• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter x Hunter Overhaul (Scaling)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so we all agree the results are too low right? I am not good at pixelscaling but I just did it with like 4 pictures of reference. I don't know how to send in pictures tho so here are my results.
Thebone with Killua at the edge: killua:35 px, crater:385 px. Killua height:158.crater would be 17 meters.
The one with knuckle:
Knuckle 45 px, crater 457. I don't know official height for knuckle so I am gonna go with 180cm and we have 18 meters
The one with knuckle running inside:
Kncukles upper body(whole body doesn't work position wise) :88 px, crater 805px. The crater would be below 9 meters.
The one with knuckle and morel fighting horse youpi: youpi height 45 px, crater 184. Assumimg youpi is 3 meters tall the height would be 12 meters. I think of all these an average of 15 meters is more consistent but I would also be fine with the high end of 18 meters.
Spherical cap volume formula: searching for volume given a and h
Pi/6*h(3a^2+h^2)
Plugging in the height of 15 meters and a of 45 meters and using vaporization of stone gave me results of 300 kilotons of tnt or large town level.
So there you go. I would like to actually send the pics if I knew how but this is the evidence you wanted

Last edited:
@Hk1488
Please refrain from spamming and disrupting the thread any further. If you have important points to make or something you feel the need to respond to, then do so in a concise manner and preferably limit yourself to only one post.
I think Charmander has been exceedingly patient with you, and tried his best to respond to all of your points, but this debate is becoming really disruptive at this point. It would not be an exaggeration to say that you have singlehandedly extended this CRT by at least 2 pages.
You may have reservations about the values, but unless you can actually bring forth legitimate proof for why the calculations are incorrect mathematically or conceptually, then you are just wasting everyone's time.
I don't want to sound mean, but as a moderator I cannot overlook this after numerous pages of back and forth.
Consider this a warning.
I agree with this. Please drop this discussion.

Have the rest of you reached any conclusions yet?

Just to let thing clear, the standard assumption for crater depths is 0,25×DIAMETER, so if the crater depth is inconsistent that is the depth that should be used

Can you consider a difference of only a few meters that inconsistent tho? The crater itself is much more inconsistent itself. Ranging from 90 meters to not even 40 meters. I would suggest using the 18 meters end tho

Hmm great that we actually can calc the size? I don't get your points at all. You are being very ignorant. I did literally calculate the size and you are now again simply ignoring what I brought up as you have been ever since the start of the discussion. We literally can calc the crater height and after arguing for a solid 2 pages without bringing up any evidence try to go for using an "average" because the height is "unknown" ignoring my point for the sake of getting higher results.

Hmm great that we actually can calc the size? I don't get your points at all. You are being very ignorant. I did literally calculate the size and you are now again simply ignoring what I brought up as you have been ever since the start of the discussion. We literally can calc the crater height and after arguing for a solid 2 pages without bringing up any evidence try to go for using an "average" because the height is "unknown" ignoring my point for the sake of getting higher results.
These accusations are getting out of hand. Either way, put it in a blog or something, with the images, otherwise we'll have to take your word for it, which we will not do.

It's a lot of pictures that I have cause the program I used only shows how many pixels it is while youcmake the line so I had to Screenshot all of the lines individually. So it's easily 10 pictures

GodlyCharmander:

Have the rest of you reached any agreements that can be applied yet?

What is the EXACTLY WORDED username that you use in the VS Battles wiki. If you tell me that, I can help you out with more specific instructions.

I don't tho. The source directly contradicts his method. I would like to post the pics but I am too dumb to make a blog

There should be a "+CREATE BLOG POST" button in the page I linked to, if that is your wiki account username.

Assuming Knuckle is 1.8 m in height, this panel shows a height of 26 m:
Fg5pFkr.png

Which makes around 0.28 of the crater's diameter.
Not sure if there is a panel we can directly measure which brings a better result.

Props for Charmander for the excellent job on the speed calcs, but I found issues with a couple of them which would unfortunately lower the result.

The distance Pitou jumped Kite from was pixel scaled at 2.9 km, however this conflicts with the statement that the longest of Pitou's En tentacles has a range of 2 km.
0259-009.png

This is reconciled by assuming a shorter reference tree height than what is used in the scaling.
2 km would be a high end, but Kite went out of his way to touch the tentacles so there is a good chance he went with the longer ones and the ones furthest from the source of the Nen.

The first Netero speed calc, which doubles for Pitou's perception speed, uses this diagram to scale the palace:
0279-005.png

However this is an unnecessary extra step that conflicts with a more reliable method, since we can use the following panel + statement that Pitou is around 500 m away from the palace:
0267-009.png
0265-012.png

The panel itself is used in the second step of the multi-step scaling of the palace, when scaling the entire palace can be done in a single step with just this panel.
If we scale with the panel, Netero's first attack speed and Pitou's perception gets lowered by a factor of 5 or 6 due to the smaller palace size.
1LuZrT3.png

Assuming Knuckle is 1.8 m in height, this panel shows a height of 26 m:
Fg5pFkr.png

Which makes around 0.28 of the crater's diameter.
Not sure if there is a panel we can directly measure which brings a better result.

Props for Charmander for the excellent job on the speed calcs, but I found issues with a couple of them which would unfortunately lower the result.

The distance Pitou jumped Kite from was pixel scaled at 2.9 km, however this conflicts with the statement that the longest of Pitou's En tentacles has a range of 2 km.
0259-009.png

This is reconciled by assuming a shorter reference tree height than what is used in the scaling.
2 km would be a high end, but Kite went out of his way to touch the tentacles so there is a good chance he went with the longer ones and the ones furthest from the source of the Nen.

Uhhh... Pitou was just born, she weren't using En at all, she just felt Kite's presence.
Better yet, she smelled his life, like she did earlier.
011.jpg

The first Netero speed calc, which doubles for Pitou's perception speed, uses this diagram to scale the palace:
0279-005.png

However this is an unnecessary extra step that conflicts with a more reliable method, since we can use the following panel + statement that Pitou is around 500 m away from the palace:
0267-009.png
0265-012.png

The panel itself is used in the second step of the multi-step scaling of the palace, when scaling the entire palace can be done in a single step with just this panel.
If we scale with the panel, Netero's first attack speed and Pitou's perception gets lowered by a factor of 5 or 6 due to the smaller palace size.
1LuZrT3.png
Fair 'nuff. Also, I would stop the red line at the edge of the wall. Either way, I will be fixing this, thanks.

Fair 'nuff. Also, I would stop the red line at the edge of the wall. Either way, I will be fixing this, thanks.
Ran some tests, and this would, in turn, turn the calculation obsolete. I will just use the 2000m from Pitou's En, as the result just contradicts the stated size of the En (where the Dragon was)

EDIT: Updated it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back