• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HwG-Bracket Round 2 (Artyom vs Reki)

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Artyom vs Reki

Base Artyom
Artyom gets this rundown car.
Battle takes place around a deserted Times Square. (Range remains at 2051m)
SBA otherwise

Artyom: 0 to 1 (depending on whether Zaratthustra's vote still stands)
Reki: 5 (DontTalkDT, Blahblah9755, Lou_change, Psychomaster35, ThisThingisReallyBroken)
Incon: 1 (Oleggator)

fSPjZHz.png
vs
Id5NAHi.png

Last edited:
So, since Reki is my own nomination, let me make an argument: She outranges and outskills.

I assumed he could try to sneak through the trees or something. That's why I chose to have the location remain in central park.

I guess a vehicle for transportation is fine, though. Should I switch the location to Times Square? Driving a car in central park sounds troublesome.

Artyom is pretty skilled. He should be able to close their range thanks to his stealth mastery. He is stated to be one of the best shooters in verse. He is also pretty resilient to pain and damage. If the shoot won't hit a vital point he will persist and thanks to the medical kit he will be able to resist a bit more. He has more experience than Reki and more equipment (the grenades can help with creating a smokescreen from the explosion so this can distract her if he is spotted). While the characters from Hidan have some neat skill feats with the guns this is not a straight fight but in place where they can hide and the like. I say that he wins after a hard fight.

I assumed he could try to sneak through the trees or something. That's why I chose to have the location remain in central park.

I guess a vehicle for transportation is fine, though. Should I switch the location to Times Square? Driving a car in central park sounds troublesome.
Well, to make for Artyom possibly detect her and overcome range disadvantage I think it can be used. Giving both a good chances to win in big location.

Added it into the OP.

He should be able to close their range thanks to his stealth mastery.
Only to a certain degree. If he gets too close Haimaki will spot him due to sound and smell.
In times square sneaking in will also be harder than in central park... not to mention when he decides to get close in a car, which immediately gives away his position.

He is stated to be one of the best shooters in verse.
Reki too. Just to a waaay more impressive degree.

If the shoot won't hit a vital point he will persist and thanks to the medical kit he will be able to resist a bit more.
The same goes for Reki. She wears a bullet proof uniform, so he needs to hit the parts that aren't covered to do any damage.

He has more experience than Reki and more equipment (the grenades can help with creating a smokescreen from the explosion so this can distract her if he is spotted).
With her butei bullets, Reki can match him in terms of equipment IMO.
Also, I'm not so sure about equipment. Reki grew up in a tribe of warriors. And once she was deemed ready to leave to the outside world, she was hired by countries like China and Russia for secret missions. She was also mentioned to work as a Butei Assassin in this time, with Butei essentially being elite soldiers.
Afterwards she joined the Butei Academy, at which she performs S-Rank mission, which deal with stuff like taking down superhuman with supernatural powers without killing them.
So Reki has some incredible pool of experience on her own.

Ok, so now at first Artyom would ride towards Reki pretty fast covering some range. Until Reki would find car and start shooting. Then Artyom would get a damage from bullet, due for Artyom being in car the damage would get to car or to Artyom (likely non lethal due for car being pretty dusty.)

So Artyom would lost some mobility at first, but then he should be able to take covers through other people, buildings (maybe metro ironically). So it's possible to cover range for Artyom now due to pretty much buildings.
Reki wouldn't be so much fall behind and also probably would change some positions to possibly find Artyom. Artyom would also likely use his compass which would do his job with detection easier. And soon or early they're fairly should became very close to each other making this more depending on the skill.

First of all if both would get in a melee range(which is possible considering location and decent stealth of Artyom) : can't be sure about Reki but Artyom imo can cover in melee range, he experienced different mutants and soldiers, and it's also save for him to use grenades or Molotov(or even better, a flamethrower). Sure Reki also have own grenade-like bullets but I find it more possibly for Artyom to use it earlier as I guess Reki have only one weapon meaning she need to change bullets. Also Artyom can KO her in a single strike and have superior LS.

If both would find each other at 50m/100m Range(I guess we would wait for this battle more likely since Reki can detect Artyom by hearing(Also, why then she doesn't have Enhanced Senses on her profile?) and Artyom can detect by his own Sniper rifle and compass): Also a fair game. Reki have good sniper skill and Artyom have fair gun skills. Both can go ahead and change positions, both can kill each other both have fair reaction speed to dodge each other attacks. Artyom still can get closer and Reki with her Grenade-bullets can escape still. It's possible for Reki to one shot and for Artyom outlast with medicaments.

