• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Good morning/afternoon/evening to you lovely folks, I've come here to make a crt for hollow knight, this crt is going to be dealing with radiance and essence and all that jazz, but also dealing with a few things I have an issue with on the profiles
  • First off, nuking the light speed attack speed off her profile, we need proof that this is light that is going at light speed, see this page for the requirements otherwise, it is getting removed.
  • Next on the list is to nuke the unknown keys off the pages, they have no reason to be there, and if you want to scale them far higher, you are butters in disguise you should put an at least rating not just slapping an undeserved unknown on the profile because they scale above the cast but we don't know how far they scale above them well we could if someone calcs the Void Lord destroying Godhome but that would be a pain for me so I won't, we just know they do.
  • Next thing, changing the elemental intangibility to Immaterial intangibility and changing the justification too, as seen in this fight, here too, radiance does not turn into light but instead, essence
  • My next point, why do we not give radiance the usual, all previous abilities shtick in her true key, given that it is her power, and she spreads it through dreams so even if you say that it is stuff that she can only do in the real world, it still would be able to hit those who are in the dream world
  • Next, deciding on what to do with the knight's res, I want to delete it but well I would rather ask others about it
  • Range stuffs, firstly change the radiance's range to Varies (Based on host corrupted)|A few inches (Scaling to the knight as they can summon, launch and, attack at far longer ranges than them) Standard Melee range with laser barrages (Can reach from the top of her arena to the second-lowest layer of it, which is this long) Interdimensional via The Infection (Can infect bugs in hallownest from the dream realm)
  • And what I wanted to do was add stuff due to radiance being in control of all essence but since I can't find the statement that it is in control of the dream realm then I cant do this and would have to save it for later/when I can find the statement
  • Okay, so time one thing I want to add to this is giving dream warriors, spirits, and any dream beings (including the radiance and NKG) AE type 1 which by proxy gives them incorporeality based off of being a dream, based off on the fact that they are 1) they are literally dreams made out of the stuff that makes up dreams with that being essence, and warrior spirits are quite literally dreams taking the shape of those who have passed away as seen with seer's convo before you beat xeno, and 2) the dream world in general, given seer and the game itself describing the dream nail as something that can bypass the difference between dreams and the waking world, so if the dream world is as the name implies just, literal dreams, this makes everything inside the dream world ae 1, including the knight because we literally see them fall asleep to enter them and wake up when they die, bar the radiance fight, and more reason why the radiance should scale is that they share the property of when they get hit essence getting released, like the dream warriors and the Dreamers dream selves, and also attacks that use essence/are made out of it should be ae 1 too for being made out of essence.
Edit:So just remembered Seer also calls essence fragments of light which also qualifies for elemental intangibility so it stays and people who are made of it also get elemental instability along with the rest of the stuff
Edit2:Forgot this, giving void given focus interdimensional range via it breaking out of the dreamworld and messing the godseeker from within their dream + also leaving the dream without the use of the dream nail

Last edited:
First off, nuking the light speed attack speed off her profile, we need proof that this is actually light that is going at light speed, see this page for the requirements otherwise, it is getting removed.
yeah
Next on the list is ti nuke the unknown keys off the pages, they have no reason to be there, and if you want to scale them far higher, you are butters in disguise you should put an at least rating not just slapping an undeserved unknown on the profile because they scale above the cast but we don't know how far they scale above them well we could if someone calcs the Void Lord destroying Godhome but that would be a pain for me so I won't, we just know they do.
agreed
Next thing, changing the elemental intangibility to Immaterial intangibility and changing the justification too, as seen in this fight, here too, radiance does not turn into light but instead, essence
yea
My next point, why do we not give radiance the usual, all previous abilities shtick in her true key, given that it is literally her power, and she spreads it through dreams so even if you say that it is stuff that she can only do in the real world, it still would be able to hit those who are in the dream world
i can agree
Next, deciding on what to do with the knight's res, I personally want to delete it but well I would rather ask others about it
neutral
Range stuffs, firstly change the radiance's range to Varies (Based on host corrupted)|A few inches (Scaling to the knight as they can summon, launch and, attack at far longer ranges than them) Standard Melee range with laser barrages (Can reach from the top of her arena to the second-lowest layer of it, which is this long) Interdimensional via The Infection (Can infect bugs in hallownest from the dream realm)
hmm yeah
Okay, so time one thing I want to add to this is giving dream warriors, spirits, and any dream beings (including the radiance and NKG) AE type 1 which by proxy gives them incorporeality based off of being a dream, based off on the fact that they are 1) they are literally dreams made out of the stuff that makes up dreams with that being essence, and warrior spirits are quite literally dreams taking the shape of those who have passed away as seen with seer's convo before you beat xeno, and 2) the dream world in general, given seer and the game itself describing the dream nail as something that can bypass the difference between dreams and the waking world, so if the dream world is as the name implies just, literal dreams, this makes everything inside the dream world ae 1, including the knight because we literally see them fall asleep to enter them and wake up when they die, bar the radiance fight, and more reason why the radiance should scale is that they share the property of when they get hit essence getting released, like the dream warriors and the Dreamers dream selves, and also attacks that use essence/are made out of it should be ae 1 too for being made out of essence.
could you post some scans? i'd like to see them before giving me opinion. either way just so we're on the same page, does the radiance get these for the real world key too?

