• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How would this end?

(I wonder if I put this on the right board. Questions & Answers, maybe?)

"But class, don't discount the smaller creatures of Equestria, either. Just look at this tiny parasprite. It can replicate itself hundreds of times within the span of minutes!" ( http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Fundamentals_of_Magic )

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/SCP-871

"If any of these cakes is substantially damaged through any means other than being eaten by a human, including being eaten by a non-human animal, it will be replaced instantaneously."

To simplify things -compared to the settings of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic & the SCP foundation.- Suppose we have a setting much like The Real World 's Earth, including things outside of that Earth, such as TRW's Moon, its sun & solar system, etc. with the only notable difference being:

1.The presence of 1 or more Parasprites & 1 to 237 instances of SCP-871

2. The absence of all other life except plants & trees native to The Real World's Earth. (And obviously, the Parasprite(s) &, if you count it as a lifeform, SCP-871.)

The Parasprite(s) discover, & begin consuming SCP-871.

Thus, the driving question of this thread: How does it end? I have little confidence that the Parasprites would "win", by VSBattles Wiki standards, but such a question isn't the purpose of this thread.

It can be presumed they, like other inspects, Parasprites may not survive with enough atmosphere.

Do they start suffocating in space? Cannibalizing each other? Is it like with bees where they start becoming a ball of heat? If we assume they have to stay within the atmosphere, how long before the bug & cakes starts turning into a black hole?

Do the parasprites all die through some way BEFORE a black hole is created or the mass of the cakes breaks apart the planet?

Or do we never get to the black hole stage, as the parasprites die but continue reproducing, reaching some kind of equilibrium?

All of your answers are greatly appreciated, VsBattles Wiki. Looking forward to them!

Yes. Put simply. And, also, as detailed in the OP, it doesn't take place in the setting of MLP, nor SCP Foundation.

The Parasprites take over equestria with an infinite supply of respawning cake until eventualy the cake duplicates to the point where the planet collapses in on itself due to the weight of the cakes being too much for it to handle

@WeeklyBattles: Thank you very much for the anser!

That said: I said in the opening post & the reply immediately before your post that this doesn't take place in Equestria, but rather on an Earth mostly identical to that of The Real World 's Earth, in a setting much like The Real World, except said Earth is devoid of all life except the parasprites, plants & trees.

So it irks me that you say that they take over Equestria when that's not the setting supposed in this hypothetical, trivial a detail as that may be. I do appreciate your answer, though.

But I suppose those are just particulars that don't change the answer much anyway.

I suppose the cakes causes planetary collapse long before the parasprites reach a swarm size where they have a noticeable effect on gravity or increase in temperatures that affect themselves or other things present?

I actually think the cakes would win, due to not needing oxygen to survive.

The cakes would duplicate over and over, until they start repeatedly covering the surface of the Earth, then expanding it. (It would cover the Earth rather than just creating one huge pillar as any mild disturbance would cause 871 to collapse over, eventually creating a pyramid which would eventually cover the entire planet).

From here I think it would expand the surface of the Earth so thin that the atmosphere wouldn't be livable, especially with all the Parapsrites swarming around. Meaning that, assuming the Parasprites need oxygen to live, they'd likely die off before the cakes become numerous enough to create a black hole (as to why this black hole won't be created too quickly, imagine crushing a sponge - after all the air is out if it it starts taking a lot more energy to compress, because you're not just displacing air, you're actually physically forcing molecules to break their bonds and get pushed closer together, imo it would take so much force to make the Earth dense enough to become a black hole that the cakes won't be creating it for a long time).

Back