• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hellboy (Franchise) Revision Thread #1 | 8-C Hellboy, further calculations, and more!

Yes, 8-C statistics should be fine for Hellboy and comparable characters then.

We still need calculations for all of the listed speed feats as well though.
I got a couple or few speeds that should be consistent so far.
  • By using the Large Size Calculations formula found here to determine speed I concurred that Katha-Hem's supposed speed is Hypersonic.
  • For Hellboy he should have Transonic reactions and travel speed based upon this calculation.
  • Also using the same calculation, I think it's fair to list Roger having Subsonic speed at the moment.
These three speeds should be enough to scale the characters that encountered and/or fought both Hellboy, Katha-Hem amd Roger for now. In the meantime I will consult with the other calculation group members to see if they can calculate all the speed feats for certain characters I can find. It's a bit of a shame that I might have to discard this calculation; this was one of or possibly the only most impressive speed feat that I could find for Hellboy.

Last edited:
Don't you mean Transonic combat speed?

In any case, I suppose that what you suggested seems fine to apply to the Hellboy characters in the meantime.

Don't you mean Transonic combat speed?

In any case, I suppose that what you suggested seems fine to apply to the Hellboy characters in the meantime.
Yes, that too. Alright, let's go over Hellboy's regeneration now. So here are several instances I could find of Hellboy's healing factor.
Will update this list later. For now, I was thinking along the lines that these instances would give Hellboy at least High-Low or Low-Mid level regeneration.

Last edited:
It is currently enough if you check throug Joe's last post above.

Ok, so here is the thing with a few of these feats. They aren't regeneration.

Let's take for example when the gun explodes on his hand, it isn't regeneration because he didn't even really take any damage to regenerate from. Joe even says that his hand seemed okay from the explosion.

This goes for the getting smashed by the giant and being chewed by the Hydra, Hellboy didn't even seem to take any damage that he would regenerate from.

Getting skewered is almost definitely a Low-Mid feat in my opinion, though.

Ripping his heart out an surviving sounds more like Type 2 Immortality than it does regeneration. Unless, can he grow his organs back?

Thank you for the evaluation help. I will remove the new regeneration levels from Hellboy's page then.

The skewered bit does appear to be Low-Mid, though the other feats hardly seem like regeneration so perhaps this is not consistent. Type 2 Immortality sounds fine though.

🌚 regeneration has been dealt with. I believe we need to see if Joe's edited calculation is still acceptable.

Okay, so should we keep Low-Mid regeneration then?

I guess I didn't explain the part of Hellboy having his heart ripped out well enough. Let me try again.

So, after defeating the Ogdru Jahad, Nimue rips out Hellboy's heart and his body is reduced to dust, killing him in the process. However, throughout the first issue of Hellboy In Hell, he survives and carries on. Maybe this still isn't enough proof, but hopefully it's more detailed than before.

I guess I didn't explain the part of Hellboy having his heart ripped out well enough. Let me try again.

So, after defeating the Ogdru Jahad, Nimue rips out Hellboy's heart and his body is reduced to dust, killing him in the process. However, throughout the first issue of Hellboy In Hell, he survives and carries on. Maybe this still isn't enough proof, but hopefully it's more detailed than before.
This is just more evidence for Type 2 lol.

I would also like some clarification. Is there an explicit scene of Hellboy regenerating from being turned to dust and having his heart ripped out? Was he resurrected? Without context, that feat is hard to evaluate.

I would also like some clarification. Is there an explicit scene of Hellboy regenerating from being turned to dust and having his heart ripped out? Was he resurrected? Without context, that feat is hard to evaluate.
He might've resurrected. It was probably just his earthly body that was reduced to dust.

I don't think that we need more agreement to apply the regeneration. It seems uncontroversial to me.

Back