• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Honkai Impact 3rd

Zogging finally. Have been waiting for long now for someone to make HI3 profiles in here. Waiting on Seele and Theresia because my favorite Valkyries uwu

Probably no, The Core could help them from annihilated on Spiritual level but the physical is required for vessel or use much energy to materialize their physical form if i not mistook.

>2A GGZ

That's a first I've heard out of this series.

Even if it's legit, it still needs to be proven that GGZ is connected to HI3. I haven't had much luck in that search, plus in the middle of finishing a translation of a book I'm doing atm, but it's anyone's worth if they can find it somehow.

@Diinou: I have the same thought for Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. We've only got the tituliar-ish MC herself but no other chars nor even a verse page ;-;

Point.

That's likely due to no one having made a profile or even verse page of HI3 yet.

I'd actually help out if I wasn't invested so much on one of my particular series rn, though it's admittiedly hard to follow up on the verse anyways cuz of occasional lag...there might come a time to get back into it later.

Qliphoth Bacikal said:
Even if it's legit, it still needs to be proven that GGZ is connected to HI3.
Sirin, she's our ticket to proving this.

[If you are playing/actually looking through GGZ, don't read this]

Spoiler
Sirin was born as the "Herrscher of the End", whom is the ultimate big bad in the "Old World" (GGZ), and is responsible of creating the "New World" (HI3) when she destroyed and reset reality after defeating Mei (the last one standing at that moment).As to where I found this, it's on her Villains Wiki page by someone who has done an incredible amount of work detailing her appearances in both GGZ and HI3 - in fact it's the guy's favourite villain lol
For actual, physical evidence, I'm fairly certain HoTE appears in a HI3 manga iirc, I'm fairly certain this image right here is in one of them.

HoTE

Don't want to have to keep hiding everything behind a spoiler, so is anyone in here into GGZ that hasn't played it to the end?

Spoiler
At the end of GGZ, we see HotE and Herrscher Mei conversing to one another, with the final scene being where Mei used some piece of unknown tech to seal Kiana on the moon (which is revealed in a HI3 manga), but not before she starts recreating the world with parallel versions of everyone so that she could eventually finish what she started in the New World.
This would mean that the "Honkai God" on the moon that Sirin and Otto sees in the 2nd Eruption manga in HI3 would be GGZ HotE.
HotE4
God Kiana resets everything upon Mei's defeat

HotE5
Dr. Mei and God Kiana from GGZ in HI3: 2nd Herrscher

HotE6
Sirin talking to her past-self (GGZ HotE) as well as revealing how Dr. Mei managed to force God Kiana to reset everything

HotE1
Scan from HI3: 2nd Herrscher confirming that HotE did wipe out everything

Alright, so after talking with Genks on the matter, we presented several ideas that I think everyone here should see and give their opinions on.

Please note that we think that HotE from GGZ and HotE from HI3 are two seperate people, the ideas below should help explain why.

After the chat, it was pointed out that a few elements in HI3 didn't match up with GGZ:

Spoiler

Mei in the HI3 timeline (Old World) wasn't the last one standing like she was in GGZ.
In HI3 the last survivors were the MANTISes, which would include Kevin Kaslana and Fu Hua. 2. HotE, unlike her GGZ counterpart,
Spoiler

didn't reset everything, but instead resetting civilisation overall instead.
This explains why there are records, leftovers and hell even people to tell the tale from the "Old Civilsation" in the first place in HI3, which after another look, makes far more sense than following the GGZ approach.
So what am I trying to get at exactly?

Well, we both came down to thinking that perhaps for the profiles, we should split up the HI3 and GGZ counterparts into seperate profiles, but now we're down to one problem (which I'm hoping we can all come together to form an opinion on): If we're going to be doing this, what should the overall name of the verse be? Honkai Gakuen or Honkai Impact?

So basically GGZ and HI3 don't quite match up with what lore of each say of each other right? History-wise I mean.

In that case, it might be best to have them separate if there are inconsistencies for sure.

@Witch: That could work? IDK if there ever was a collective names for those two but I've seen a tag on Danbooru (yeaH~) of one called "Honkai (Series)". Don't quite think that's good enough though but it can be another suggestion. Honkai Girlz is a pretty interesting name since it at least acknowledges HI3's predecessor.

Hmm could work, although when I think of using the names of a creator (like Nasu or Masada) or that of a company/publisher/developer (don't think I've seen that last one used yet?), I assume that includes making pages for all other series/products.

It's what came down for naming the What a Beautiful Series, since using the creator's name (Hikaru Sakurai) for the verse would imply we're making stuff from all their other works. Same thing with using the publisher name (in this case like Sakurai, Liar-soft).

Edit: It's also, yet again, the same if we went for Steampunkverse as that implies we're doing a genre verse. Not the actual series itself that's often called Steampunk series by the fans.

But idk. Overall, it's up to what the naming of the verse will be like. Though I will say that might be important to make first and then come back to doing the character profiles? Whichever way works or is convenient for everyone else here.

Back