• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So in this thread https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2214829 the user states how plankton survived an atomic explosion

this should qualify for a huge boost Ap upgrade for the whole cast

He also split two atoms with his bare hands which would give them matter manipulation on an atomic level (sounds weird I know)

also with the inventions sandy and plankton made such as teleporters, time machines, cloning devices, etc. I think that karen, plankton, and sandy should be extroadinary genius but in plankton's intelligence and weaknesses it should say that he is for the most part incompetent and that he is also a master criminal with stealth mastery if my memory serves correctly in a few episodes

I agree with the intelligence, it's a similar case to Phineas and Ferb but at a lower level. Extraordinary genius for Sandy and Plankton makes sense.

Matter Manipulation I agree with as well, it's kind of weird for him to be able to do that though.

Not sure about the AP thing

well gumball got his low 7-C for surviving an explosion i believe so it should also reasonabley apply to these characters for the same reason

I also agree with this.

Please, someone call Ryukama or Darkanine for this, as thsoe are the only staff knowledgeable in the verse.

The explosion wasn't actually that large. That explosion was an exaggerated gag that is contradicted seconds later.

okay then and i know for sure we aren't going to use the atoms being what exploded as a reference point to the strength as spongebob is much more gaggy than that?

Well the Island-sized explosion evidently didn't actually occur so...

Also Tier 7 Spongebob would be an Outlier

Even if Town level SpongeBob isn't happening (Tfw the same town-sized explosion actually happened 3 or 4 times), the other upgrades seem fine

However one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that Plankton also has a good regen feat. He was fine after being reduced to ashes in Best Frenemies

Maverick Zero X said:
That "atomic explosion" only blew up the Krusty Krab. Considering that destroying the entirety of Bikini Bottom is only 9-B then this won't upgrade anything: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ArbitraryNumbers/Destroying_Bikini_Bottom_(Redone)
Agree with the intellect upgrades tho
^ This exactly

Insecurity97 wrote:
(Tfw the same town-sized explosion actually happened 3 or 4 times)
"Town sized explosion" sounds a lot more impressive when you forget to mention that said town is literally so small that a pinapple is the equivalent of a 2 story building.

yeah we agreed ap isn't upgrading, intelligence should, matter manipulation (perhaps only for plankton or maybe the whole cast idk), what i said on plankton, and i think they should all scale to each other regen wise but this one is my opinion

I disagree with Matter Manipulation to the whole cast. Plankton shown the feat so it's his own feat. We don't scale Homer's Broadway Force to Skinner for example.

The same goes for regen. I think we should give powers and abilities to characters that shown said capabilities and don't scale it to other characters.

okay but you agree with everything else?

i thought the regen thing because it is essentially a gag show and so i assumed they could just pull of these things if its in cannon but ok

Bobsican said:
Style over substance fallacy?
No, because people have said before that said "nuclear explosions" only destroy Bikini Bottom, and thus would only be 9-B.

Besides, it's the show that always uses the same Atomic Bomb explosion footage, even for destructions on such a minimal scale, and people that keep arguing that this would make them Town level.

The reason why they still shows remains of the town is so the viewers are aware that they are still in Bikini Bottom to begin with, so that part is more likely to be a gag than the other way around.

To me, it seems more like the explosion effect itself is the gag, rather than only Bikini Bottom being destroyed.

Bobsican said:
Style over substance fallacy?
No style over substance is making it Tier 7 just because they decided to use nuke stock footage instead of animating the explosion, even when the feat objectively is only Tier 9 at best.

If it was an atomic explosion the size of Bikini bottom then it'd yield more than wall level.

If it encompassed bikini bottom then uhh

Medium sized building = 17 px = 1.2 meters

Bikini bottom diameter = 232 px = 16.3764705882 meters

((0.0163764705882/0.28)^3)/1000 = 0.2 tons of TNT

We have to halve it for our final result of 0.1 Tons of tnt or Building level

Crops

Totallynotchewbacca said:
it only destroyed the krusty krab tho
There are no remains of the Chum Bucket, which is right near the Krusty Krab, nor the town right behind it, so it´s possible that it encompassed the whole town, and it was just fixed via toon force or something in those lines afterwards.

Totallynotchewbacca said:
ow strong are normal atomic explosions
Tier 7 as far I remember, but making it that tier just by the animation has been very rejected already.

well maybe this could be the tier "*insert original tier i am to lazy to put*, possibly Building level + (Survived an atomic explosion which possibly destroyed Bikini bottom as a whole though it is a bit ambigious)

Back