• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
A legit question of mine: Why is mindhaxing, say, a 4D being, greater than mindhaxing 100 billion 3D beings?

The only feasible explanation I can come up with is them thinking about objects, beings and things of higher dimensions that may be impossible to understand to the average mortal, but to be honest even then it is relative to the point of view of dimensional structure (Where processing higher-dimensional constructs into your mind may vary from "mental resistance" to "intelligence" depending to your point of view), and even the, that is still a really iffy justification to me. I mean, minds are minds. Them thinking about higher-dimensional constructs isn't really relevant in most cases of mind manipulation.

While the point here is about mindhax, it applies to many kinds of hax, really. (Except arguably spatial and time manipulation, and even then there's an argument to be made)

Highlighting this, since it's a pretty important question.

Non-staff members can post, of course, but you should preferably reply to the thread with productive posts. Derailing this thread will probably result in it getting moved to the staff board, sadly. (Since I like to see productive users posting)

Mind haxing 100 billion 3D beings to me would be easier as the limit of comprehension remains in the 3D realm. However, a 4D mind should logically have a higher form of comprehension given that it has to understand an extra dimension. Thus, mind haxing higher dimensionals is a much better feat than mind haxing any number of 3D minds.

At least, that's what I make of it.

Isn't finite 4-D better than infinite 3-D?

I'm almost sure haxxing a 4-D is better than haxing a large amount of 3-Ds.

The issue is, this is hax we're talking about.

Ask yourself this..

Can we percieve four dimensions? Going by our system our mind is insignificant to a 4-dimensional being that can percieve 4 dimensions. That's why mind haxing a higher-dimensional being is superior.

I think it largely depends on context, but in most cases, I would treat it as being an example of the "haxing" party having superior mindhax.

One example that comes to mind is Martian Manhunter's feat of mindhaxing the Spectre. We already know that Spectre doesn't have a "weak mind" or anything stupid like that. Quite the contrary; his mind is several times more complex than a typical person's, just by the nature of what he is and what he can do.

The mere act of bridging a dimensional gap with one's mental powers is already a lot more than what most characters can do. Controlling a 4-D being's mind on top of that would almost certainly be an example of high-level mindhax.

Looks like the explanation has already been given.

I still think Martian Manhunter having Tier 2 mind hax is wank but that's for later.

Basically what everyone else says. A 4-D entity has a more complex mind that a lower being wouldn't logically be able to comprehend.

That's not how the mind works. The key word is "comprehension".

What ven said, a 3-D mind can't comprehend higher dimensions, hence why haxing a mind of higher dimensional being is superior to just haxing a bunch of 3-D minds, it's the same as 4-D will always be greater than 3-D, no matter how great the 3-D is.

Higher dimensional minds are too complex for mere 3-D mind hax to work on.

idk man. since 3d beings cant even comprehend 4d beings, then wouldn't that make their minds more advanced though? just a thought. they would by logic be more mentally evolved than we are, just by being 4d beings.

But why as far as I know most 4-D are not 4-D because of their mind or comprehension. It is because of their feats on the outside world.

@Rocker Being higher dimensionsal is a state of being, which is why that being can't be understood by a mere 3-D being.

Make no mistake. There's a difference between a 4-D being and a 3-D being with 4-D power. The rule of thumb is know about what both characters can do before calling yourself debating who would win. Mind-haxxing 3-D 2-Cs is nothing compared to mindhaxing 4-D 2-Cs due to reasons Ven already said.

Celestial Pegasus said:
@Rocker Being higher dimensionsal is a state of being, which is why that being can't be understood by a mere 3-D being.
Which again has nothing to do with the mind og a 4D being.

I agree with Ever and Ven. That being said, we have to be careful about how we interpret these feats, since mind hax can very well have outliers.

Celestial Pegasus said:
that would lead to them being higher in even their existence correct? that's like trying to make a cartoon's mind be as complicated, or at least on the same lvl as a human mind, tbh.

Even then, I'm not sure if mindhaxxing a higher dimensional being is automatically far higher than mindhaxxing an infinite amount of people. Because that seems to be how it's treated right now.

A mind that can comprehend Higher Dimensional space and exists in a conceptual level is far greater than the mind of a normal human. That's why.

Really? Destroying a 4-D is superior to destroying infinite 3-Ds. How is mind haxxing not in the same ballpark? It's how our system works.

Not really. Infinite gap in power is really just sheer energy (Unless we're saying that affecting a 4-D mind is like affecting a 4-D structure). It's not every aspect of the character that is now infinitely higher.

Of course now we have to answer the question of "What counts as comprehending 4-D Space and higher dimensions?".

Sera Loveheart said:
Really? Destroying a 4-D is superior to destroying infinite 3-Ds. How is mind haxxing not in the same ballpark? It's how our system works.
destroying is the key word. that has to do with matter, and infinite amount of it is obviously higher than some random 4d's amount of matter. but minds are different. they have different strengths, and whatnot. an infinite amount of poop will never of the same value of the most expansive piece of gold in existence, not matter how big or small it is.

Yes, because he is above YHVH.

I'm pretty sure there was actually a study saying people think in 11 dimensions...

How do we define the comprehension of 4D space. Do we need some kind of quote. And how does being able to see another dimension allow for someone to bypass mind hax. You dont need to comprehend a mind to force it to do what you want within a 3D space.

A Higher Dimensional soul is unfathomably greater than a 3D mind, just like the higher Dimensional matter of such a being, or the Higher Dimensional soul / essence of this being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back