Probably Range wouldn't go higher since good amount of buildings would not allowing for both to fight normally.
Leading towards inconclusive at this moment, due for both having good chance to kill each other.

Ok, so now at first Artyom would ride towards Reki pretty fast covering some range. Until Reki would find car and start shooting. Then Artyom would get a damage from bullet, due for Artyom being in car the damage would get to car or to Artyom (likely non lethal due for car being pretty dusty.)
Ok, soooo the fight probably ends at this step. Don't confuse 2051m with Reki's range. It's Reki's certain kill range.
"You can run where-ever you like. But, I'll warn you first. My "Killing Range" is 2051 meters."

--Killing range.

The farthest range at which a hit is a certainty...The people in Snipe have different names for it, but Butei call it "Killing Range".

Which is to say, that is the distance at which snipers will definitely take out the enemy--

"In short, no matter where you run to inside this 2051 meter radius, my rifle will be able to hit you. Because, this rifle will never betray me--"
If you think a little dust would change that, then have this video of Reki shooting a screw off a bomb under a driving bus, through the railing of a bridge, while in a shacking helicopter:

It's not like the dust would completely block her vision.
Even if she somehow missed... he would just die the second he stops/leaves the car, before he really gets anywhere.
Heck, the inside of the car wouldn't even make for great cover, considering what happened the last time someone got into a car while being targeted by Reki.
Butei cars are completely armored. Even if the enemy uses armor-piercing bullets, it's still able to withstand the attack.
As long as I hide here, there shouldn't be a problem-- But, as I had just entered and closed the door.
Pa!
"!"

Cracks, running outwards like a spiderweb, appeared on the window of the car. That was Reki's shot!

But, the bullet didn't pierce it. It only damaged the bulletproof glass, ricocheting off. A-as it should.
(My...victory!)
But, as I rubbed my hands, slick with cold sweat, I froze.

--Pa! --Pa!

Pa! Pa! Pa!
The sniping...continued without pause.

And, they were all concentrated on one singular point on the glass, not straying by even a millimeter.

Reki, like hammering a nail into a plank--Finally--
Kch!
Shot through the bulletproof glass!
Bch! And, on my uniform--the second button on my chest was ripped off, spinning into the air. My mind...thought back to Reki's other words.

"That's why, you should know that there are people who can easily destroy your existences through other means."

She was completely correct. If what Reki was aiming for was not a button...but my head, then even the me in Hysteria Mode would have had my brains blown out.

So Artyom would lost some mobility at first, but then he should be able to take covers through other people, buildings (maybe metro ironically). So it's possible to cover range for Artyom now due to pretty much buildings.
Reki wouldn't be so much fall behind and also probably would change some positions to possibly find Artyom. Artyom would also likely use his compass which would do his job with detection easier. And soon or early they're fairly should became very close to each other making this more depending on the skill.
Once Reki has spotted him he is unlikely to come far. That isn't theory. There is a chapter in the novel of someone with anti-sniper training trying to run away from Reki in an urban setting. The result was that she could have killed him 7 times in 7 minutes if she had wanted to.
While I agree that he would get away if he manages to get to the metro, I doubt he ever gets that far.

Reki will most likely position herself on rooftops. That is logistically difficult for Artyom. If he wanted to get really close he would need to enter the building, but I don't see him survive running up to it over an open field.
Of course, he could try fighting her mid-range from other rooftops or the ground... but he wouldn't win that against a sniper of Reki's skill. She would just L-Snipe him without even getting out of cover.

First of all if both would get in a melee range(which is possible considering location and decent stealth of Artyom) : can't be sure about Reki but Artyom imo can cover in melee range, he experienced different mutants and soldiers, and it's also save for him to use grenades or Molotov(or even better, a flamethrower). Sure Reki also have own grenade-like bullets but I find it more possibly for Artyom to use it earlier as I guess Reki have only one weapon meaning she need to change bullets. Also Artyom can KO her in a single strike and have superior LS.
In melee range, Reki is still a prodigy with the bayonet. And unless he gets past that he is still subject to Reki just shooting him even in that range.
To that comes that Reki has her combat-trained pet wolf, which even is equipped with some bulletproof armour on the back. In melee he would be 2v1, with one being a big wolf and the other being an absolutely lethal shooter. I don't the he actually has as great chances there as you make out.

