• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How does freezing interact with regen?

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
This isn't referring to the eternity manipulation of Touhou characters, but rather freezing involving Ice Manipulation

What level of Regenerationn does freezing negate? Anyone up to High gets frozen but people with Low Godly can regenerate out of it?

On top of this, can someone break out of comparable freezing through sheer AP alone?

Thank you

Assuming that freezing works as real freezing and not as the harmless one, its means that the user can induce rigor mortis, cells "moves" slower (thus slowing regen) and flesh and tissue became fragile (actually applicable to any material). As dor what level of regen negate it depends of how much temperature it can decrease, Absolute Zero for example should be able to at least slow down High regen.

I wasn't refering to Absolute Zero in that instance. Heat occur due atoms being in motion, they move slowly then colder the environment becomes. AZ completely stop atoms motions, so High would have difficults regenerating, at the very least.

I agree with antoniofer with his reasoning. I pretty much had the same idea on that matter. Depends on the level of freezing because I don't see how u should Regen if your frozen

Say just normal freezing, like your whole body is frozen.

I assume Freezing is useless against Low Godly obv

Is difficult to determinate, some attack may freeze several people at once but they do not cause damage. Attack should act like real ice (more like lacks of heat), or just an statement about it temperature since just being able to freeze being with high AP do not work.

Yes, conventional freezing do not affect Low Godly, not even Absolute Zero (although, I guess if someone is frozen it would be unable to regen its body, character should be able to recreate a new body in order to escape from its effects).

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Question, what kind of regen do you need to survive Sub-Zero's freezing? He touches you and you turn into ice.
Don't known much about the character, but just freezing pretty fast do not make the attack Absolute Zero (using real physics, it would be temperatures below AZ in order to freeze in an instant). Also, try to not confuse freezing with transmutation (I known Sub-Zero don't do that but just to take that into account).

I believe the only way for any Regen to be active if your not frozen to the core. Literally If your frozen to the bone then Regen shouldn't be able to work

Welp, when I said conventional is that has the properties of real freezing, even tho Absolute Zero is impossible to reach it has its supports; several times in fiction freezing works just like a paralysis inducement with no additional effects caused by low temperatures.

Antoniofer said:
Welp, when I said conventional is that has the properties of real freezing, even tho Absolute Zero is impossible to reach it has its supports; several times in fiction freezing works just like a paralysis inducement with no additional effects caused by low temperatures.
You can't AZ somebody without magic tho, so the difference is minimal

Eh, magic is not a requeriment for AZ, and we generally do not care about how a character can do X, just how it works.

Antoniofer said:
Eh, magic is not a requeriment for AZ, and we generally do not care about how a character can do X, just how it works.
I mean magic or science fantasy, You can't AZ throug convection/conduction/radiation. But anyway this is getting out of topic now there are 2 of them

Godly regens should be fine. Just rwmake a body like you already do. High should be safe as well, as that's smaller than just cells.

Absolute Zero affects up to High, but that do not means that those with Low-Godly and above are unaffected, as long they have a physical body they can be frozen.

And yes, Meta Freezing is a thing.

Schnee One said:
Is higher dimensional freezing a thing?
What does that mean? A "freezing" that works on Higher-D beings? In what way?

If it's just "sorrounding them by ice", then a character can break aout of it with sheer AP. And have you ever seen a Higher-D being dying from cold temperatures?

Antoniofer said:
Don't known much about the character, but just freezing pretty fast do not make the attack Absolute Zero (using real physics, it would be temperatures below AZ in order to freeze in an instant). Also, try to not confuse freezing with transmutation (I known Sub-Zero don't do that but just to take that into account).
He doesn't transmute you into to ice, I completely forgot about that. He deep freezes you to the point that you become brittle enough to be shattered.

If temperature still exists on a higher dimensional scale it should be possible. We just have nearly everyone up there as some sort of non corporeal god.

Not sure if freezing that worked on higher dimensional would really do much more than regular freezing though.

@Gar

Not higher D, just higher end....Although I'm sure that's a thing somewhere....in fact, you just gave me an idea for a power in my verse...ƒÿÅ

@Woki

"Godly regens should be fine. Just rwmake a body like you already do. High should be safe as well, as that's smaller than just cells."

That's the thing, I can't think of a godly regen character who has been shown to just recreate a entire body like that (Based on regen).

But I don't really know a lot of godly regen characters in the first place....IDK, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

Destiny Hive Gods, Destiny Guardians, ressurectors, some Warhammer characters, MTG demons, Nicol Bolas, to name a few.

Take into account that not all Low-Godly or higher regen can simply re-create a body without being "killed" first, their essence should leave their physical body before recreating (or possessing) a new one. Although, with AZ character is certainly to "die" unless it has someone kind of immunity or its immortality do not allow him to do it.

Freezing is usually lethal.

AZ -> High regen

Lower freezing -> mid high

"Higher" freezing (because lolfiction) -> low godly I guess

AZ ignore/negate High regen, however we do not known how determinate "Lower Freezing", first we need to find real values of magnitudes for references (for example, at X C degrees below 0 cells becomes fragile and shatter), and second we need to known the temperature of what the character freeze (generally never stated, so most of the time is use references, like freezing water, air or alcohol).

Meta Freezing is not necessary mortal, but someone could for example "freeze time" and time stopping, "freeze emotions" and gain empathic immunity or even "freeze death" turning itself immortal.

I feel like freezing is one of the best ability on taking Down many characters with high Regen, immortality, high durability, and speed-like characters (example: Captain cold counter to flash speed with AZ cold field) but like yungmanzi stated fiction treat freezing like glass covering your top layer skin with no damage. I understand it's fiction but at least show some type of discomfort when breaking out of being frozen

Icezer00 said:
I believe the only way for any Regen to be active if your not frozen to the core. Literally If your frozen to the bone then Regen shouldn't be able to work
What about people who can regenerate from existence erasure?

The God Of Procrastination said:
What about people who can regenerate from existence erasure?
People who can regenerate from existence erasure can't reform because they are frozen, incase in ice and not destroyed in a way like fire that incinerate your body. But to tell you the truth I don't see how someone can come back from existence erasure because u have nothing to Regen from. Your molecules are destroyed to nothing. Nothing is left

If this actually works as real freezing then they physical bodies would shatter and then destroyed; after that, they would be able to regen and recreate a new body once again.

Antoniofer said:
If this actually works as real freezing then they physical bodies would shatter and then destroyed; after that, they would be able to regen and recreate a new body once again.
I agree after the broken frozen pieces have melted then the body can be recreated but if the body is still in a frozen state even shattered I don't see how they can regenerate especially if it's in a cold area.

Ice can slow down decay and can kill. Based on how powerfull your Regenerationn is it can either stop your Regenerationn/dying body in its tracks which i guess is another way of freezing your body in time. If the regen is more powerful, the ice will slow it down. If it takes an hour to regenerate a leg, the ice will cause it take a month or a day or anything longer than an hour.

Back