• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High School DxD Discussion Thread 5: Shin and Slashdog Included

That's from Volume 11 during the Promotion Test. He was using BxB. And this is from Volume 12:

"My True-Queen form is equal to Sairaorg-san in his Balance-Breaker form. The truth is, I think I can even put up a good fight against Ultimate-class Devils."

So CxC was Ultimate-class until it became Maou-class after Issei went through Dragon Deification.

Even Triaina Rook got stomped by an actual Ultimate-class (BxB Sairaorg).

Triana is Ultimate class too as it stop Cao Cao spear with power that could vaporize high class Devil.

Vol.10-21 CxC just high tier Ultimate class on borderline to Satan class as he many times fought Satan class'es that by feat could fodderize any normal Ultimate class.

Issei BxB now Ultimate class?

Yes.

I'm thinking of making one for AxA especially because it was being discussed

I could send statements from Shin 4 if need.

@Vergil Vaporizing a High-class Devil is way easier for the True Longinus than for anothee attack that simply has the same raw power, because it has its holy affinity. However, that holy affinity does nothing against Triaina's dragon armor, so just because the True Longinus is stopped by it while it can vaporize a High-class doesn't mean Triaina is Ultimate-class, because it's not just an issue of power but also of affinity.

It just struck me that we could see the Slash Dog team and the Hero Faction in their 50s if Ishibumi goes ahead with the thirty year timeskip.

I don't feel like seeing a wrinkled Lavinia. T_T

I doubt Ishibumi will let Miyama do the illustrations for any other DxDverse series, just look at SLASHDOG.

I'm referring to future events for the main novel, not spin-offs.

For example, if the timeskip happens, we would get to see adult Ise but I'm wondering if they'd illustrate the normal humans.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I'm referring to future events for the main novel, not spin-offs.
Ehhh, I think you forget the DxD Universes is a shared universe, calling SLASHDOG not a main novel is like saying Spider-Man movies aren't a main part of the MCU since those are only the Avengers ones.

For exactly that reason. SLASHDOG doesn't have Miyama, so I don'ts think any other series on the DxD Universe will.

This is the conversation in case you missed it.

Burning Full Fingers said:
It just struck me that we could see the Slash Dog team and the Hero Faction in their 50s if Ishibumi goes ahead with the thirty year timeskip.

I don't feel like seeing a wrinkled Lavinia. T_T
Shining Trapezohedron said:
Thats if Ishibumi will let us see illustration for Slash Dog and Hero Faction of course.
Ionliosite said:
I doubt Ishibumi will let Miyama do the illustrations for any other DxDverse series, just look at SLASHDOG.

Yeah, I know, that's precisely what I meant. No one mentioned Miyama before you did; it doesn't come up in the conversation. They just mentioned possible illustrations for after the 30 years.

Trapezohedron said "Thats if Ishibumi will let us see illustration (...)" in clear reference to Miyama drawing very few illustrations for the novels.

Yeah, but that doesn't in any way imply Miyama drawing the Slash Dog novel or anything. The Slash Dog team already appears in DxD, and they have gotten illustrations too (Tobio and Lavinia). So again, I don't see why you addressed Miyama drawing other series, or your point there.

I never said Miyama draws SLASHDOG, I actually said the opposite. I addressed it because BFF mentioned a 30 years time skip.

Yeah, and the 30 year time skip would be in DxD, where Miyama has already drawn Slash Dog members, which is what BFF addressed. So again, what were you arguing on? I don't see the inconsistency you seemingly found.

Ionliosite said:
Then where's the connection between this and what was said before? There's no sense to it.

I don't think you're following the conversation if you think I didn't explain that already a few posts ago.

I did follow it, I just think you misunderstood Shining talking about the Slash Dog team, and took it as him talking about the Slash Dog series. That's the only way in which your replied would have made sense.

How could confuse the team with the series when were talking about not only them but also of the Hero Faction? Is there a series called Hero Faction now?

Then you go back to your reply not making any sense. There's no lick of sense to replying with "I doubt Ishibumi will let Miyama do the illustrations for any other DxDverse series, just look at SLASHDOG." to what's above it unless you had made that misunderstanding. Which brings us full circle, what were you replying to? Because no one ever addressed Miyama doing illustrations for other DxDverse series until this one post of yours.

I think I made pretty clear what I was replying to, but if you don't want to take my answers, then just leave it at that.

You didn't make it clear, as there's no sense to your replied when considering the posts above it. Dude, it's not me not taking your answers, it's that you're either not giving the proper one for some reason, or don't want to admit to a light mistake.

Just re-read the stuff above your post and try to see how it can connect in any way to your reply. Spoiler alert: It can't.

I don't see how it is a mistake, or how it doesn't connect to the subject, given we were talking about illustrations for the cast after a 30 years time skip, so Miyama and his relationship to the rest of DxD Universe was pretty important to the subject at hand.

Yes, but you mentioned Miyama drawing for other series in the DxDverse, when such a thing hadn't even been referred to, nor was it related to the topic. BFF only talked about illustrations in mainline DxD. Thus making your reply have no sense in the context of the conversation.

I said so because BFF mentioned a 30 years time skip, which matches the Millicas spin-off Ishibumi said he wanted to write. And again, stop with that "mainline" thing, this is a shared universe now.

That's a pretty big jump considering Ishibumi has never related the 30 year time skip with the Millicas spin off (especially considering the Millicas time skip would take place in a school. What school is he going to in his mid thirties?), and Burning also didn't mention the Millicas spin off either.

How is it being a shared universe relevant at all? Mainline is simply a convenient term, and it's also one supported by the marketing itself since the full term is "High School DxD Universe". So it is completely correct to call "High School DxD" and "Shin High School DxD" the "mainline" IP.

because it's not just an issue of power but also of affinity.

And Ise BxB at that point was already high tier high class Devil as he casually defeat Diodora who is stronger than Rias and fough on par with base Sairaog. So Triania is Ultimate class anyway even if just low tier.

And CxC (prior vol.22) has feat of battling with creatures of Satan class without got instantly lose and even could damage them without using his top attacks.

Demonicjester01 said:
That's a pretty big jump considering Ishibumi has never related the 30 year time skip with the Millicas spin off (especially considering the Millicas time skip would take place in a school. What school is he going to in his mid thirties?), and Burning also didn't mention the Millicas spin off either.
He might mean that Ishibumi could set Millicas' story within the thirty year period, rather than after the entire thirty years have passed.

Volume 12 when he finishes off some of the servants of the Old Maou Faction who attacked him by turning their own powers against them, and it was mentioned that of the current Maous, only he and Sirzechs surpass the original ones. i think only sirzechs and ajuka surpass the original maous

Back