• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

Umineko is genuinly bloody fantastic.
Meh
Umineko is extremely layered and thematically rich but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone would find it to be good. The pacing is horrendous so I find it hard to recommend.

Then again it's probably better than all other 1-A verses.

Meh
Umineko is extremely layered and thematically rich but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone would find it to be good. The pacing is horrendous so I find it hard to recommend.

Then again it's probably better than all other 1-A verses.
xcept for cthulhu mythos and twin peaks. Stuff's legendary

Hmm
To add a hot take of my own:

Visual novels suck in general. Almost an entire genre plagued by trash pacing and padded writing.

Hmm
To add a hot take of my own:

Visual novels suck in general. Almost an entire genre plagued by trash pacing and padded writing.
Aye. Out of many visual novels, the only one I remotely enjoyed a bit was Katawa Shoujo, and The Song of Saya, everything else was just a chore.

Well haven't played those. But if Danganronpa is like YTTD then it's probably more concise.
YTTD gets a lot of Danganronpa comparisons and I kinda get that but Danganronpa isn’t nearly as open in terms of routes. No matter what decisions you make the story advances the same, whereas in YTTD you can outright change what characters survive by doing certain things, you can unlock endings in the over-world by really screwing up too

YTTD gets a lot of Danganronpa comparisons and I kinda get that but Danganronpa isn’t nearly as open in terms of routes. No matter what decisions you make the story advances the same, whereas in YTTD you can outright change what characters survive by doing certain things, you can unlock endings in the over-world by really screwing up too
Don’t get me wrong Danganronpa is >>>> but that’s just because it’s a masterpiece of fiction, YTTD is really good too

nerd-emoji-nerd.gif

It's a good thing humans don't have claws and sharp fangs like other animals do, since it greatly decreases the chances of hurting/killing ourselves in infighting as animals who live in very large groups, not to mention the chances of hurting yourself and others by accident since we all know how children are.

Peak john wall>Peak russ and kyrie
mcu thor>mcu strange wanda and carol
blue bird isnt a top 10 naruto opening
lebron>jordan

Resident Evil 7 is a good game and the theme is extremely interesting. However, the horror is so predictable that after 2 hours of play you completely lose your fear and it all becomes an adventure game instead of a horror game.
speak for yourself I can't play that in the dark

Back