• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I FINALLY CAN GET TO DO THIS MATCH-UP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the title being in all caps bother me so much

In this cases the rwby dudes also have a scaling chain on top of it. While I do think weekly is overusing terms like stomp and undamaged, there may be enough of a gap here to cause the match to become unfair anyways, since hxh dudes aren't that much above the feat all the way at the bottom of the chain.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Sir RWBY 8-Bs scale to people who are stronger than people who oneshot people on Gon and Killua's level
Its an AP stomp
If that's honestly the case RWBY shouldn't even be in 8-B, as Ruby would have to be a baseline 8-A to one-shot.

Yet she can't do anything other than stagger a 88 megaton character.

Combined with the issues with your use of the words "stomp" and "undamaged" Ruby has a decent AP advantage at best.

The Grimm actually moved and flinched from the Arma Gigas' attacks. It didn't move at all when it got hit by that 18 ton attack or from any of Weiss' attacks.

Why is this an argument? It doesn't matter if you call it a stomp or not, the Arma Gigas is still stronger than the Queen Lancer.

Then make Ruby 8-A because thats the scaling chain that has been in place for years at this point and you have agreed with it up until this very moment

I think rwby is a verse where you don't need to be that much stronger than someone to one shot. Sorta like how I could theoretically instantly kill someone with a brick to the neck, despite being just above average in strength for my demographic and not some sort of god. That would seem to reconcile the issues with their weird and ambiguous AP.

TheRustyOne said:
The Grimm actually moved and flinched from the Arma Gigas' attacks. It didn't move at all when it got hit by that 18 ton attack or from any of Weiss' attacks.

Why is this an argument? It doesn't matter if you call it a stomp or not, the Arma Gigas is still stronger than the Queen Lancer.
It stops moving for a longer period of time while being obscured by a cloud. It doesn't just bullrush as the explosion is happening.

This is an argument because I take issue with us having 8-Bs that don't act like they're in 8-B.

@Wok No actually, due to aura being a thing you need to be MORE powerful to oneshot.

That's actually one guy's semblance

WeeklyBattles said:
Then make Ruby 8-A because thats the scaling chain that has been in place for years at this point and you have agreed with it up until this very moment
daily reminder that this "scaling chain" you speak of contradicts actual canon when they had trouble against an 88 ton bot

@Zephros Daily reminder that it doesnt contradict anything and there's no reason for them to not scale to the 88 ton bot

WeeklyBattles said:
I disagree. I just feel like they are above the 18 megton feat, and that the "stomp" and "undamaged" claims have little weight behind them.

And again, arguing from precedent doesn't make you more correct.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Zephros Daily reminder that it doesnt contradict anything and there's no reason for them to not scale to the 88 ton bot
Yeah, the 88 ton bot that the entire team couldn't bring down without exploiting a weakness. They explicitly needed its help to take out another enemy that they, also, couldn't take out without exploiting a weakness.

@Dargoo Then you need to go through every 8-B RWBY thread and remove all of them because all of them have used that exact scaling chain for years now and no one has said anything

Also fix the ****** Leviathan page it hurts to look at

Weekly he can just change his mind. People dont get locked into things forever.

I don't think we're generally too keen on tier jumping via scaling anyways.

This is certainly not as decisive as you are trying to make it sound, Weekly. So, quite, honestly, better bring it up to an actual CRT because otherwise this is getting nowhere. One case or the other is inconsistent and this is starting to feel like a back and forth without much of an end.

@Wok Nope nopenopenopenope i aint letting this slide when if it were me in Dargoo's position everyone would be jumping down my throat telling me that i cant change my mind.

I feel like the scaling has no foundation with the "undamaged" claim to begin with. The inconsistency just puts more on the table.

Making a new thread would be nice, sure.

daily reminder that this "scaling chain" you speak of contradicts actual canon when they had trouble against an 88 ton bot

This makes absolutely no sense

A scaling chain from 18 Tons doesn't contradict 88 Tons as it's not that strong at all

So...Where's the contradiction?

Weekly the annoyance I've seen people getting with you as of late has been your refusal to accept change, the complete opposite of dargoo here. Besides, you clearly don't like getting heckled for your stuff, so why enact it on him? That's rather mean spirited.

