• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How does hax work in Dragon Ball?

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Basically the title.

I heard people say that in Dragon Ball, if you are stronger than your opponent, you'll resist their hax and stuff. But is that a weakness to the Hax, or just how ki works in general?

Wdym by "Not everything"? Isn't hax in general meant to ignore AP and such? Because in Dragon Ball, it seems that if you are stronger than your opponent, you resist their hax. What I wanna know, is if that's a weakness of the haxs in Dragon Ball, or because having more Ki than your opponent gives you resistances to their powers?

Not something that's accepted here and probably never will or should be, few reasons;

1. It's not something that's actually acknowledged within the verse globally, it has been referenced in regards to some characters such as Hit, but that's a specific weakness for that character and not a general verse thing
2. There are lots of times hax worked on stronger characters in Dragon Ball
3. The idea itself is kinda ridiculous, being honest.

about this I have a theory ... hax do work on those stronger than the user. after an X number of times your opponent is stronger and more resistant than you are greater the chances of him developing resistance to your Hax or creating a countermeasure (goku versus hit was not the greatest power, but the greatest speed)

Dragon Ball isn't that haxxy, but I'm pretty sure the haxes in Dragon Ball can be overpowered by AP.

I believe this is a weakness of the hax rather than a resistance for the user, as the same hax coming from someone stronger than them still affects them

Whenever someone with great strength/ki supply (remember that AP isn't a real thing outside of the wiki) is resistent to certain alteration inducing effects, or instead the hax is less effective when the target has more strength/ki than the user is relative.

Isn't AP just the name the wiki use to describe the physical strengrh of a character? Like how much damage they can deal?

Physical strength? no, we have Striking Strength for that, Damage? in principle it does, but is not always the case.

As for the main topic, one may say that the character from DB do not resist stuff by AP, as there's few haxxes that can affect the characters despite the strength difference; in the other hand, one also may say that those powers that affected the strong characters are just more powerful than the other kind of hax, so is relative.

As for the main topic, one may say that the character from DB do not resist stuff by AP, as there's few haxxes that can affect the characters despite the strength difference; in the other hand, one also may say that those powers that affected the strong characters are just more powerful than the other kind of hax, so is relative.
Hax usually affects the character regardless of durability (as it ignores durability) but if a hax is resisted because of AP then it should be a weakness of the hax itself

Its basically whatever the hell the writer wants
You can't practically say whether hax and raw power have some sort of linear relationship in dragon ball

I don't even honestly remember many examples of hax being overpowered by AP in dragon ball.Hit's case was an exception because in his case if you can overpower his pocket dimension you can break free from his hax

Buu's transmutation doesn't work against stronger beings such as Vegito. And Hakai also fails against weaker beings, such as Toppo's hakai being resisted by Vegeta, or Gods of Destruction resisting each others Hakai.

Buu's transmutation worked fine, Vegito was still turned into a candy, he just retained his power and conciousness, but he didn't actually resist the transmutation.

There are examples of hax not working on stronger characters, but again, there are also multiple examples of hax working on stronger characters.

He has resistance because he retained his consciousness and power like I said, he was still transmuted into candy though.

He has resistance because he retained his consciousness and power like I said, he was still transmuted into candy though.
If he still got turned to candy, he shouldn't have resistance to transmutation. It would be a kind of awkward resistance, where he only resist being knocked unconscious by the transmutation, but not the power itself

DBS also have hakai

Candy Beam failed against Vegito, Petrification spit only worked on weaker beings (as seen with Future Trunks deflecting Future Dabura's spits, and he destroyed Dabura) and Clothes Beam isn't combat applicable at all.

Not ceetain about the Carrot thing since I didn't watched much of the OG Dragon Ball, but I'm pretty sure it was used on one of the weaker character

Yeah, that. I'm pretty sure it only worked on Krillin and Gohan, who were weaker than him anyway. Vegeta just sliced his head off despite his time stop
Guldo needs to hold his breath to activate his power and is really ****** weak otherwise. I think even Gohan had a higher power level than him at the time so he can't really do anything with his timestop

Guldo wasn't using time freeze when Vegeta cut off his head, and no, both Krillin and Gohan were clearly far superior to him since he was barely even able to follow their movements.

You can not overpower hax in Dragon Ball just by being stronger than it I honestly hate how far this stigma has gotten.

Devilman,Guldo,Frieza,Buu,Ginyu,etc have proven this.

Even Hakai only working on weaker characters I would say is wrong. Because Goku should be erased by Sidra than.

Actually there are some hax that you can overpower - like Hit's Time Skip and some whose effects you can mitigate - like Buu's transmutation
Hit is more about speed besides the manga it's never stated not to work on stronger characters. Buu would more something with Vegito. Either way it's not some rule in the DB series like many believe

You can not overpower hax in Dragon Ball just by being stronger than it I honestly hate how far this stigma has gotten.

Even Hakai only working on weaker characters I would say is wrong. Because Goku should be erased by Sidra than.
Ginyu is an exception. But Buu's transmutation is (partially) resisted by stronger beings such as Vegito and Xeno Trunks, and as for Sidra's hakai, he didn't used anything close to his full power, and Goku wss about to get erased if it weren't for Beerus coming to save him.

Later we see Toppo use hakai and Vegeta resisting it with SSJBE. Also Jiren defeating his GoD implies Belmod's hakai doesn't work on him

Ginyu is an exception. But Buu's transmutation is (partially) resisted by stronger beings such as Vegito and Xeno Trunks, and as for Sidra's hakai, he didn't used anything close to his full power, and Goku wss about to get erased if it weren't for Beerus coming to save him.

Later we see Toppo use hakai and Vegeta resisting it with SSJBE. Also Jiren defeating his GoD implies Belmod's hakai doesn't work on him
It's never been directly stated that Jiren defeated Belmod

How is Ginyu a exception I gave more examples than just him he's the rule. Why is xeno trunks even being mention. As you said yourself the beam still worked Vegito was just able to keep he's strength and speed but he couldn't even use he's energy attacks or turn himself back. also Buu absorption works on stronger enemies.
" Sidra didn't use anywhere close to he's power" alright and? Are you saying he wasn't trying to get rid of Goku/Frieza? So why did he give it to the assassins in the first place?
"Goku was about to get erased " base on what exactly? Because he was tried ? He was trying to do the same Frieza did and condense it only he wasn't stronger enough actually he wasn't even strong enough to move the attack was clearly to much for him to handle which is resistance sense he survived it.
We have no idea how the fight with Jiren and Belmond went

Devilman is to be proven. Vegeta mentioned that guldo' was physically weak but has strong psychic powers, that's a feat from guldo not an anti feat for the others. Buu isn't an example, his beam worked on people weaker than himself, Ginyu was comparable to base form goku from Namek saga (proceed to swap with that same base goku not kaioken), irrelevant examples. You can claim that hakai works on people weaker, but hax is still hax, existence erasure is existence erasure.

Last edited:
Goku breaking Hit's Time stop technique by simply powering up (anime, in case anyone is wondering) is about as blatant as it gets

Back