• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot takes thread, safer edition

Homework is a good idea in small doses but schools take it wayyy too far. Still, it should exist

Uniforms are far worse
Homework only works if you're preparing for something extremely important.

On any other occasion, it's a shit idea.

Also, I shouldn't be having school 5 days out of the week.

It should be a 4 day school week with a half day on Friday, homework given throughout the week but none given on the Half-Day (Friday)

No uniform

It should be a 4 day school week with a half day on Friday, homework given throughout the week but none given on the Half-Day (Friday)

No uniform
Limited homework given throughout the week*

I also disagree on having half a day on Friday. Just let everyone have off.

I don't like how I can't tell a guy who talks to much to shut the **** up without feeling like an ass.
I usually do it with the homies.

Especially if bros voice is annoying asf to listen to and he starts stuttering and shit. Definitely makes me, as well as everyone else, laugh their ass off lol.

But yeah, doing it to someone I don't know like that makes you come off as an ass.

Ah so I can tell my grandpa to shut the **** up and stop talking about his childhood everytime we drive by a place he vaguely remembers from when he was 15-

Unrelated hot take:

I think part of the reason Touhou is so downplayed (mainly in terms of hax) is because people do not fundamentally understand the basis of the series. A lot of what makes the verse so overpowered is drawn from real-life spiritual, theological, and cosmological beliefs, because that's the point; Touhou is a world founded on the basis of antiquated beliefs being a reality, which means shit like reincarnation, soul dualism, and apophatic theology all exist, and can all be indexed here.

This isn't to say that ZUN is secretly a power scaler cheating the system or whatever, I just think real-world belief systems translated 1-to-1 to VSBW terminology are historically very OP (just look at Buddhism/Sun Wukong lol), and Touhou is a series where that sort of thing happens a lot across multiple belief systems (Shinto, Buddhism, and Taoism).

Unrelated hot take:

I think part of the reason Touhou is so downplayed (mainly in terms of hax) is because people do not fundamentally understand the basis of the series. A lot of what makes the verse so overpowered is drawn from real-life spiritual, theological, and cosmological beliefs, because that's the point; Touhou is a world founded on the basis of antiquated beliefs being a reality, which means shit like reincarnation, soul dualism, and apophatic theology all exist, and can all be indexed here.

This isn't to say that ZUN is secretly a power scaler cheating the system or whatever, I just think real-world belief systems translated 1-to-1 to VSBW terminology are historically very OP (just look at Buddhism/Sun Wukong lol), and Touhou is a series where that sort of thing happens a lot across multiple belief systems (Shinto, Buddhism, and Taoism).
Tbf that's the case with a lot of chinese novels as well. If we translated belief system 1-to-1, chinese novels will have a field day.

Tbf that's the case with a lot of chinese novels as well. If we translated belief system 1-to-1, chinese novels will have a field day.
Yeah but unlike Touhou, people don't have a problem with Chinese novels being OP 🗿

Cold take: VS Debating is not a healthy hobby.
I don't think it's that bad but it's VERY easy to get burnt out on. I'm trying to force myself to take a break from revisions for a couple months for that exact reason.

I don't think it's that bad but it's VERY easy to get burnt out on. I'm trying to force myself to take a break from revisions for a couple months for that exact reason.
Naw, it's pretty bad for your mental health from what I've seen.

It's a hobby that, from what I've seen, causes toxicity, hate, exhaustion, and causes people to lose interest in some of their favorite media just because of the fact that VS Debating/Battleboarding took them out of it. It should be a simple hobby but it isn't.

It's a hobby that, from what I've seen, causes toxicity, hate, exhaustion, and causes people to lose interest in some of their favorite media just because of the fact that VS Debating/Battleboarding took them out of it. It should be a simple hobby but it isn't.
Yup 100% agree with this and the sad truth is within the Vs community this is all relatively tame negative behaviour that Vs debating has triggered, I've see people literally commit crimes (from threatening real life assault to blackmail) all thanks to taking fiction way beyond too far and that's just from one hobby.

There is some psychoanalyst about this subject but I won't go into the specific cases on the wiki for very obvious and sensitive reasons, we need to move on and try to improve ourselves afterall.

Like, I can concede on Prime Wall > Prime Russ, but not too sure on Prime Wall < Prime Kyrie.
peak for peak kyrie is a better scorer but wall isn't TOO far behind meanwhile wall is WAYYY better on defense and as a playmaker. Also his track record as the #1 guy is better

Biggie isnt a top 10 rapper. People only gas him because he's from brooklyn; ice spice is better then him
5mwo5q.png

Back