I dont have the scan's physically so I'll be quoting from the hollow knight wiki on seer's page which is were the ae 1 stuff comes from
Essence... the precious fragments of light that dreams are made of.
-Seer
This is stating that Essence does in fact make up dreams, which could also give them elemental intangibility too, but it could be that given what we know about light is that the light in question is the radiance's light which would be more proof for the radiance having control over the dream world and scaling all dream stuff to her, but as I said in the op, I would rather get the statement for it before I do anything like that
Sometimes dreams take the shape of those who have passed away. Such dreams are bountiful sources of Essence!
-Seer
Seer says this before you have beaten Xeno and later down in said conversation he makes reference to Xeno's grave and the warrior spirit there, he says that they are dreams that have taken shape and that they are made of essence
does the radiance get these for the real world key too?
a maybe, because well, we don't know what their irl self is, or even if they do have one, because given the nightmare heart, which we don't even know about if they even have a physical form, like while we do see the other higher beings have a physical form we see nothing of the sort for the radiance and the nightmare heart, hell if the radiance had a physical form why do we not see their physical body sealed, or at least evidence of a major battle g, that + being forgotten by the inhabitants of hallownest would not have affected them, so I am decently sure that they don't have a physical body

yeah quotes are fine

i'm honestly not sure if dreams are abstract in the way we intend it, it's not the kinda thing i know. either way if that gets accepted i agree with scaling it to ghosts

i'm honestly not sure if dreams are abstract in the way we intend it, it's not the kinda thing i know. either way if that gets accepted i agree with scaling it to ghosts
we do currently treat dreams as abstract things, see the kantan from Senshinkan as an example

Can't believe someone would give Radience light speed and not scale it to Knight. Why would we nuke ressurection?
the knight doesn't even react to it, they aim dodge
1)Steel soul mode 2) nothing in verse stating that the knight resurrects from benches in canon (with that also being weird for several reasons, like why does the knight respawn from benches)

The fact that a shade is left after death should be canon since the hunters journal explains that it happens. Resurrection should be fine

Im neutral on the ressurection thing, the shade being left behind could grant some type of ressurection, considering it is literally an echo of the knight's past life.

Everything else im fine with

the shade being left behind could grant some type of ressurection, considering it is literally an echo of the knight's past life.
yeah, the shade, however as on the profile right now, it is also saying that the knight, shell and new void and all is also brought back to life, which makes no sense and is what I am trying to get rid of

