• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Higher-Dimensional and Dimensionless Characters Update

Sera_EX

She Who Dabbles in Fiction
VS Battles
Retired
Here, I proposed we make a page for higher-dimensional and dimensionless existence and it was accepted. Initially, I wanted to replace Higher-Dimensional Manipulation, but Antvasima deemed it necessary to keep so it's staying.

I have created both pages and it was requested that a revision thread be made to discuss which characters need these powers added.

Please note that it currently believed that we cannot handle any large scale revisions right now, especially with the potential AP revision next summer. So all I'm asking is if we happen to come across any higher-dimensional characters (not lower-dimensional ones with higher-dimensional power) to please add higher-dimensiomal existence to their powers and abilities. However I believe we can easily get the Outerverse level characters in a timely manner, but I won't push it. So if an admin would like to add dimensionless existence to all the 1-A files, that'd be great, but we may need to discuss which type they fall under first. Just remember there is no rush. Thank you.

I like the page, but why is Yakou a non-dimensional being but Mercurius is a beyond-dimensional being?

Monarch Laciel said:
I like the page, but why is Yakou a non-dimensional being but Mercurius is a beyond-dimensional being?
Because Gudou Gods are internal outerverses while Hadou Gods are external. The difference between them is size.

By looking at the higher-dimensional characters category, there's roughly 284 characters, personally I could knock these out in a day were I still a content mod, but again I must stress that I am not pushing these be changed immediately. I really don't want to hear "we don't have the time to handle all these pages", please.

Seems not important enough for a highlight but noted. I'll keep an eye out.

Thank you Dargoo, I forgot to mention that.

Do we give higher dimensional existence to reality-fiction characters and the like or not? I think technically not? That aside to the page itself:

Characters of higher dimensions are often shown to be godlike with respect to lower dimensions, not only because of their superiority in strength but also due to their existence encompassing completely different laws of physics and logic, which are beyond the control of three-dimensional beings.
We should leave logic out of that, in my opinion. They usually obey common logic. (especially if one considers that we have surprisingly few logic manipulators)

This means, it is more than countably infinite, not only quantitatively but also qualitatively.
I don't think we can generally talk about qualitative difference, for just common higher dimensional existence? That aside, did you mean to write "is more than countably infinite times larger" or something like that? I think something is missing in the sentence.

@Don'tTalk

Yeah that's fine, about the logic part. Yes, I meant more than countably infinite times larger (could've sworn I wrote that. I must've been going too fast lol). And as for your first question, if the reality-fiction hierarchy works dimensionally, then I'd say yes.

Sera EX said:
@Don'tTalk
And as for your first question, if the reality-fiction hierarchy works dimensionally, then I'd say yes.
What means "works dimensionally"?

Mr. Bambu said:
Seems not important enough for a highlight but noted. I'll keep an eye out.
It involves locked content-mod/admin-only pages. These have always been highlighted.

What means "works dimensionally"?

If the difference between the reality-fiction layers is equal to or greater than the difference between dimensions.

PsychoWarper said:
Wouldnt the Warp gods, Ynnead and Warp EoM count for one of these?
I'm unsure about the Emperor, you'd have to ask Matthew or Azathoth about that. The Chaos Gods definitely qualify. Unsure about Ynnead (I just recently got into WH40k).

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Isn't it redundant to have "superhuman physical characteristics" listed if the characters have "higher-dimensional existence?"
Yes.

Are we including 4Ds?

Also the warp form of the Emperor qualifies for higher/dimensionless existence.

4D counts.

@Psycho

Hmm. That's qualifies, I suppose.

Ok then. Page looks good to me, I'll add this to files that somehow aren't locked where this applies, or if I make files in the future.

@Sera: These technically often aren't higher dimensional, though. They are only power wise equivalent to such.

If we want to include those we should probably add a sentence regarding that to the page. Currently, the way the page explains that just having equivalent power doesn't suffice, makes it sound like such equivalences wouldn't get it IMO.

Hmm... one could even separate it into 2 types...

@DontTalk

Not all of tier 2 would get this, no. Those that are physically 4D would, hence the page being higher dimensional existence rather than higher dimensional manipulation.

Considering we already differentiate higher-dimensional beings from beings with higher-dimensional power separately, I think it would be best to ignore reality-fiction hierarchies (excluding Umineko and Demon King Daimaou).

Yes Ynnead is a dimensionless character, let me look for the relevant quote.

Edit: The line did not pass into the Warp, but into the cold void beyond. Neither real nor unreal, nor the skein between. The realm of death. The absence. The empty expanse. And here she found the cold beat of Ynnead's heart. Restless. Stirring. Here, the spirits of the slain were drawn, the souls of Eldar gathering like a mist of silver particles.-Hand of Darkness

This is the quote that establishes Ynnead as beyond the warp entirely.

Back