gets one sneaky hit in and then proceeds to KO him with a phone. I don't think you have to be skilled in fighting to hit someone over the head with a phone. Steve's previous track record with fist fights also doesn't support him in this regard, as it's even acknowledged in-universe that he doesn't win a fight until Season 3.

"Weapon Mastery (Incredibly skilled with his bat)"

He just uses a bat like anyone else would. You wind up and you hit stuff with it and that's really all you have to do to deal some real damage. If he was doing stuff like this then sure, but dude's just swinging normally. Those little spins he does? They're really just flair and don't add anything to his actual fighting style. If we gave him Weapon Mastery just for that then it'd be like assuming that anyone who can spin a revolver is automatically a good shot.

"Vehicular Mastery"

The guy just owns a car lmfao

"High Pain Tolerance (Can still fight after brutal beatings from Soviet Officers and Billy)"

He can't. Billy knocks him out and and this sure doesn't count as fighting. It's barely cut from this clip here but literally at the start he's talking about how he feels like his eye is about to pop or something. If he actually had pain tolerance, he wouldn't.
Ya i have noticed and the staff too people are giving those off based on anything, for me you could just take that out.

Ehhhh. Only evidence of Johnathan actually breaking that cop's nose is the cop yelling "my nose!" when he gets hit, and iirc when he appears later in the show his nose is intact. Also like, if you get hit in the nose, that shit hurts man. Don't think Johnathan actually broke the guys nose that just sounds like he hit him in the nose and that was it.
That part not sure arguably, neutral on that.
"Stamina: Peak human (Withstood torturous interrogation by the Soviets in Starcourt Mall)"

I mean, this just looks like him taking a beating. What is he supposed to do? Just faint after two hits? I'm pulling this out of my ass btw but torture is surely also designed to keep the subject concious for the most amount of time, otherwise if you were knocking them out every two minutes it'd be a pretty huge waste of time.
I think this should be at best above average not really peak human, but for me seems fine to keep the torture
Nancy Wheeler

"Standard Equipment: Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle"

All of these should be optional equipment, she obviously doesn't have them on her person at all times. Yes I'm being pedantic, who gives a shit.
She started to like the shotgun, it makes no difference.
Dustin Henderson

High Pain Tolerance (Could walk a great distance after breaking his leg)

That's stamina, he was clearly still feeling the pain.
Again same thing as before they keep giving states based on nothing
Max Mayfield

"Vehicular Mastery (Was taught by her father at a young age how to drive, and is capable of driving vehicles proficiently under high pressure. Is an incredibly skilled skateboarder)"

"...proficiently..."

"...proficiently..."

Vehicular Mastery is when you run over a mailbox. Skateboard stuff is fine though.
Ya same as before i saw staff saying they would change marcial arts to unarmed hand to hand combat because the way the people are using it it doesnt mean nothing anymore, the same would be usable for all this stuff.

As the person who wrote the past 30 revisions, I think I should give my opinion on some things
Jim Hopper

That's what we call downscaling. He faught against and harmed a weaker Demogorgon, so he would downscale from the Demogorgon's feats. There are also feats of him fighting against Demodogs, who were the ones that actually preformed the knocking down a steel door feat, so he would still scale to the demodogs knocking down the steel door
Steve Harrington

I personally think being able to hold your own in a fight against a trained soldier would be a showing of some form of skill, but I do entirely get the Johnathan arguement

I put that in because back then, I thought that meant that you were good at fighting through pain. Like, the character could still feel all of the pain, but could keep fighting. Obviously, I was wrong back then, that's stamina, and high pain tolerance should be removed

iirc his nose was broken, but I wasn't able to find any clips of the cops nose after the hit, so this would just be a "he did break it" "no he didn't" debate

Even without the nose breaking arguement, Steve is still Street level. He can give Billy a nosebleed, who "works out like a maniac", knocked out a soviet soldier with a single hit using some weird looking phone, and harmed Johnathan, who got up pretty much instantly after being slammed into a bookshelf hard enough to break it and getting launched across rooms. He can also rip the Demobats in half, who could survive several stabs from spears and several overhead swings from an ore with pretty much no damage. Steve can also tank hits from the Demobats, who can easily shatter windows and cause damage to doors, with Dustin saying that the demobats were going to break through the door

So the nose breaking feat is debatable, but Steve is still Street level

And afterwards, he was still capable of walking, talking, fighting, and escaping the soviet lab while still in pain. Now, the drugs nullified the pain a bit, but not by that much, as the soviets immedietly tried to rip out Steve's fingernail. If the drug was really that efficent at getting rid of pain, why did they give it to the both of them before tourturing them again? That's either bad writing, the soviets were being stupid, or the drug didn't really do all that much for how much pain they were feeling

He could also still walk several miles and fight several demobats after getting strangled, bit, and tackled by a group of demobats, so he clearly has pretty decent stamina
Max Mayfield

"...proficiently..."

"...proficiently..."

She's still a better driver than me
Also I think her skateboard should be under standard/optional equipment

I don't really have anything else to say other than that this calc still needs to be looked at and could possibly change the power level of the higher tiers like Eleven and Vecna

Back