• First off, nuking the light speed attack speed off her profile, we need proof that this is actually light that is going at light speed, see this page for the requirements otherwise, it is getting removed.
  • Next on the list is to nuke the unknown keys off the pages, they have no reason to be there, and if you want to scale them far higher, you are butters in disguise you should put an at least rating not just slapping an undeserved unknown on the profile because they scale above the cast but we don't know how far they scale above them well we could if someone calcs the Void Lord destroying Godhome but that would be a pain for me so I won't, we just know they do.
  • Next thing, changing the elemental intangibility to Immaterial intangibility and changing the justification too, as seen in this fight, here too, radiance does not turn into light but instead, essence
  • My next point, why do we not give radiance the usual, all previous abilities shtick in her true key, given that it is literally her power, and she spreads it through dreams so even if you say that it is stuff that she can only do in the real world, it still would be able to hit those who are in the dream world
  • Next, deciding on what to do with the knight's res, I personally want to delete it but well I would rather ask others about it
  • Range stuffs, firstly change the radiance's range to Varies (Based on host corrupted)|A few inches (Scaling to the knight as they can summon, launch and, attack at far longer ranges than them) Standard Melee range with laser barrages (Can reach from the top of her arena to the second-lowest layer of it, which is this long) Interdimensional via The Infection (Can infect bugs in hallownest from the dream realm)
  • And what I wanted to do was add stuff due to radiance being in control of all essence but since I can't find the statement that it is in control of the dream realm then I cant do this and would have to save it for later/when I can find the statement
  • Okay, so time one thing I want to add to this is giving dream warriors, spirits, and any dream beings (including the radiance and NKG) AE type 1 which by proxy gives them incorporeality based off of being a dream, based off on the fact that they are 1) they are literally dreams made out of the stuff that makes up dreams with that being essence, and warrior spirits are quite literally dreams taking the shape of those who have passed away as seen with seer's convo before you beat xeno, and 2) the dream world in general, given seer and the game itself describing the dream nail as something that can bypass the difference between dreams and the waking world, so if the dream world is as the name implies just, literal dreams, this makes everything inside the dream world ae 1, including the knight because we literally see them fall asleep to enter them and wake up when they die, bar the radiance fight, and more reason why the radiance should scale is that they share the property of when they get hit essence getting released, like the dream warriors and the Dreamers dream selves, and also attacks that use essence/are made out of it should be ae 1 too for being made out of essence.
  1. Fine, got no problems here
  2. Nukeing the Unknown Rating and replacing it with At least is fine.
  3. This works too.
  4. The infection isn't the Radiance, it's a byproduct of the Radiance's influence being resisted. She can't weaponize the Infection and it's effects because they're not inherent abilities she has. I see the Infection more as a distorted reflection of her mind/madness manip.
  5. I'm neutral on this. I don't like it, but I also don't really have a strong argument against it.
  6. I whole heartedly support this.
  7. I don't think that statement exists, but I can see why fans think it does. There are a number of statements of the Radiance controlling essence and being incredibly powerful, and I think people have just inferred that means she controls all of the Dream, and then someone said the statement exists and fans are willing to believe it.
  8. Interesting. I'm not opposed to it, but things like AE are a bit outta my wheelhouse.
I haven't read any responses to this yet cause I misunderstood point 2 and got kinda worked up for a minute.

The infection isn't the Radiance, it's a byproduct of the Radiance's influence being resisted. She can't weaponize the Infection and it's effects because they're not inherent abilities she has. I see the Infection more as a distorted reflection of her mind/madness manip.
I'd like some discussion on this point before we go off and start man handling the profile, please.

Also, we have a list of knowledgeable members for the various terms on the wiki. Someone could see whos listed under Acausality, and ask them to comment here.

I'd like some discussion on this point before we go off and start man handling the profile, please.

Also, we have a list of knowledgeable members for the various terms on the wiki. Someone could see whos listed under Acausality, and ask them to comment here.
I mean, it is directly caused by her and is an effect of her power, at minimum we should list corruption in her dream world key and have smth referencing her real world powers as effects of it, it would just be easier to list it as all previous powers with (Can spread and cause the corruption and its effects) or smth like that

You probably mean abstract existence don't you

I mean, it is directly caused by her and is an effect of her power, at minimum we should list corruption in her dream world key and have smth referencing her real world powers as effects of it, it would just be easier to list it as all previous powers with (Can spread and cause the corruption and its effects) or smth like that

You probably mean abstract existence don't you
Except it's not direcctly caused by her, it's a side effect of her influence being resisted.

Yeah, I meant that. Dunno why I said Acasuality.

Not just dreams, however, given the ae1 is from being made of essence and essence also makes up memories as implied by seer, and memories are also thoughts, with more evidence coming from the fact that the dream nail which is only stated to as being able to cut through the veils between the waking world and the dream world, with it being also able to reach into the minds and thoughts of people to read/see them, it can be taken that the dream nail which is only stated to be able to cut between the veils of dreams and waking, is serving its purpose still by reaching into the dream realm by reaching into their mind which does imply more that dreams are made of thoughts which in the textbox in which these thoughts she up in is stylized with essence around it.

Edit:So just remembered Seer also calls essence fragments of light which also qualifies for elemental intangibility so it stays and people who are made of it also get elemental instability along with the rest of the stuff
Edit2:Forgot this, giving void given focus interdimensional range via it breaking out of the dreamworld and messing the godseeker from within their dream + also leaving the dream without the use of the dream nail
Seems about right

HK should get interdimensional range as well via its shade breaking into the dreamworld

Back