• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I had an idea (Buggy the Clown vs Ryomen Sukuna) [0-8-0]

The_Pink_God

She/Her
SBA
2/3 Fingers Sukuna vs East Blue Saga Buggy
Speed Equal

Vs

Sukuna wins. Though they're pretty even in stats, speed equal means that Sukunas slashes move too fast to dodge/react to, so Buggy would be getting cut up regardless of his own ability. Even if that doesn't work he still has Malevolent Shrine.

it says so in his p&a as well as at the bottom of the page where it describes his fruit

I see two ways Sukuna wins this.

Sukuna cuts his body to pieces, takes his head and crushes it after seeing he won't die by the cuts alone or digs his claws into his skull killing him that way.

Sukuna cuts his head off, takes it and throws it far away or just takes it far away from the body parts and that should cancel the ability unless I'm misunderstanding it "If a part goes any further from the cutoff point, he loses all control of that part. This includes levitation and the user consciously using that body part altogether. This distance is a 200 Bara Bara diameter circle around the point where the person touches the ground, for Buggy to be able to levitate any of his body parts, his feet must be on the ground as they are the only body parts of the user that can't levitate"

Oliver_de_jesus

I'm talking about references, those just link to body control and resistance pages. Something from the manga saying it so I know the context.

I'll be voting off Sukuna's ability to target the soul here, and or as I mentioned above just move the body parts far away from each other.

I don't see any reason to assume the "moving body's apart" strategy would even work. For several reasons.

1. Buggy maintains full control of his body when separated. Any body part can freely levitate and fly within its range, outside his feet. Meaning...he wouldn't just let Sukuna grab him in the first place.

2. Buggy's lifting strength is so much higher than Sukuna's that it would likely be extremely difficult to move him against his will.

3. Sukuna without prior knowledge, wouldn't even be aware of that particular weakness of Buggy's fruit.

giphy.gif

This key of Buggy doesn't have access to the Muggy Ball, which pretty heavily hampers his ability to kill Sukuna here. Sukuna RCT should be able to heal from Buggy stabbing him, based on his profile.

And while CLEAVE would do nothing, Sukuna still has access to his Fire Arrow, which would heavily scorch any body part it hits. This, combined with Sukuna doubtlessly being a more intelligent fighter, means I'm leaning towards him either beating Buggy in a straight-up fight, or discovering that Buggy's feet can't float and just exploiting that.

I always thought this was one of those "Always had it, never gained it" type of thing because of how the profile is :V

I always thought this was one of those "Always had it, never gained it" type of thing because of how the profile is :V
I mean maybe? He never showed it before Marineford, so I’m not sure if it applies.

Truthfully, I don’t think he strictly needs fire arrow here. Since Buggy doesn’t resist cursed energy. Without any resistance to it, any injury Sukuna deals to him should curse him, which would be pretty crippling to Buggy based on the cursed energy page.

• Pain Manipulation & Curse Manipulation(Injuries with cursed energy cause people to be automatically cursed, this creates severe consequences for normal beings, such as extreme pain, weakening of the body, becoming ill, and eventually death. Anyone who is not a sorcerer has 0 tolerance to cursed energy[12])

But it isn't Haki, it's sheer willpower
Haki is only mastered by those who have a clear domain of their own internal energy and will. Because of Buggy never showed Haki we should not assume that he scales to characters who can resist soul/mental hax with will alone. Whoever added this to Buggy's profile certainly did it with the wrong understanding.

Sukuna can just beat Buggy up hand to hand and thanks to RCT any surprise attacks Buggy lands with his knifes isn't gonna matter. Also it's possible Sukuna has access to fuga even in his 3 finger state and could just burn Buggy to a crisp, but lets put that aside for now

Buggy is immune to a large portion of Sukuna's arsenal while Sukuna isn't immune to Buggy so Buggy has an advantage. Fuga presents a major issue and Sukuna can just punch the shit out of him if things get too rough on top of regeneration. Voting Sukuna.

There's not really any context you need here honestly. Buggy is flatly immune to any attempt to slice him. Which works even if he is cut into tiny ribbons. Any cutting attack will just pass cleanly through his body and do no actual damage.
Out of curiosity, is there any upper limit to this? Because being "cut to ribbons" as shown in this feat is far from the size Sukuna cuts things down to. His Domain can cut things down to small dust particles. And even a regular singular Dismantle can cut someone into tiny meat cubes. Both if which seem greater than the extents they were cut to in these particular scans.

Not gonna make any bold claims, just wanna see if there's no upper-limit to this ability at all or not.

Out of curiosity, is there any upper limit to this? Because being "cut to ribbons" as shown in this feat is far from the size Sukuna cuts things down to. His Domain can cut things down to small dust particles. And even a regular singular Dismantle can cut someone into tiny meat cubes. Both if which seem greater than the extents they were cut to in these particular scans.

Not gonna make any bold claims, just wanna see if there's no upper-limit to this ability at all or not.
If you look at the image you can see that Buggy's fingers were cut to smaller pieces than the cubes.

Sukuna uses his slashes if that shit doesn't work he would spam Fuga and ends the game. Buddy ain't doing much because of RCT Sukuna has.

Overall Voting Sukuna.

Fair enough. Have they survived being cut into dust particles?
No, he didn't need to do that since people can just punch, freeze him etc. But I don't think he needs that. MS is not instant iirc. It is continuous attacks. Can't Buggy just constantly put himself back together?

No, he didn't need to do that since people can just punch, freeze him etc. But I don't think he needs that. MS is not instant iirc. It is continuous attacks. Can't Buggy just constantly put himself back together?
I mean, it can reduce people to particles faster than they can react. It happens pretty fast. They're getting hit with like millions or billions of cuts a second. If you go by the anime, Mahoraga (Who had started adapting to Sukuna's cuts) was reduced to red mist (Literally, not figuratively), and even the red mist started getting chopped up into invisible specks mid-leap while he was only a couple feet away from Sukuna. It's continuous, and rapid. Very rapid.

There's no explicit or implicit upper limit. Considering how his devil fruit just passively splits him apart whenever he's cut, and has so against attacks far faster then Buggy himself, I doubt he'd suddenly start taking damage, even if misted, as long as it was solely from the cutting force.

Not that it particularly matters imo, Sukuna has better wincons then slicing the person immune to slicing attacks👽.

Last edited:
Back