• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How powerful is Hellboy really?

Omnificence

Joe, Joey, Jojo, Joseph
He/Him
Hellboy may be "stronger and tougher than a Human " but just how strong and tough is he?

First, let's talk about his durability:

Anybody who knows a deal about Hellboy knows he's a tough cookie to put down. Throughout his adventures, Hellboy's shown to have an immense tolerance to pain and an enormous amount of stamina. On top of all that, Hellboy also seems to possess a regenerative healing factor that allows him to walk off most injuries that'd kill an ordinary human.

After taking a deeper dive into the web, I've tried to find Hellboy's most impressive feats of durability. I this instance, Hellboy survives an explosion that destroys an entire base and a fleet of UFOs. After rigging up some explosives , Hellboy tanks a massive blast that destroys an entire castle. Here, Hellboy is sustaining attacks from a monster who causes small tremors in the ground and survives a gas station from exploding.

I will add a strength section later, but for now, where would this put Hellboy's durability at? I was thinking Large Building Level+ or City Block level.

Never mind. Thought you were someone I recognized. Still glad to have you here.

You just need somebody who is skilled enough to calculate them. You can use the link that I provided to ask for help.

I'd like to say that if you want to calc, all you need is general knowledge and at the very least MS Paint (GIMP is better for it). I encourage all users to calc on their own, leaves less work for calc group and generally means less people are in charge of a very large thing.

With that said: I doubt any of these would yield beyond Tier 9 for Hellboy. The UFO fleet thing seems like it wouldn't scale to his AP, given that he used prep bombs to do it. The castle explosion would be nicer if he survived, ostensibly he did not. And the gas station explosion is legitimate but not a huge feat considering it wasn't enormous and he wasn't at the epicenter.

What feats do you need calculated here exactly?

Back