• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hyperdimension Neptunia General Discussion NepNep☆Connect: Chaos Chanpuru 12

>Try to upload a picture, change the name when he see that the very same picture is already on the wiki

You hated me in those times, right?

Then no one here knows nothing, the end of the storm. I'm just experimenting with you.

Also:
AlexSoloVaAlFuturo said:
... I kinda make an idea for why you did it.
Speak With The Hand
And you know with who you are going to speak from now on? With the hand. ---->

66.6% through this thread before we hit 500 msgs.

If we keep this up, we'll have to keep moving to a new thread every single day.

Thespeedforce21 said:
66.6% through this thread before we hit 500 msgs.
If we keep this up, we'll have to keep moving to a new thread every single day.
>When you realise this and remember you still havent rendered the image for the next thread.

Giphy (352352363)

Yes, let's steamroll those nards.

But, I've also been thinking:

What will we do when we run out of Neptunia games to label our threads with? Will we start poking fun at our favourite games and add a Nep joke in it?

(Eg. Need for Nep: Most Wanted)

Just an idea.

@Lex Late G'Night from me.

Messages? I wouldn't bother this time as we are quite far into the thread... No point, y'know?

@Everyone that is awake

Mornin'.

Noire Dance
(Everyone is out of the house for like an hour and a half, so I can play RB;1 lol)

Thespeedforce21 said:
without having to go out of the dungeon I was in.
Why would you do this to yourself?

In all seriousness, it's 90% unbeatable if you are low level due to game mechanics

RKGenki said:
Thespeedforce21 said:
without having to go out of the dungeon I was in.
In all seriousness, it's 90% unbeatable if you are low level due to game mechanics
This is what kept turning me away from RB;1. If you can't progress normally through a story in your current state (meaning that if you just play the game normally without doing any side stuff) due to game mechanics, then that's bad game design imo.

I don't know, maybe RPGs are just not for me.

I'll give it another try later. (Everyone's back)

Side Note: This is with the Histy "Starter Pack" DLC and with Plutia and Peashy in my party (although I couldn't find a way to switch to them)

Well that's called difficulty spike

While I don't deny that RB1 has issues gameplay wise, this part only requires a bit of grinding, which is a natural part of almost any RPG, so I don't see it as an issue. Or else you'd be ble o finish the game at lv 1 which is not fun at all (unless it's done in a way that makes sense like in KH, but that one is an action RPG)

Thespeedforce21 said:
Side Note: This is with the Histy "Starter Pack" DLC and with Plutia and Peashy in my party (although I couldn't find a way to switch to them)
There's a sub menu in the pause screen for switching characters, but now I don't remember how is it called. In the sub menu there is a tab called coupling, so search for that one

RKGenki said:
Well that's called difficulty spike
I don't have a problem with difficulty spikes. As long as you still have a chance to defeat it and it's challenging enough, I'm fine with it.

(For example "The High Road" in the Crash 1 Remake)

RKGenki said:
his part only requires a bit of grinding, which is a natural part of almost any RPG
I think I can speak for most RPG and possibly Neptunia newcomers out there on this:

Okay, when I got a game over for the 2nd time, I thought... "Hmm... Maybe I'm just too low a level, lemme level up by defeating all the monsters, except for the dangerous one, like the game told me to avoid at this level, and come back to defeat it."

This was my thinking process.

But as soon as I thought I was finally confident enough ("Okay, I levelled up all my characters two to three levels. I should be fine now, right?" [Excluding Plutia and Peashy, because I can't use them for some reason] )

But no, I just kept getting wrecked by the same monster over and over again. It isn't fun when you don't stand a chance, and you have no idea where, how or even what to do to progress.

3rd Optimus Death

RKGenki said:
While I don't deny that RB1 has issues gameplay wise
I don't think it's gameplay wise, I just don't think the tutorials are very well explained/translated.

When the "Plans" tutorial popped up, it was very vague in what they do and didn't give any new information to me whatsoever.

I thought it was some optional thing, so I ignored it. (Like it implied it was with the "additional dungeons")

I would come back for it later if it meant side mission completion if I was very invested in the game.

RKGenki said:
Or else you'd be ble o finish the game at lv 1 which is not fun at all
I never asked to finish the game at Level 1, that'd, of course, be ridiculous.

I meant to naturally progress (so for example, for defeating a boss, you level up quite a lot and the story bosses and monsters fit with your current level seamlessly later on in other chapters)

Back