If both would find each other at 50m/100m Range(I guess we would wait for this battle more likely since Reki can detect Artyom by hearing(Also, why then she doesn't have Enhanced Senses on her profile?) and Artyom can detect by his own Sniper rifle and compass): Also a fair game. Reki have good sniper skill and Artyom have fair gun skills. Both can go ahead and change positions, both can kill each other both have fair reaction speed to dodge each other attacks. Artyom still can get closer and Reki with her Grenade-bullets can escape still. It's possible for Reki to one shot and for Artyom outlast with medicaments.
I suppose she should... for her eyesight, though. The enhanced hearing abilities come form her wolf... don't know if we would list that ability...

Artyom won't outlast with meds, because Reki won't do non-lethal hits. Reki can hit extremely precise targets even with casual shots. Have her hitting a nerve center of a wolf chasing her while standing on a motorbike:
The wolf charged the bike... and for a moment each kept pushing each other in deadlock.

It was probably trained to withdraw if the ambush strike didn't succeed in taking down the enemy, as the wolf leapt back. It jumped over a rift around 10 meters wide, a rift that leads to the sea, made during the construction.

Hmph. I see. It must be thinking that we won't be able to cross that rift.

I fired two shots with my Beretta in my left hand and toppled one end of a construction building's scaffold. Its shape became like a slide that you can find in parks.

I accelerated the bike, intending to use that slide as a ramp--- it leapt over the rift!!

And landed over the other side, slightly drifting while leaving tire prints on the ground.

"---I am a single bullet---"

Reki muttered on my back. Not even realizing since when, she's standing on the back seat.

The heck!? Are you a goddess of balancing!?

The muzzle of the Dragunov is pointed diagonally upward. At the end of its path, is a construction building.

The construction building is layered with scaffolding. The wolf used those as a stepping stone, to proceed upwards. It's completely within Reki's shooting range.

"It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think." Aah, just like you.
"It just flies straight towards its target." Forgive us, wolf.

Tang

The brass bullet shell danced in the wind...
And the relentless bullet fired from the muzzle---
Grazed the wolf's back

[...]

With a dull sound, the wolf fell over.

If you take a closer look, on its back, starting from the neck going downwards, is a vertical abrasion mark.

"That previous bullet I fired grazed the part above the area between the spinal cord and thoracic spine, pressuring it instantly."

Reki is---

Directing those words not to me, but to the wolf.

"Right now, your spinal nerve is paralyzed. You cannot move anything below your neck. However--- it only lasts for around 5 minutes. After that duration, you'll be free from the immobility, and you will be able to move normally."
Reki can shoot from a large range with millimeter precision. If she shoots aiming for his head, she will hit his head.
She can also use Haimaki to set up L-snipe while staying in cover.

The thing I feared while typing long reply is that I would get long reply in answer.

Anyway would type some stuff as soon as can.

Btw. chapter 70 of the manga covers Reki hunting someone in an urban setting. In case anyone wishes to look that up to get a better idea.

For now I’ll vote for Reki, since I don’t see how Artyom avoids getting killed the moment he gets in something that gives his position away like a car.

It's been 2 days since the start, so as per the current votes Reki moves on in the tourney. I will leave the thread open in case there is interest into continuing it for the profiles.

Next round is up.

Hi, I think I'm 2 years late hehe, but even so I'll give my contribution... to begin with, if we talk about skills and feats, there is no doubt that Artyom is far superior to Rika, now I see that you are talking about the distance, which is 2051m, well If we talk about artyom, some data is still missing, because artyom has also used "valve" which has more distance than "preved"
In addition, Artyom is one of the best snipers in his universe, in fact, his ability rivals that of Anna Miller, who is a sniper who can shoot and hit between 2,000 and 3,500 meters away.

here the skills of Anna Miller:

also if artyom uses the preved, he can cause deadly damage to rika, because in the profile of this weapon, his bullets are so powerful that they can reach the enemy even if he is covered:

and if artyom does not use sniper weapons; then let's remember that artyom has a very well developed sixth sense and has the ability of precognition. This is demonstrated on multiple occasions throughout the deliveries, since he is not only capable of visualizing ghosts, but the visions provided by The Dark Ones give him they allow to see the "world between worlds", an invisible plane that coexists with the normal one and that could be defined as "paranormal" or supernatural; With this ability he could use it to detect the location of his enemy and possibly he would also know when he would shoot and what the trajectory of the bullet would be

and that's why I vote for artyom

Last edited:
Back