• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I feel like i've been spamming CRT's lately, but minor Get Backers CRT.

1) The jagan, imma put the hardest one first. The jagan is by mechanics the worst ability in the series to decide upon. I've been treating it as a weird type of reality warping, but i feel like that is seriously redundand. While it is an extremely good version of reality warping, i feel like rather than Reality Warping it should be swaped with a combination of Illusion Creation and Dream Manipulation, as reality warping creates confusion.

2) The profiles lack any evidence of 2-A hax based on The Archiver. So i was thinking of giving them the "2-A via logic" and as a justification "Can manipulate and use the code of The Archiver to manipulate the world around them through Hojutsu". So that people won't be wondering "why do they have 2-A hax when it's not in their profiles?"

3) Passive Soul Manipulation for Akabane and Ban. Just being near Akabane and Ban made people feel like their soul was getting yanked out. Now idk the exact potency of this Soul Hax, but it was working on Marie (a transcendential), Himiko and even Paul Wan and The Voodoo king, the later having tanked attacks from Raitei which punch someone's soul out, while Marie being a transcendential. Idk if that would be 3D or 4D, though i feel like it may be 4D since even Kagenuma is being affected. I'd like some help on this point though.

Not "unknown". Just at the end of the last key, add "2-A via Logic Manip". Example Akabane would be:

Tier: At least 9-B, likely 8-B, possibly Low 2-C. 2-A via Logic/hax

While Ban would be:

Tier: At least 9-C, likely 9-B. At least 8-B with Asclepius | Unknow, possibly Low 2-C | Unknow, possibly Low 2-C. 2-A via Logic/Hax

You and the OP were the ones discussing that I was just making a suggestion.

And if you feel like it will never finish, just ask some help, instead of letting it be forgotten and focusing on other upgrades.

I cannot really give any input on this thread as I'm still going through the manga again to see everything for myself. I however will not slow down this thread. If multiple people agree to this I won't argue as I'll bring up any problems I have when in finished.

the first point seems fine really. the second one has to depend on the actual achiever CRT based on what i understand. Depending on that CRT that's the tier we can go for the second one

So that's 4 people in agreement. @tiss well that crt is still waiting for the scans, we can just change them once it's done.

I suppose that this seems to make sense, but it is best if you ask other staff members to comment as well.

Jagan is the "illusion world" thing, right? If that's the case, it seems to be fine.

The "2-A via X" stuff is generally reserved for stuff that can be used as AP (Like reality warping), so it depends if it fits that criteria. Homulilly isn't "2-A via Witch Kiss" via affecting a 2-A with mind hax for example

Yes the Jagan is the illusion world thingy, so resitance to both dream manip and illusion manip, should prevent people from "seeing" the illusion world at all or help them realize it's an illusion.

Well their logic is kind of Information Manipulation and while they mostly use it for Probability, Fate, Law hax, power null and other stuff like that, reality warping is also possible as stated by Masaki "Akabane's imagination shapes reality". (i'll try to find the scan for that). And IIRC Reality Warping hax can translate to AP/tier.

Isn't point #3 just figurative statements?

I wouldn't say so. I mean they were all fine and dandy untill Akabane just "imagined losing". In that moment all of them (Paul, Maria, Himiko and Kagenuma/Voodoo King) are shown to have trouble standing and feel a lot of strain on their bodies shown by the drops of sweat on their face.

I would have been fine with dismissing that as figurative statement, if it didn't have that effect on the others.

Okay, but that could have been caused by other powers than literally affecting their souls.

Ok i found more context. After "round 1" of the battle between Ban and Akabane. Ban asks for a time out to smoke then this happens:

http://fanfox.net/manga/get_backers/v39/c004/1.html#ipg6

You can see pressure being applied to everyone present (except for Ban cus he's a badass and can just tank anything in verse, so he is shown to feel it, but he simply doesn't change expression). Then comes this

http://fanfox.net/manga/get_backers/v39/c004/1.html#ipg7

Where Paul states he feels like his soul is being yanked out.

http://fanfox.net/manga/get_backers/v39/c004/1.html#ipg8

Here is the next scan still showing Kagenuma to have a hard time judging from the pannel.

That's all the context i could find. I could use some help with this point.

I do not have the time available to investigate this, but would appreciate help from other members.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I cannot really give any input on this thread as I'm still going through the manga again to see everything for myself. I however will not slow down this thread. If multiple people agree to this I won't argue as I'll bring up any problems I have when in finished.
Yeah i'll be waiting for that. Once you're done i'd like to have a general discussion on GB regarding the whole above time and space thing, what it may mean, what we are gonna treat it as etc. And more stuff like deciding on logic etc. What arc are you at rn?

Ok so including me we have:

6 people who agree with the first 2 points. (tier hax and jagan rework)

and

Akabane's soul hax is still being discussed. (though i guess it would be paralysis as well)

Is it ok to apply the first 2 points?

Back