• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homura Akemi Vs Madoka Kaname

Okay... are you seriously? We using the highest form of the characters in a VS Thread and already I find it petty annoying it got brutually derailed by saying a lot of off topic ones and unwanted attention to unneeded topics.

What are you talking about. What derailing and unneeded topics?

Akuma Homura is Homura's highest form. And it's power is derived from the captured piece of Goddess Madoka, which is Madoka's highest form. This captured piece is described as "a tiny sliver" or "a mere fragment", depending on your translation and medium. Obviously if they are both at their peaks, Madoka is far stronger than Homura.

That doesn't mean one character is stronger than another. @Monarch It was you who brought about this logic on that one on the assumption they aren't nearly comparable or not complete equal to one another thus the confusion that was brought upon this particular thread. Two, Madoka > Homura is not a thing especially with the fact they will still be comparable in power even if it is a simple statement of a actual feat.

I probably should shut my mouth as at this point I am completely annoyed as well.

The Votes are 1-3 Madoka is still winning,I believe what @Monarch is trying to say is that Akuma Homura's power is only a tiny piece of Goddess Madoka's, as in if you were to take a slice of of something that slice would not be as big as the whole, and its explicitly stated that Akuma Homura only took a tiny sliver of Goddess Madoka's power, which would logically make Goddess Madoka more powerful than Akuma Homura.

@Monarch The fact she done the feat casually and without any struggles kinda make it obvious. Ignoring the haxs for Madoka and Homura kinda make that logic of yours a moot point. In addition they are still equal to one another regardless of power levels. I do find power levels are just excuses as they aren't considered for the most part. In addition the fact there isn't a power level system in the verse from what I guessed make it very irrelevant as well. Always consistency still play a part of this as well.

@Monarch There is no offical way to measure a character's "power level" especially if it comes to the Tier 2s characters. I will appreciate if this topic was dropped as the more we think about it, the more complicated it gets.

Sans With Shades said:
@Monarch The fact she done the feat casually and without any struggles kinda make it obvious
What feat are you referring to? The multiversal re-write was casual on both their parts.

Ignoring the haxs for Madoka and Homura kinda make that logic of yours a moot point.
What? Did you mean to say something along the lines of "Homura's hax make my logic a moot point"

Homura's hax in this form haven't even been seen apart from memory manipulation (Reality Warping at this level is not hax). And Sayaka is an 8-A who was able to resist this memory manipulation for a few minutes, so saying that will be effective on someone of greater power is ridiculous.

In addition they are still equal to one another regardless of power levels.
Wait What
Wait what?

I do find power levels are just excuses as they aren't considered for the most part. In addition the fact there isn't a power level system in the verse from what I guessed make it very irrelevant as well. Always consistency still play a part of this as well.
What are you even talking about. No one else has mentioned power levels. What is not consistent?

Ahhh oh bother... Me and my own stupid big mouth.... Just quit the trolling here. @Monarch I don't honestly believe you so don't play all "dumb" on me as you know.

Sans With Shades said:
@Monarch There is no offical way to measure a character's "power level" especially if it comes to the Tier 2s characters. I will appreciate if this topic was dropped as the more we think about it, the more complicated it gets.
There is literally nothing complicated about this. I've literally told you again and again, and given you links to the statements, that Homura only has a tiny fraction of Goddess Madoka's power.

Let me put it to you this way. I have 10 cupcakes at my "highest form". You then take one of those cupcakes and reach your "highest form". I then get another cupcake to return me to my "highest form". Who has more cupcakes?

At least last time my blood pressure rose this high over a vs thread my opponent actually had intelligent and well written arguments.

@Monarch Okay enough of this..... I meam seriously... Using the cupcake analogy isn't help prove your point like at all..... I trying to be reasonable, but if you kept suggesting and implying as such as Madoka > Homura. Can you stop this? I find it now Extremely Annoying.

I'm not implying or suggesting anything. I am explicitly stating, and showing proof that Goddess Madoka is more powerful than Devil Homura. You've yet to show any proof that Homura > Madoka

@Monarch Okay seriously I am getting tired on how you kept on the suggestion the opposite as they are equal in power. Honestly I should stop following this thread if I am extremely annoyed with this kind of attitude.

@Monarch I don't see how that Power Level argument works here. You don't make sense with the claims you made here on the very VS Thread here. Literally it is going in circles. Also I not convinced if what you say will be true as your opinion as well.

Your grammar is atrocious and makes it extremely difficult to even work out what the hell you are saying. But I'll try anyway.

Sans With Shades said:
@Monarch I don't see how that Power Level argument works here.
You don't see how Y character having only a fragment of X character's power means Y Character is objectively weaker than X character? Or you don't see how being stronger than your opponent works in a fight? Either way, maybe you shouldn't be doing VS debating then.

You don't make sense with the claims you made here on the very VS Thread here.
Quote the claims I've made that don't make sense.

Literally it is going in circles.
It hasn't even gone in circles, as that implies circular reasoning. I'm making and proving the same point, that you seem unable to understand or refute

Also I not convinced if what you say will be true as your opinion as well.
Not even going to bother with this one. Work on your grammar

Monarch Laciel said:
There can be a literal difference of infinity between the power of different 2-As. I'm not saying Homura isn't a "solid" 2-A. But she is weaker than Goddess Madoka

https://youtu.be/ufpmAQ7rtC8?t=1m21s
This is what I mean.... You are suggesting that no one is equal in power even with the tier they match in?

Okay not cool at all. I was trying to be nice, but that kind of reasoning make it even it confusing.

... Yeah I need to stop going at the Internet when inappropriate stuff is gonna be mentioned.

I actually give it to Madoka. If it came down to an actual fight, Homura is too in love to actually do something she thinks would hurt Madoka, while Madoka would probably think she's fighting Homura for the greater good (tho I doubt she'd WANT to hurt her too badly either)

Sans With Shades said:
Monarch Laciel said:
There can be a literal difference of infinity between the power of different 2-As. I'm not saying Homura isn't a "solid" 2-A. But she is weaker than Goddess Madoka

https://youtu.be/ufpmAQ7rtC8?t=1m21s
This is what I mean.... You are suggesting that no one is equal in power even with the tier they match in?
If one person can destroy an infinite amount of 4-D constructs (space-times) that are say, 1 year in time-length each, they are weaker than someone who can destroy an infinite amount of 4-D constructs that are 2 years in time-length.

It's called degrees of infinity. If I have an infinite amount of $50 notes, and you have an infinite amount of $10 notes, we both have infinite money, but my infinity is greater than yours.

And no I'm not suggesting that no one is equal in power even in the same tier. But between Madoka and Homura, there is a large difference

Homura's power comes from absolutely different source. She didn't steal Madoka's power, she took piece of law of cycles to recreate human Madoka (not to steal and use her abilities). Her power is her own power, she could split Madokami even before turning into devil. I don't know who would win in real battle, but in term of haxs Homura is far superior.

I agree with @Nsmch.

@Monarch Laciel has been saying that Madokami is vastly stronger than Akuma Homura due to taking a "tiny bit of Madoka". Yes, a 2-A can be infinitely stronger than another, but saying that Madoka is stronger due to Homura becoming 2-A by stealing a part of her is wrong. What she stole was not power, but human Madoka to keep for herself. She became 2-A at around the same time she stole that bit of Madoka, but not because she did so. Her power was her own, which, may i remind you, was what let base Homura boost Madoka to be able to even hit 2-A. If the battle was purely based on how powerful the characters were, and we were to use only Standard battle assumptions instead of purely in-character with death as the only win-condition, I would have voted Homura.

Back