• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How would be your own xianxia story?

If any of you was creating your own xianxia, how would you do it? What would be the cultivation levels? What would be the protagonist "unique overpower skill"? Etc.

Hmm, big planets (you can't have a Xianxia/Xuanhuan without them). As the story progress even bigger things.

The cultivation level will likely be the classic one on the first stage, Qi Condesation, Foundation Establishment, Core Formation, Nascent Soul and then something with Immortal to be the last stage that will make the transition from Mortal to Immortal. Then start with the second part where new cultivation levels are added (unique to your story). Make the MC leave his Planet and or go to a bigger Planet or another realm. If it's another realm, then it should have even bigger Mountains and Planets like Galaxy size or on this line.

It should also be a long novel, since you need your prestance of over 1000+ chapters.

"Unique overpower skill", hard one. Depends on the setting of the story and the fighting style of the MC, but more than sure some Karma stuff, Karma make things better. Add some duality stuff to galvanize the skill and voila "git gud, gg ez" skill.

But If I were to truly write one, I would try to make it more unique than what I wrote above, but likely not so long with 1000+ chapters. I would also make the world a grim-dark one with an MC who would make even Demons be Saints near him, or maybe reverse, the MC to make the Celestials look like Devils near him, or idk, but I would try to make him likable enough but also be hated by the readers.

Edit. Don't forget, bigger planets.

I would do exactly like Reverend Insanity, the only thing that would make me break my head would be a way to innovate both in the form of cultivation as there, but I would try my best to replicate, but not in the same way as what happens there, it is a true xianxia that doesn't focus on everything that goes beyond etc, but has its own rhythm and a much more expanded universe within a single planet on 5 continents than many novels that make MC explore galaxies and beyond.

Not only the MC of course, give emphasis to other characters at a level that seems like the MC also goes into it, it would probably have more than 3k of content, but it just shows how expanded the universe is.

List of ToDos:

• Not use 'muh better techniques = more power'
  • Plan out how many higher or lower realms/dimensions there are
  • Plan out my chapter arcs to balance them
  • Plan out cultivation stages and reveal a-lot early making those stages and their benefits common knowledge
  • Characters won't blow their head off with anger or wipe out clans due to being offended over a minor matter

Characters won't blow their head off with anger or wipe out clans due to being offended over a minor matter

Are you trying to reverse Karma, and alter the Heavens? This is basically excluding "young master, junior you dared, kill his nine-generations, father save me".

Add on list: The powerful "coldsnort".

The arrogant young master is a must have, but he'll at-least have the brains to think of the benefits and repercussions of his actions or have older people guide him. Sort of like Reverend Insanity, although I did stop reading it early on to read other stuff.

Has anyone here already read Emperors's Domination? I have seen people say the MC is as strong as Meng Hao, is that true?

HNF1 is also great. The MC is Low 2C to 2C. Great Reality Warping and Space Time Manipulation. Has anyone read Zhanxian?

If that was a buckshot question towards everyone then, aside from Er Gen, from what I've read/reading;

1. Composite Martial World (mainly because of it's expanded on concepts and laws)

2. Desolate Era

3. King Of Gods

4. Ancient Godly Monarch (Haven't been keeping up)

5. Against The Gods (Haven't been keeping up)

Favourite abilities:

1. Lin Ming (Martial World) gains an ability that returns everything around him to chaos, nulling techniques and laws.

2. Zhao Feng (King Of Gods) has a few eye abilities, the one I like is the one that separates your atoms on sight

3. Rainwater, I guess? Ji Ning put his heart into it but found out he wasn't all that special after discovering greater daos

4. Yang Qi's fate wheel (Sage Monarch)

Currently, the only xianxia i have read more than 600 chapters is Desolate Era, MC will be at least 2B at the end, and my favorite skill in the verse is Hearthforce.

Muchacho mrm said:
If that was a buckshot question towards everyone then, aside from Er Gen, from what I've read/reading;
1. Composite Martial World (mainly because of it's expanded on concepts and laws)

2. Desolate Era

3. King Of Gods

4. Ancient Godly Monarch (Haven't been keeping up)

5. Against The Gods (Haven't been keeping up)

Favourite abilities:

1. Lin Ming (Martial World) gains an ability that returns everything around him to chaos, nulling techniques and laws.

2. Zhao Feng (King Of Gods) has a few eye abilities, the one I like is the one that separates your atoms on sight

3. Rainwater, I guess? Ji Ning put his heart into it but found out he wasn't all that special after discovering greater daos

4. Yang Qi's fate wheel (Sage Monarch)
thanks, it was interesting to read. I read very, very few short stories of such a plan.

My story would be similar to the typical Universe like Xian Ni / Pursuit of The Truth + science fiction aggregates such as quantum mechanics and futurology.

You know I had this idea a few months ago:

"The cultivation of physique was the norm for a thousand years ago. By training the body do the cultivators train their skill. Hao Zhuan, a middle aged retiree. He chose the path of a cultivator but because of his lack of strong physique base had to give up his path. He became a scholar before retiring and starting his journey through the desolate land. It was a desolate land. Full of sands and dry mountains. A gale of storm formed in the background. He reached a range to rest for the night, the gale blocking his path forward. The range was long and a dired husk. None of the mountains had a room except for one. There was a small opening on the mountain in the middle not unlike a cave. It had a strange vitality that even Hao Zhuan could sense. "I should rest here for the night." He sighed. If it was him thirty years ago he would have ploughed through sheer determination. A Qi Condensation cultivator was not to be underestimated........."

Favorite Powers:

- Karmic Essence, True and False Essence: Wang Lin

- The restrictions of natural laws: Wang Lin

- Underwood River: Wang Lin

- Thought Scripture: Li Qiye

- Demon Sealing Hexes: Meng Hao

MC's forte will involve plants. Actually, that could lead into the power structure, with each layer having negligible levels of everything after.

My MC would probably have time hax as his main power since the start, or mind hax, both are my favorites, and there are so many things you can do with them.

The God Of Procrastination said:
Nepuko said:
@TGOP You read xianxias??
You overestimate my patience.
Kek. Now it's a realistic answer indeed. The balance of the universe is restored.

Though to be serious, that stuff's so addicting at some point (if written well) that when you end those bazillions words you still starve for more :sadpepe:

Back