• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Discussion Thread 5: Shin and Slashdog Included

—All of a sudden, Ddraig began to laugh amusedly.

"Hmm? What is it, Ddraig?"

[…That Albion. It looks like he's finally blown away the confusion for the first time in these past two thousand years.]

…Blew away the confusion? What is that in the first place? Ddraig still continued to laugh, and then he said to me

[Kukuku…then I will also use what has been sealed.]

Is the 2000 years referring to when Albion first met Ddraig and stopped using Reduce or when they were sealed?

From Encounter with the Unknow, is there any idea as to who this "witch" is:

They reveal themselves that the Humonoid is "Bebevu Su" and the Oval is "Gvardora". Seeing this, the Bebevu Su told Gvardora that they weren't ordered to attack them, but Gvardora laughs and charges at the Vali team at high speed saying that the "witch" isn't here. Gvardora then reveals its head and limbs. Vali describes it has having a head similar to a turtle with six slender red eyes, its arms are thicker than its legs, with its forearms as thick as shields. Vali concludes its not something he's seen before.

We should probably get more info on Sefaira in the next volume.

I still find it strange that they're going on with the tournament with something as major as Great Red dying to hostile invaders.

What would you say is the biggest flex in DxD, for me it's Issei destroying the arena during the rating game world tournament. All the strategy in the world couldn't do anything, and the people who underestimated his team where put in their place

Well, it's already mentioned that the ability to change the environment renders strategies and tactics useless in certain RGs.

Even someone like Sona who can manipulate opposing teams to play along to her tactics is helpless against Maou-class or God-class beings just nuking the field. She would excel in matches like the Volume 5 RG.

There are several cool flex moments. For example, I love how Balor thrashed those vampires after all their boasts about reaching the "next stage", lol.

Well, judging by what I've seen of Hades' performance, I wouldn't be surprised if Indra can beat two HD-class beings.

Was it 80% Fenrir or 100%?

Indra, I believe had the strength to beat two HD-class beings.

You knows, I would like to see DxD trying to fighting the Chaos God Armies from Warhammer 40K. Lets see, how they and ExE handle it.

Just thought. Since True Form Sirzechs (and serious Ajuka by extension) is at least Hades level, if not stronger, wouldn't this straight up confirm him as stronger than a HD?

Yeah, it indeed does. Plus both Azazel and Sirzechs said he can do so easily. I believe they're stronger than Indra tbh, though I'll wait for Issei vs Indra.

Does anyone else find the Albion resurrection strange? I know Vali's supposed to be a real genius, but it really doesn't explain how he somehow gave Albion a physical body. It'd have been easy for the Norse to be related to such a phenomenon, but not sure if Vali would accept their help. I think we deserve a good explanation for a major thing like resurrecting a sealed creature.

I'd have also liked for Albion to get a badass battle like Ddraig, but I'm pretty satisfied with the Heavenly Dragons + Crom combo.

I agree completely. The handwavey and overly easy way in which Vali got the Albion summoning is probably at the top of things that bother me in the volume. Like, I would have been satisfied if just they mentioned Vali trying to achieve something similar throughout the three volumes between Volume 25 and now, but straight up reviving the dead with their complete body, something that makes another Sacred Gear a Longinus... And doing it so easily at that, it frustrates me to no end.

Now that you mention the Sephiroth Graal comparison, it feels even more incredulous, lol. Should have just gotten help from Asgard honestly. He has connections to them and their stuff is quite advanced. Maybe Ishibumi will explain it in the next volumes.

I wouldnt be surprise if Annihilation Maker and Sephiroth Grail combination together would be a key point in fighting the ExE Forces. I hope that is the case because both of those are insane as a longinus.

Unknown Dictator as well. I mean, they're fighting against mechanical beings.

Sephiroth Graal really needs more attention though. Valerie just uses it for healing currently, but I'd like to see more (as long as it doesn't corrode her mind).

@Hunter

I'm hesitant on that since it works on a HD-class. The battle was off-panel too, so we don't know the specific details.

It was known that they are stronger than indra

Sirzechs Lucifer True form x10 Devil

Indra x4 Azazel said he would have won easily

@VanMeliodas Indra wasn't ever mentioned to be 4x Maou-class. He was mentioned to require all four current Maou to battle him together to be matched. They are not the same thing.

First of all because the current Maou are all superior to the former ones, which was the level to which Sirzechs is ten times superior. So Sirzechs' demonic power is not 10 times that of the current Maou.

And second, because fighting the four Maou is not the same as being 4x Maou-class. One is a statement of raw strength while the other is about battle ability. The four Maou all have abilities that make them far more fearsome fighters than just a Maou-class, even if they had the same level of strength. For example, Sirzechs' PoD can be manipulated freely, and it's an ability with the capacity to heavily damage people much more powerful than the user. Ajuka has his Kankara Formula which can mess up the powers of opponents and even make them work for him, among many other things. And Falbium has his Absolute Defense which can reflect what he blocks with even more strength. These are all things which are involved in actual battle, but not when saying someone is "Maou-class", talking about raw strength.

If Indra is matched by the current four Maou working together, he would still completely wreck a team of four random Devils who simply have demonic power on par with them. That's how much other factors matter in this particular match.

Truly. But I guess it's natural since throughout a lot of DxD's run, Ishibumi seems to treat male and female fighters really differently. Hell, even with all these additions to the original Top 10, there's still no goddesses in it, lol.

And this is without counting the complete tragedy of villainy that was Nyx.

I know Vali's supposed to be a real genius, but it really doesn't explain how he somehow gave Albion a physical body

Ishibumi resently updated his back setting pages about Dragons and written about Albion ressurection:

Òâ┤ÒéíÒâ╝Òâ¬Òâ╗Òâ½ÒéÀÒâòÒéíÒâ╝ÒüîÚ¡öþÄïÕîûÒü½ÞªÜÚåÆÒüùÒüƒÒüôÒü¿ÒüºÒÇüÚÖÉÕ«ÜþÜäÒü¬ÚíòþÅ¥þèµàïÒüºÕ¥®µ┤╗ÒÇé

Ressurected in form of limited manifestation thanks to Vali Lucifer awakening Satanification.

About Draig:

ÕàÁÞùñõ©ÇÞ¬áÒü«ÞªÜÚåÆÒÇüÚ¥ìþÑ×ÕîûÒü«Õ¢▒Úƒ┐ÒÇüÒéóÒâáÒâ¬Òé┐Òü«õ¢£þö¿ÒééÒüéÒéèÒÇüÚÖÉÕ«ÜþÜäÒü¬ÚíòþÅ¥þèµàïÒüºÕ¥®µ┤╗

Ressurected in form of limited manifestation thanks to awakening of Ise Hyodo, influence of Dragon Deification and effect of Amrita.

I see, thanks. Hopefully we get more clarifications on that.

@Jester

Technically, there's Seraselbes and Chichigami if we count ExE. Verrine would probably reach top ten level. But I'd also love to see a DxD goddess in the top ten, and I was quite disappointed when Hela couldn't make it. I'm silently hoping for Amaterasu and Susanoo vs Albion, lol.

Though I'm not sure if Tobio has enough piece value to accommodate gods.

Back