• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hellboy (Franchise) Revision Thread #2.5 | Hellboy's Inner Demon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost of the links to imgur in the "With Equipment" section of the P&A section are broken and lead to nothing.

Damaging Giant Roger doesn't work as AP, since Hellboy is much smaller than him and the attacks with which he harms him can't be proven to be equal to Roger's AP.

Everything related to City Block level+ in his second key is wrong because of this:
Koshchei's rating, and Hellboy's by scaling, is wrong.
8-B is the energy required to create a forest (likely the energy all those tree need to grow to a certain size) but that's different from the force the trees generate when they come out of the ground and hit Koshchei, and we aren't even accounting surface area.
The whole comparison is wrong anyway, the calc assumes a 1.23 acres area for the forest, and that bunch of trees shown by the comics isn't that wide.

His third key should just be Large Town level, because the 7-A+ end was rejected.

Spinosaurus's question in this calc has to be addressed.

I'm iffy to compare the electric gun Hellboy reacts to to a real life Tesla Coil Gun, unless there are evidences to prove they work in the same way.

All the links to external respect threads should be removed because they aren't allowed on the wiki anymore.

I will soon check the scans in his intelligence and weakness sections.

@SamanPatou Thank you for your input. I do wanna mention a few things, though:
Everything related to City Block level+ in his second key is wrong because of this:
To be fair, we're not gonna be using the forest blog in order to scale Koshchei to it; I'm planning on scaling Koshchei to Hellboy's physicals such as his durability and speed otherwise. I merely put it in there for a description of the energy Vasilisa's Comb needed to create the forest.
Damaging Giant Roger doesn't work as AP, since Hellboy is much smaller than him and the attacks with which he harms him can't be proven to be equal to Roger's AP.
Can we still use the energy Roger needed to destroy that building, though? I wanted to give some more instances of Hellboy possessing Large Building level durability due to taking in Giant Roger's attacks.

So which Hellboy calculations, that we can use for scaling, have been accepted recently?

To be fair, we're not gonna be using the forest blog in order to scale Koshchei to it; I'm planning on scaling Koshchei to Hellboy's physicals such as his durability and speed otherwise. I merely put it in there for a description of the energy Vasilisa's Comb needed to create the forest.
It doesn't matter, because if you aren't using the blog, then you shouldn't put the thing 8-A, but the forest isn't that big anyway.

Can we still use the energy Roger needed to destroy that building, though? I wanted to give some more instances of Hellboy possessing Large Building level durability due to taking in Giant Roger's attacks.
You mean Hellboy withstanding hits from Roger? That is fine, because Hellboy is about the size of Roger's fist, so he should be hit with enough force to be compared to Roger's AP, I think.

@SamanPatou Okay, so how does this look now?
Some things still need scans, notably: Resistance to Fire and Electricity, Supernatural Willpower (without context this line is meaningless has repeatedly rejected his destiny to bring the apocalypse), Stealth Mastery, Damage Boost and Reduction and these from his Prince of Hell form Fire Manipulation, likely Awakened Power, Explosion Manipulation, Size-Shifting,, resistance to Fire.

The following items could use an explanation in the Standard equipment section: Mohlomi's Bell, Resurrection Amulet, Right Hand of Doom. Arbutus, Vasilisa's Comb, Vasilisa's Handkerchief and Agrippa's Charm.

Lastly, at some point references should absolutely be added.

And which ones still need to be evaluated?
Abaddon, Mex and CloverDragon's doubts in this blog must be addressed with scans.
This is waiting for an update accordingly to the people who have commented, like Jasonsith.

@SamanPatou Which places do you suggest I put references?

Besides the update, is the AP for Roger destroying the building still fine to use?
You put this template right above the "Others" section.
==References==
{{scroll box|content={{reflist}}}}

This bit reflist can be edited to have more columns, like this {{reflist|2}}}}

Then next to every scan you put this <ref name=Codename of the reference>Name of the reference/issue/volume etc...</ref>

Example: "bom2"
Example: Books of Magic Vol 1 2

Then, if you use something from an same issue that has already been reference, you put this next to that scan: <ref name=Codename of the reference/>

You can check some of our comic book profiles to see an example of how Hellboy's profile should look like in this regard.

Besides the update, is the AP for Roger destroying the building still fine to use?
Yes, as long as we determine his overall AP via GBE or whatever

Possibly limited necromancy, but I do not think that we have an entirely fitting power for what you just described.

The scan where he actually summons the army isn't there, and seeing it would help with the context.
Anyway, necromancy should work, at least according to what you describe.

And excalibur as optional equipment should be fine.

@Antvasima @SamanPatou Okay, so it's just a greater form of necromancy? Alright.

Also, for the sake of organization, should I divide the Stamina, Range, and Intelligence sections to match each key?

Only if the statistics in question differ significantly between the different states. The Range statistic should probably be split for example.

There; it's finally done. So, what does everyone think?
I don't see why he would have resistance to fire and electricity, he got hit and survived, but it doesn't seem he has actually resisted.

Resistance to illusions needs more context, that scan just ends with him waking up.

Why would rejecting his destiny be supernatural willpower?

Why are the silver buttons listed as Powernull? They set an undead on fire, which is a different power. Also, the scan attached to Mholomi's bell doesn't show anything at all.
The Magic Shovel seems more to be heat manip or deconstruction, but could you provide more context about it? Some scan explaining what it is, what it does and such.

The scan for the Arbutus seems ok as a starting point, but you also have to show it in action, and same goes for Agrippa's Charm.

Can he really control his size as a Prince of Hell? It just seems that he reverted the transformation upon breaking the horns.

Can you show more of his Prince of Hell form actively manipulating fire? He just seems to fight while surrounded in flames.

I don't think the sub.relativistic speed applies to travel speed, unless he can actually perform a sustained run at that speed, or at least more than a simple movement that covers a short distance meant to dodge something fast.

In this calc you should answer Executor's question, as I believe he has misinterpreted the feat.

His range should have a value for his physical range, I guess it'd be standard melee but who knows,

Excalibur isnt featured in the P&A section, and you should also show him summoning the undead army.
Also, some of the items described in the P&A section aren't listed neither as standard nor optional equipment.

Everything else should be fine.

Thank you for helping out.

The draft needs to be adjusted according to Saman's instructions then. After that it can probably be applied.

Looks good, I only have a few more things to say:

His travel speed in Prince of Hell form should be Hypersonic+, since it's been calculated.

Is there a scan showing him summoning the undead army?

Didn't you say he only had excalibur for a while? Does it really count as standard equipment instead of optional?

In the fire resistance scans he has full horns. Is he still in base or is it the Prince of Hell form?

@SamanPatou Alright, here we are! Now, can we give Hellboy Supersonic travel speed due to him avoiding Roger's punch, as Roger possesses Supersonic speed here?
No, this still counts as reaction speed.

Anyway, everything seems fine now, though, if I can advance one more thing, I'd say his resistance to illusion should be "possibly" since it might have been turned off bythe one who cast it in the first place.
And, still if possible, you should add further scans of what happens when Hellboy unsheates Excalibur, if he summons the army or if more details about it are provided.

@SamanPatou Okay, now it should be done.
And, still if possible, you should add further scans of what happens when Hellboy unsheates Excalibur, if he summons the army or if more details about it are provided.
Well, I couldn't really find any scans of him summoning armies of the undead or whatnot...at least not yet; that's why I put "possible" before the summoning part.

Anyway, can the changes be added now?

Last edited:
I made some adjustments. It seems fine to copy and paste into our official Hellboy profile page now.

What do the rest of you think?

Thank you. Is it fine if we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back