• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How is base Luffy large island level+ ?

Title says it all, how did you guys came up with base Luffy being island lvl when he has never shown to be even near that caliber even in his gear 2 mode.

ScarletFirefly said:
I think it's from him contesting Fujitora, though I could be wrong.
Yeah but he didn't contest with the meteors did he? And how is Admiral Fujitora High 6-C anyway. I noticed that alot of One Piece feats aren't on the wiki, but on that naruto forums and some people, like myself, can't access it.

I don't remember the whole thing that well but I'll notify CinCameron about this, I'm sure he can explain it better.

"Base Luffy" has never fought Fujitora anyway seeing as he had Gear 3 and Haki active during that brief fight.

They count gear 2 + 3 luffy as base on here, and fujitora would be obviously be high 6-C by default just for being an admiral, he also stopped a kick from doflamingo and stopped law from moving

I'm going to make an unnecessarily long post to explain this, since i've been asked this like 3 times so far.

All of the pages you guys questioned have calculations or scaling to justify their statistics.

Fujitora -> 6-B Environmental Destruction via Meteorites, High 6-C stats for laying the smackdown on Law, and being comparable to Doflamingo.

Doflamingo -> High 6-C because of his threads being strong enough to apply such energy against Fujitora's largest meteorite, and being capable of fighting characters who are strong enough to bust his threads, even when infused with haki (it's been agreed that his Awakened threads at least are = or possibly > to his Bird Cage threads, especially when we factor in haki).

Luffy -> Base, 2nd, and Gear 3rd are practically the same stat-wise at this point, and it would only make his Dressrosa and Wholecake descriptions twice as long if we included Gear 2nd and 3rd, and amount to nothing considering that the stats are literally the same. He's taken hits from Doflamingo, and broke his threads even while in base and could hard Doflamingo himself, even if the best thing he's done was make Doflamingo hack up some blood. He also managed to hold his own against Fujitora, and took a hit from him with nothing to show for it.

The stats on his page clearly say:

Tier: Likely High 6-C in Base, higher with gears, at least High 6-C with Gear 4th | Likely High 6-C in base, at least High 6-C with Gear 4th

I don't remember if I included "higher with gears" but even so, that doesn't mean "Low 6-B" with gears. "higher" is often used to suggest a character is stronger than placed.

For example: Luffy in Base has to be at the very least High 6-C in Base since he is strong enough to harm the likes of Doflamingo, who is high-up in that tier, otherwise it would make little sense by a plot-standpoint. in his Gears, we already know that his attacks are bolstered to some degree.

Gear 4th is something we saw actually lay the smack-down on Doflamingo's durability, and his thread durability, so we could already scale that DIRECTLY to Doflamingo's stats. Base Luffy could also hurt Doflamingo some-what, so he's listed as "Likely High 6-C" for that simple fact.

Does this make sense? I may have seemed very confusing at some point because I woke up 30 minutes ago and finished a phone-call.

Also, just FYI... High 6-C tiers come from Doflamingo's Bird-cage slicing up Fujitora's 6-B meteorite. Before I hear a couple of you EVER say Bird-Cage is 6-B again like from that Versus thread (you KNOW who you are), his Bird-Cage is HIGH 6-C.

We all agreed that Doflamingo's Bird-Cage being stronger than his haki-infused/Awakened threads was a ridiculous argument, especially since he can conjure up such level of threads just as casually as, say, Goshikito (Pentachromatic Threads, his basic attack). Saying he can't just summon up threads of the caliber on the fly despite Bird-Cage being casually summoned from a Black Knight is very contradicting.

Back