• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I FINALLY CAN GET TO DO THIS MATCH-UP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruby and Yang effortlessly one shot characters stronger then Killua and Gon

Stomperino

and it was decided that they shouldn't scale beacuse of the notable difficulty the entire team, qrow included, was having against it

hence why they backscale

Theyre far above 18 tone, they're currently on the level of huntsman who are stronger than characters who can oneshot characters who stomp 18 tons

What even

88 megatons is 4x, which isn't enough for a stomp

Ruby is explicitly much weaker than an 88 megaton character and could only stagger it

But Ruby one-shots

What kind of logic is this? Ruby would need to be a low-end 8-A to one-shot here. Ruby isn't even on the upper half of 8-B.

@Dargoo Then thats the scaling chain because Ruby = Qrow = Raven > Vernal Who oneshot the Arma Gigas which stomped the Queen Lanccer which was undamaged by 18 tons

WeeklyBattles said:
Cool so Ruby and Yang still stomp via their scaling chai
You can't simultaneously be lower than a 88 megaton character but be within stomping range of a 22 megaton character.

Yes

Stomp = killing it in a few hits

The Arma Gigas did not oneshot it

The Queen Lancer didnt have any prior damage and it was undamaged by 18 tons

Don't RWBY 8-Bs one shot grimm who can take a 18 ton attack without any damage?

Aren't HxH 8-B only baseline, which is 11 tons?

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes
Stomp = killing it in a few hits
Pulling out the dictionary on this one:

"A Stomp ... is when one character is immediately able to win against another"

Taking a solid number of hits wouldn't fall under that definition.

Yes, it would, the Arma Gigas immediately won

A stomp and a oneshot are two different things. The Arma Gigas stomped the Queen Lancer

This has been used for quite literally years now.

It didn't immediately win, though. Again, it took it multiple hits, and that was after it had been wailed on by Weiss for several minutes straight.

Arguing from tradition/precedent doesn't make the argument any stronger.

>Wailed on by Weiss

If by wailed on you mean completely and totally undamaged by anything she had then yes

Youre suddenly going against something that you agreed with for over a year now for basically no reason. Explain yourself.

WeeklyBattles said:
If by wailed on you mean completely and totally undamaged by anything she had then yes

Youre suddenly going against something that you agreed with for over a year now for basically no reason. Explain yourself.
Nothing says Weiss's actions did no damage. Grimm don't tend to show visible stress or pain, and the only visual damage we see from them come from dismemberment. They just dissolve after taking a beating.

I'm giving reasoning though, look above. The scaling makes no sense. A group of peple who can oneshot a 18 ton character shouldn't only be able to stagger a 88 ton character.

As I've said arguing from tradition doesn't help your argument.

If killing something in a few hits is a stomp so many irl fistfights are stomps now. This seems like a super loose criteria. Not every fight needs to drag on for ages, destiny PCs aren't stomping one another constantly just because they can kill one another in 3-4 shots in pvp.

Um... The grimm took an 18 ton attack without a scratch, a baseline High 8-C's attack isn't going to hurt it at all. Also apparently they're 22 tons, so no one is getting one shotted here.

@Dargoo Prove it was dmaaged

Ever think that maybe its because they do in fact scale to the 88 ton feat and not scaling them to it makes no sense whatsoever?

Fine then, by your logic, Ruby = Qrow = Raven > Vernal who oneshot the Arma Gigas which killed the Queen Lancer which tanked an 18 ton attack

I agree that the AP gap seems problematic, but I don't agree with the notion that any verse that doesn't have fights last ages has everything now become a stomp because that's just not how things work.

TheRustyOne said:
Um... The grimm took an 18 ton attack without a scratch
Grimm don't tend to show visible stress/strain, though.

Like, look at the first three-four hits the Arma Gigas lands on the Grimm. It doesn't take a scratch, yet dissolves after it keeps on attacking. Does that mean the Grimm can "take no damage" from the Arma Gigas now?

@Dargoo Prove it was damaged. It showed visible pain when the Arma Gigas cut it but was unfazed by al of Weiss' attacks

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Prove it was dmaaged
Going by your assumptions, it wasn't damaged by three or four hits from the Arma Gigas. I don't see any scratches from the first couple of attacks Weiss's summon lands, but somehow the fourth one killed it.

I'm fine with "survived" or "higher than", but you're throwing around "stomp" and "undamaged" around too loosely.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Prove it was damaged. It showed visible pai
It was just tossed around. Grimm don't tend to show pain to begin with, anyways. I feel like the burden of proof is on you to show that it took no harm from that attack considering Grimm in plenty of instances can take attacks without scratches, but still dissipate from multiple blows.

Weekly, you are honestly exaggerating. And seeing how this is concerning RBWY characters, I shouldn't be too surprised but still. It's a big AP range difference, but nothing that could be, or has been called such in any similar or worse AP situation, a stomp.

It's that simple. Arguing further is arguing semantics and it feels like too much of a derail, honestly. They have the AP advantage, we don't need a couple of posts about this. And they sure as hell ain't stomping because of that.

@Sir RWBY 8-Bs scale to people who are stronger than people who oneshot people on Gon and Killua's level

Its an AP stomp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back