• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Matt Dimensions refers to physical stuff. Unless we're talking about affecting the brain of someone, a "mind" usually isn't physical.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
You don't really need to know how a mind is working to affect it.
Exactly what I was about to say. Most mind hax abilities dont have you trying to take reins of the mind. They just work. You are not an untrained pilot trying to pilot a plane. You are someone using a game controller to pilot a plane. You dont need to know the workings of the plane to fly it with a controller.

Rocker1189 said:
How do we define the comprehension of 4D space. Do we need some kind of quote. And how does being able to see another dimension allow for someone to bypass mind hax. You dont need to comprehend a mind to force it to do what you want within a 3D space.
Viewing all of time simultaneously.

A Higher Dimensional mind wouldn't be affected by a lesser being trying to affect it. And there are higher Dimensional minds and souls in fiction.

Sera Loveheart said:
Viewing all of time simultaneously.
Which again means nothing. So what if you can see all of time simultaneously it does not stop you from being mindhaxxed. Only thing is that you know you will be mind haxxed I supposed and if you end up mind haxxed anyway that is your fault.

Okay.

Just asking this here.

But, say, Eternity

As a 4D, can comprehend 16th space. To mindhax Eternity do you need 4D hsx or 16th hax?

MRW I personally believe mind manipulation has literally nothing to do with dimensionality

@Matt We can't assume that ALL higher dimensional beings have higher dimensional mind and souls though.

Matthew Schroeder said:
A Higher Dimensional soul is unfathomably greater than a 3D mind, just like the higher Dimensional matter of such a being, or the Higher Dimensional soul / essence of this being.

Why would souls be defined by any type of dimension?

4-D can see past, present, and future at once. That's what I mean.

Saikowa, do you really believe that the mind of an Infinite Dimensional being is infinite degrees of Infinity more fragile than its "body"?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Saikowa, do you really believe that the mind of an Infinite Dimensional being is infinite degrees of Infinity more fragile than its "body"?
That means nothing your mind and body are 2 completely different things being able to comprehend higher dimensions does not make you unable to be affected bby mind hax.

I wouldn't say "comprehend". That's questionable. If Nya took an ordinary human to the Court of Azathoth does that mean they can comprehend 1-A existence? No.

But seriously, I think you guys need to stop trying to look for dimensionality in every single thing.

Next time: 4-Ds have better dates on Valentine's Day, because they have infinitely more love to give!! Woooo!!

That's the same as expecting a mind's "durability" to scale with durability, except on a higher scale.

Oh, I didn't know that professor Xavier can mindhax the downstreamers. Seriously, do you even realize how utterly ridiculous and wrong you are being?

Also, a mind is a part of you. It works through your brain. It's an extension of your body. A 4D being's mind would be an extension of a 4D body.

Kepekley23 said:
But seriously, I think you guys need to stop trying to look for dimensionality in every single thing.

Next time: 4-Ds have better dates on Valentine's Day, because they have infinitely more love to give!! Woooo!!
We're using geometry hun. Could a 2-B possibly comprehend a 3-D in any way? No. That means it's mind is beyond their scope of control unless specified otherwise. Unless we'll have 3-D mind haxers toying with High 1-Bs because "muh mind is not higher-dimensional".

> Also the only reason this thread was made was because Kratos Lost a match. Petty beyond belief.

Actually, it was because he was winning and people complained about the OP

welp, if the powers transcend the user itself, dimensionality wise, then they could work and anybody whose dimensionality was parallel to it, and everybody under/below. but if its not, its like trying to fly by using the most powerful human arms- it wont work, no matter what u try. or like trying to see through a wall- u can through it by other means, but u can never see through it. see what i mean?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Oh, I didn't know that professor Xavier can mindhax the downstreamers. Seriously, do you even realize how utterly ridiculous and wrong you are being?
Also, a mind is a part of you. It works through your brain. It's an extension of your body. A 4D being's mind would be an extension of a 4D body.
1. I dont know who the downstreamers or Xavier is but if the downstreamers have no mind hax resistance why not?

2. Yes and no. The mind is the extention of the body in a sense but Bodybuilders are not any stronger in mentality than normal people.

Starting to call people "utterly ridiculous and wrong" isn't probably a good thing to do, Matt.

The Downstreamers aren't just beings with an Infinite D body, given that their tech is what made them High 1-B in the first place.

We aren't talking about the brain. A lot of mind hax (Or just minds, really) in fiction don't need a brain to exist.

This thread Should be closed. Made due to Petty reasons under a false premise.

4D brain is infinitely more complex than 3D brain.

VenomElite said:
The mind is a decoding system. Mind =/= brain. Your mind is only as great as what you can comprehend (a.k.a decode and percieve). And guess what ladies and gentlemen? 3D beings cannot comprehend 4D and above.
T h a n k y o u

Matthew Schroeder said:
This thread Should be closed. Made due to Petty reasons under a false premise.
4D brain is infinitely more complex than 3D brain.
....Eliminator made this and as far as I know he did not care who won in that thread and was just asking a question.

Being more complex does not mean it can not be forced to do things by mind control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back