• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The "Humans with Guns"-level bracket (i.e. mostly 9-C and below)

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
I wanted to do this bracket since a long time ago, but before the latest revision to speed equal it never quite was a good idea. However, now we can have this bracket in celebration of the revision.

So what's this about? Well, a real-life human is essentially a glass cannon. We have Human level stats, but wield firearms, which can one-shot us with a single hit.
This bracket is exactly for these kinds of characters, which are roughly on par with armed human soldiers, just maybe much more skilled.
Whether or not a character will be allowed is case-by-case as usual, but here are some guidelines:
  1. The Character's AP is low enough that things like walls and trees can serve as cover and barriers against them. (Usually meaning Tier 9-C or below)
  2. The Character's Durability is low enough that a single direct hit with a bullet into a reasonably large spot (e.g. head or heart) will kill them. Said spot may not be too easily shielded.
  3. Hax, even durability negating one, is generally allowed as long as it stays in the spirit of the first two rules. For example, a soul-destroying bullet might be ok, as it doesn't go through a wall.
  4. Certain not very hax abilities might not be allowed if they conflict with the upper two. For example, Danmaku and Homing Attacks would make the use of cover relatively ineffective.
Everyone might nominate up to 3 Characters, but at most 2 Characters from the same verse.
All matches are speed equal.
The maximum length of each match is 2 days, after which the character with the most votes advances.

Nominations:
  1. Professor Hidgens (Adem_Warlock69)
  2. Alive Impostor (Among Us) (Naitodesu)
  3. Arthur Fleck (Psychomaster35)
  4. Dale Gribble (Psychomaster35)
  5. Joo Seo Cheon (Zaratthustra)
  6. Dr. Kondraki (Psychomaster35)
  7. Shinei Nouzen (Celestial_Pegasus)
  8. Rocket (Planet of the Apes) (Lou_change)
  9. Koba (Lou_change)
  10. John F. Kennedy (Perk-a-Cola and higher tier stuff restricted) (Naitodesu)
  11. Lara Croft (2018) (Naitodesu)
  12. Reki (DontTalkDT)
  13. Rakko (DontTalkDT)
  14. Jack Slash (ThisThingisReallyBroken)
  15. V (ThisThingisReallyBroken)
  16. Sherlock Holmes (Blahblah9755)
  17. Kaname Sudo (Blahblah9755)
  18. Artyom (Oleggator)
  19. Strelok (Oleggator)
  20. Six (Celestial_Pegasus)
  21. Dr. Clef (Lou_change)
  22. Rudolf (Lord_JJJ)
  23. Bulma (Lord_JJJ)

Last edited:
would summoners be allowed, cause if not that is an entire verse of mine yeeted
Depends on what they summon and how much of it, I guess. It's certainly a powerful ability.

would yu-gi-oh peeps be good then
I'm not overly familiar with the characters. Who specifically and how strong are their summons?
Also, from a look many of them have Street level durability, which makes me suspect that they might not go down when hit by a bullet.

I'm not overly familiar with the characters. Who specifically and how strong are their summons?
Also, from a look many of them have Street level durability, which makes me suspect that they might not go down when hit by a bullet.
5ds peeps only scale to yusei knocking out up security guards with ease, so a bullet should put them down, zexal peeps i am not even considering cause all numbers are tier 4, the manga yuya is 10-A, anime and manga yugi and marik are physically fodder

5ds peeps only scale to yusei knocking out up security guards with ease, so a bullet should put them down, zexal peeps i am not even considering cause all numbers are tier 4, the manga yuya is 10-A, anime and manga yugi and marik are physically fodder
Durability wise those are fine then. If they do summons it still depends on the strength of the summons and numbers they bring to the table.
Like, as you said, summons in TIer 4, or generally above Tier 9-C, are out.

No calcs available so baseline is assumed, which I assume a gun can kill
I will allow them then. Should that assumption not be taken in the vs-threads themself it will be disqualified, though.

I nominate Bulma since I hardly know any other 9C characters
I also nominate Roudolf Ushiromiya? not really sure about him, he seems not overpower in his fisrt key exept for the Purple Truth, but from what I know he do not use purple truth offensively. I might be worng so better if you ask someone more knowledgable in Umineko if he really do not use it offensively

Yu-Gi-Oh characters are probably too much, they can typically quickly summon several monsters when in situations where they can summon outside of a duel, and I think all of the ones with profiles have monsters that are at least 9-A.

Ok, guys, was sleeping and stuff time to evaluate those entires.
@ Everyone who nominated characters with Street level Dura: I will assume your characters will die by getting a bullet to the face. Correct me if I'm wrong. At latest they will be eliminated during the tournament in that case.
Both are fine.
Since his weaponry is wall level, wouldn't that mean that he can shoot people through walls and trees?
'cause that would be a problem.
776 would be restricted and he gets no prep.
Can the atomic revolver shoot through cover (walls or trees), though? Strong Radiation has a certain tendency to do that, so I want to make sure.
I assume Klein's Immortality isn't combat applicable? What about his invulnerability?
Also, what's the range / downsides of the sleep charm? that thing sounds like it would just incap everyone within AoE regardless barriers or anything.

Joo seems fine.
With standard equip I assume? Yeah, should probably be fine.
Yeah, as people said, ranged weapons that can shoot through regular cover are a problem.
Shinei Nouzen, idk if Six would be ok.
First key of Shinei is fine.
Six is only an option if you play him without equipment. Or I guess I could leave him the buzzsaw, if it is just melee range. (Not sure how it would cut a tank then, though...)
Monke are ok.
John F. Kennedy 10-A by himself, Perk-a-Cola and ray gun restricted

Lara Croft (2018) 10-A by herself, has guns
Seem fine.

Klein's immortality is not combat applicable as it takes from one day to a few to resurrect. His invulnerability same as once his soul/mind goes on the Sefirah Castle he can't move the body or anything (it will remain unmoved while protected by it). The sleep charm works only once and the range is just a few meters. He should be okay but I realized (forget) that he has the Flaring Sun Charm which will be insta win vs someone if not dodged as it will vaporize them including anything in it's path.

So let just Joo for me.

In the movie V ate several dozen bullets, but I think that was only because they didn't go for the head. Still, just to make sure, while his ideas are bulletproof his head isn't, right?

Gonna say no to Taylor under normal conditions. Second key is out and even in her first key she is bulletproof due to her suit. And nobody, except maybe Clef, would survive her just killing everything in a giant radius via quadrillions of poisonous insects. I would need to restrict her suit and give her only the insects naturally in her environment to make it balanced.
If you're fine with those restrictions I can let her in, though.

In the movie V ate several dozen bullets, but I think that was only because they didn't go for the head. Still, just to make sure, while his ideas are bulletproof his head isn't, right?
Well yes, this is the comic version anyways . Who is a little weaker so I think he fits.

Let me pick another candidate besides Taylor.

Back