Schnee One said:
A scaling chain from 18 Tons doesn't contradict 88 Tons as it's not that strong at all

So...Where's the contradiction?
A 88 ton character wouldn't even one-shot a 22 ton character, yet somehow there is an insistence that RWBY 8-Bs would one-shot a 22 ton character.

A baseline 8-A wouldn't one-shot a 22 ton character.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo There is no inconsistency whatsoever
You have yet to prove it was damaged
I've shown that attacks that should, in your argument, damage it, have had less of an effect on it than the attack you insist didn't damage it; therefore placing the burden of proof on you for showing that it wasn't harmed by the attack.

I think the issue with the 88 tons is seemingly that's they did not do very well against the 88 ton thing and relied more on strength in numbers. Don't know if this is a valid complaint (save it for your other thread), but that seems to be the apparent contradiction.

You want to downgrade them, is that what you're saying?

They have 8-B feats and could cause the giant mech to fall down from their attacks. Not even a 10 Ton High 8-C character can do that, that's a 8 times difference.

Queen Lancer took an 18 ton attack without any visible damage. The Arma Gigas easily defeated the Queen Lancer, Vernal one shotted the Queen Lancer and Raven is stronger than Vernal.

I think this is deraling since HxH guys are 22 tons, not baseline.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo There is no set number for how much stronger you need to be to oneshot
However, typically, we wouldn't consider a 4x gap enough for a one-shot.

A 88 ton character wouldn't even one-shot a 22 ton character, yet somehow there is an insistence that RWBY 8-Bs would one-shot a 22 ton character.

A baseline 8-A wouldn't one-shot a 22 ton character.

Which isn't a contradiction, one shots in fiction vary widely

Winter Soldier one shots Deadpool canonically despitevthe Latter tanking 173 Tons and WS scaling to a mere 333 Tons, not casual either.

Yeah even if the summon thing is bunk there's still the whole "scaling to one shots" that is legitimate later on.

TheRustyOne said:
You want to downgrade them, is that what you're saying?
Surprisingly, I'm trying to assert their current AP values instead of placing them at 8-B having them functionally act like 8-As.

Rusty, actually read what Dargoo is saying. Is not an issue of not being 8-B, is that being able to stomp 22 tons characters doesn't sound 8-B at all. Or that such a claim entirely goes against the 88 ton both needing all of them as a team and them exploiting a weakness when... that, shouldn't really be the case AP wise.

Wokistan said:
Weekly the annoyance I've seen people getting with you as of late has been your refusal to accept change, the complete opposite of dargoo here. Besides, you clearly don't like getting heckled for your stuff, so why enact it on him? That's rather mean spirited.
@Wok I do accept change, regularly, something everyone turns a blind eye towards to try to find only the rare occurrences where i do something that someone can turn into 'oh weekly did this how dare he'

Maybe because im tired of it? And maybe if someone else sees what its like they'll understand how it feels and stop?

Dargoo we still got the classic example of irl one shotting by weaker people due to uneven durability on human bodies. One shot gaps can be basically whatever in fiction, we just don't scale AP values from that beyond "character one shotted other character". The 7.5x is just for threads.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dargoo Faust said:
However, typically, we wouldn't consider a 4x gap enough for a one-shot.
A less than 2x gap is enough to oneshot in some fictions
In which case, why would you argue for a one-shot here, considering that one-shots are inconsistent?

If a less than 2x gap is enough to oneshot, in let's say, RWBY, why would that apply to HxH?

Under that logic the most we know is that Ruby is just generally above the HxH 8-Bs in AP.

@Dargoo Because there are solid numbers so we know the exact values and can compare them and from RWBY's scaling chain they do in fact oneshot

It's not an issue of feeling, it's an issue of a different opinion Weekly. I am tired of people disagreeing with me about a ton of things as well, either here or much more so outside, but your attitude about this kind of stuff can and honestly should improve.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Because there are solid numbers so we know the exact values and can compare them and from RWBY's scaling chain they do in fact oneshot
If a difference of "solid numbers" for one verse is a one-shot, but it isn't in another verse, how can you prove this is a one-shot?

@Sir Im not tired of people disagreeing with me im tired of people taking anything i say and twisting it so im always doing something wrong no matter what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back