• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hyperdimension Neptunia General Discussion NepNep☆Connect: Chaos Chanpuru 12

Question

Did you buy the things I told you to buy?

And btw as a seasoned RPG player I didn't find it all that difficult tbh, that's most likely the problem, you're not familiar enough with RPGs

While plans are indeed optional things they do help a lot, like most secondary mechanics in RPGs. Not using them would be like not using the fusing materia mechanic in Crisis Core FF7. Aka makes the game harder for no reasons.

Going for natural progression while ignoring the secondary stuff only makes the game more tedious in most RPGs. And it's not like there's a lot of secondary stuff in RB1, it's mostly additional dungeons that only help in leveling up

1. I said "without leaving the current dungeon", meaning, no. I didn't buy them. (Because I forgot, again) - Then again, nothing in the game suggested that I should at least try going to the shop and checking it out.

2. True. I have little to no experience with RPGs. I grew up playing Platformers, Shooters and Action-Adventure Games. (Some Sonic RPG Flash Games as a kid if you want to count that, but then again, they're flash games where it was made by a fan, not a full on studio)

3. So would that mean that if the plans didn't exist, this was the intended difficulty? (Seeing as Plans are optional) Christ, the devs have high expectations.

4. So Natural Progression is discouraged in RPGs? Well, that's 12 years of gaming experience out of the window.

5. Dungeons that help in levelling up? God, this just makes me more annoyed at the vague tutorials more than I already am.

I also want to point out that I do not ignore side missions or 100% completion.

Okay, I never cared for 100% completion or side missions as a kid, but nowadays I do take pride into completing a side mission as part of an extension to a game I like.

I mean, I completed 97% of Arkham Asylum by taking the time to answer all the riddles, find all the Riddler trophies and get 3 medals (3 medals are the best you can get) on almost EVERY single challenge map.

>Nothing in the game suggested that I should at least try going to the shop and checking it out

That's like, not only the basis of any game with a shop, but also common sense (sorry if you feel offended, not my intention)

>So would that mean that if the plans didn't exist, this was the intended difficulty?

But they do exist, so I don't see your point?

>So Natural progression is discouraged in RPGs?

This is mostly a case by case basis, but secondary content does indeed make any game easier

>Dungeon that help in levelling up?

Another classic RPG thingy

Believe me, as soon as you get past that battle the game will become easier. Also from level 25 onward as long as you have a high enough TEC stat and you manage to fill the exe gauge quickly the game becomes a piece of cake

I don't want to have to keep quoting, so I'll just use your method.

>That's like, not only the basis of any game with a shop but also common sense

Doesn't matter. The game doesn't bring it up, so how in a first-time playthrough, would anyone immediately think "Oh, okay. This monster is too hard. But the shop should probably get me on my feet." Nobody that's new to RPGs or the Neptunia series like me would think that, as we are unaware.

Fun fact: I went to the shop once in Chapter 1 when I got my 2nd game over against Arfoire. (Before beating her on my 3rd try)

All I saw were basic items I already had in my starter kit, so I just left it alone, as I had enough items anyway.

> (sorry if you feel offended, not my intention)

I'm not offended.

In any way, you're actually making me feel better because you have experience and you've already been through the part I'm on.

>But they do exist, so I don't see your point?

Normally, in pretty much any game in existence, many people that is new to a genre or game will strive for natural progression, because without it, nobody in this world would be playing ANY game out there.

So with the fact that the Plans pretty much imply they're optional, a portion of people (that I belong to, obviously) would just skip out on the optional stuff and leave it for after beating the story.

In basic terms:

Plans = Optional

Person skips out on them because they're optional.

Optional = Available to be chosen but not obligatory.

If Plans are heavily advised to be used, then they can't be optional, as they are pretty much needed to beat the story.

> This is mostly a case by case basis, but secondary content does indeed make any game easier

Incorrect.

Whilst there are games like Sonic The Hedgehog 3 that allows you to obtain Super Sonic by getting all of the Emeralds, there are games that simply don't do this for completing side missions.

