• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Higher-Dimensional and Dimensionless Characters Update

I dont get the difference between type 1 and type 2. So are entities in type 1 not outerversal since they don't transcend the concept of dimensionality as a whole?

They are outerversal.

Type 1 is for adimensional objects or outerversal characters that can exist inside dimensional space while transcending the concepts of dimensions.

Type 2 is for those who are "too big" to fit inside any dimensional space. As any dimension, even an infinite dimensional hyperverse would be practically nonexistent to them.

Perfect example? Gudou Gods and Hadou Gods.

Hadou Gods (Type 2) are the source of all dimensional space and are external outerverses. Gudou Gods (Type 1) exist "inside" Hadou Gods (because the Multiverse is their body). However, Gudou Gods are internal, walking outerverses, independent of the Hadou Gods laws (including their concepts of space and time, physics, etc.).

Type 1 is for the mathematical concept of 1-A

Type 2 is for the metaphysical concept of 1-A

First of all, big thanks to Sera for taking the time to write the Higher-Dimensional Existence and Dimensionless Existence pages.

Secondly, should we change the name of the Dimensionless Existence page to Beyond-Dimensional Existence instead? It seems less likely to cause confusions.

Third, I am uncertain about type 1, if this would automatically include characters who can create type IV multiverses and the like, as Azathoth has repeatedly convincingly argued against the Downstreamers being definitely 1-A.

Fourth, I definitely think that we should take things slowly, and get the pages properly evaluated by DarkLK, who built our tiering system, before we rush in to changing a lot of profiles according to what type they fit into. After that is done, we can proceed further.

I have received a reply:

DarkLK said:
About "Possible Uses". Perhaps more clarifications should be made about the fact that in different fictions this can be implemented in different ways.

The second article is basically the same as on ACF, but that ACF article requires reformation, but I don't have time to do it. Although there is a different classification. Well, if you do not have problems with the ranking of characters, then it seems acceptable.

Antvasima said:
Third, I am uncertain about type 1, if this would automatically include characters who can create type IV multiverses and the like, as Azathoth has repeatedly convincingly argued against the Downstreamers being definitely 1-A.
I believe that the issue is the lack of the 1-A statements in the Manifold Trilogy itself. It's the same as not defaulting conceptual manipulation stated to use Plato's Forms at 1-A.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
"IIRC, The reason why Downstreamers haven't been upgraded yet is because many doubt Manifold being Level IV Multiverse."

I don't believe this is the case, or at least that it shouldn't be.

The general idea is that when something is upgraded to such a level, it should be done via explicit statements within the actual material, and not via being similar to another idea.

As a Platonic multiverse/Type IV multiverse inherently contains objects that transcend the necessity of dimension, this type of cosmology is the point where dimensionality becomes wholly irrelevant in all cases. That's 1-A.

As for the title of the latter page, I was considering naming it "Beyond-Dimensional Existence" at first but I thought Dimensionless worked since we already have a page for Zero-Dimensionality. But I'm fine with a name change for consistency purposes.

Alright. Let's wait for more input first though.

So would others here be fine with if we rename the page?

Since the Higher Dimensional Beings is not allowed for 1-A, I would like to know if this is feasible or not. Not that I'm disrespecting your point of view but I would like to know if this thing is comparable to Lovecraft works or Hadou Gods.

I'm sorry if you took it as an offense. Then I'm going to wait for the proper changes to take place. Again... Sorry for being rough

Have any of the updates been applied here yet?

Its just higher-d beings, tho not sure about transcendent beings as they dont all seem to fit the bill

Okay. You should probably add it to all tier 1-A to 0 characters in that case.

On second thought, I am not sure if characters such as The Emperor of Mankind are beyond-dimensional in themselves. Perhaps we have made a mistake for some of the additions.

Back