• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hunter x Hunter: Meruem power additions

Honestly, I think it's purely a cosmetic change. Welfin feels like he has aged that much instead of actually aging that much. I think it's more akin to Limited Fear manipulation but I could be wrong.

It might be just a serious case of Fearhax, Knov also aged after feeling Pouf's aura though he was in Zetsu

Holy **** I barely distinguished both of you with those avi.

Welvin's aging is a side Effect of the Nen Crush. It's not an actual power since he's not aging him.

Don't we already give Meruem the abilities he's demonstrated that he's gained from Pouf and Youpi?

I think it makes more sense to stick with what Meruem has demonstrated than assuming he can do everything exactly the same as them including splitting up into a billion clones like Pouf.

But he literally absorbed them and turned into chibi pops. He can use their powers at will, he only used the abilities he needed to use. But he has their abilities since Pouf and Youpi couldn't use their own abilities anymore. Maybe Pouf could still make himself smaller and shapeshift but that's natural for him.

Pretty sure they could still use their abilities. In Youpi's case he was just much smaller due to all the donated mass and he never had a chance to fight again before dying.

I mean, he could either replicate or absorb their abilities. He has shown he is able to. Rage Blast and Photons. For example Yhwach got Sternritter powers but he never used them

Yeah, and I absolutely hate that we do that for Yhwach and I've argued against it for months.

One verse doing a terrible thing isn't an excuse for another verse to do it too.

After Meruem absorbing them Pouf said that their bodies became part of him, and he exactly showed them that. Youpi was helpless against Welfin man.

how about another key for meruem with those powers as a compromise ?

Just like Yhwach , it would be a choice to use or not that key in battle with the powers he could very well have, and should logically have given how his consumption work,but never displayed .

He didn't display those powers because he never fought in that state so he didn't need to. He has shown to be able to use Pouf's photons and Youpi's enhanced Rage Blast to try to kill Knuckle's Bankruptcy, he never needed to use Self-Destruction or neither tried to change someone to Chimera Ant

Instead of adding the abilities in a tab why don't you just put a note in his profile that he might have the other abilities of Pouf and Youpi and put a link to their profiles in the note.

The Calaca said:
Holy **** I barely distinguished both of you with those avi..
Fun fact: I had this pfp once somewhere

It's always good to know there's a fellow fan of good character development and my favorite animanga character xD

Think it was stated that Meruem can gain Nen abilities if he eats enough so I personally agree that he should. If it's not good enough, we could always say "Possibly"

So I think it's fine to apply later

I also think that Knuckle needs and upgrade to 8-A, he took tens of punches from Cheetu and actually match him in battle, maybe Class 100 lifting strength because he pushed back Killua with one kick for a distance and MHS speed for Bankruptcy as Cheetu couldn't outrun it at all

iirc ,Bankruptcy could even keep up with post rose flying meruem when it was attached to pouf , so that is another feat for that .

Most likely. But it keeping up so easily with Post-Rose Meruem is a good feat of how powerful Hatsu it is. Though idk if useful in VS Battles.

It could honestly give a run for money to most 8-B characters that use some kind of energy if used in right way

> that is my opinion as well as he is attached to someone , but wouldn't that be NLF ?

No more of an NLF than it being functionally invulnerable too.

Well, after a certain point Invulnerability as a page becomes useless if we can't quantify it.

Given that its durability seems to come from Nen hax as opposed to physical power, I'm inclined to believe that it is invulnerable. It's not like it would be an outlier anyway since it is a non-offensive avatar.

The Invulnerability page states that it should be fine to add if it is not contradicted, which it isn't.

would it be the same for his speed/ability to follow a target ? most matches are speed equal anyway but knowing if we can argue that pot clean can't be shaken off unless you dispell it/powernull it can be a huge point in non speed equal matches.

Seems like it to me, since it can keep up effortlessly with both Cheetu and Meruem. I don't think the affected persons distance away from it even affects the effect it has on them though. Only their distance from Knuckle.

Back