Doing side missions in Arkham City doesn't make the game easier, it just allows you to get closer to 100% completion and extend the game for those who are interested.

Nor does saving all the Mudokons in Abe's Exoddus make the game easier, it just allows you to get the Good Ending, a Cutscene Select and nothing else.

>Another classic RPG thingy

That I'll most likely grasp with experience.

> Believe me, as soon as you get past that battle the game will become easier.

This can mean multiple things as well, and I'll give my view on both, just in case one doesn't fit with what you're implying:

1. That makes absolutely no sense. Why would Chapter 2 be harder than the future chapters late in the game? That just adds onto my opinion of the game being badly designed imo.

Or 2. If you mean for the game to be easier because I have additional basic knowledge of the game, and I now would know where to go when stuck and I can just refer to this Chapter, then fair enough.

>Also from level 25 onward as long as you have a high enough TEC stat and you manage to fill the exe gauge quickly the game becomes a piece of cake

The game doesn't bother explaining about the stats that well, either. (What is the TEC Attribute? Why isn't it explained along with the others?)

I can't speak on the EXE Guage, as I have no EXE skills that I can use atm.

Well, You don't need to talk about my inability to beat a boss in a RPG.

You could've said anything else and we'd obviously respond to it.

(Because we care)

When I respond slow is because I'm on tablet, now I'm on PC. And maybe the internet help as well, it do whatever it wants in any case.

>All I saw were basic items I already had in my starter kit, so I just left it alone, as I had enough items anyway.

...did you see the other tabs?

>Talks about plans and secondary contents

I'm too used to RPG to agree with this part

>Talk about the game becoming easier

This is actually true for quite a bit of RPGs, not only because of point 2 but also because you yourself become stronger in game with new skills and such.

>Stats

Yeah, can't deny this, the game doesn't explain properly. Anyway the TEC stat is the stat that tells if you'll hit or miss an attack, it is the opposite of the LUK stat, that tells if the enemy will hit or miss you with an attack. They're a bit tedious in RB1, but becomes better with the other games.

Okay, to stop us from having a debate nearly every single day (let's just dissolve the C.S Noire vs SSB Blanc fight and this), let's just break down what I need to do to triumph in Gamindustri.

So I just get some life rings, and come back?

What about the plans, didn't you stress on an earlier thread that I should do one?

I have no idea what to do at this point, so your advice would be greatly appreciated.

At this time I'm also trying to improve my confidence of anyone coming into my room and seeing what I'm doing. So hopefully soon I'll be able to play RB;1 at any time I wish with no self-limitations.

Life rings help a lot because they increase you HP by 1000, giving you more time to heal

Yeah, you should do the one that unlocks Zeca Ruins, it's a good dungeon to level up. Somewhere in it there's another plan for another dungeon, I would suggest to try it out but beware that it's a bit tough at this level (not impossible by any means)

That's good to hear

Of course.

I guess after I'm finished with the main series, I'll play MegaTagmension Blanc + Nep vs Zombies instead of Action U (When they're around), for obvious reasons.

Also, I got this as soon as I launched the game:

You wot
Gehaburn Nepgya? Mhehehehe... >:3 (Eh, it's probably in VII)

(Also I'm not on Windows XP if you're wondering, the title bars just look that way because I'm using WindowBlinds to make my desktop appear like it. I'm nostalgic for Windows, okay?)

Sorry to tell you, but Nepgya isn't playable here, she's just a support

But at least there are Uzume and Iris, and damn if Iris is OP

He was probably referring to the bath CGS I mentioned I hope

1. Damn, I got tricked really hard. Thanks, game!

2. I'll probably main Neppy Jr. (or Blanc) and "Uzubae".

3. Nope. He mistook Nepgear for Big Nep. (Hopefully, he's joking)

2. Well Uzume is a bit hard to use in that game sadly

3. Doubt it, Big Nep isn't even in Action U. While there's a bath scene with her and Vert in VII

Back