• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High-Godly and True-Godly Regenerationn revisions (Staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should we go with Executor's and Sera's suggestion?

The problem is with the "all levels of existence" part. In bigger verses that'll prevent lower tiers from getting high-godly. For example, being erased from history isn't being erased from all levels of existence in a verse higher than 2-A.

@Sera EX When I referred to "all levels of existence" I meant at which that being exists.

If we have a universe in which a being is divided between body, soul and spirit (Assuming the three things are different), then Low-Godly would be Regenerationn of the body using the Soul or the Spirit, Mid-Godly would be Regenerationn of the body and Soul (Or body and Spirit) using the Spirit (Or Soul). High-Godly would be when all aspects of the being existence were destroyed (Body, Soul and Spirit), and the being needs to return from nothing, from non-being.

And it can grow infinitely, or shrink to just one aspect. In some cosmologies where there are infinite planes of a being, only when all infinite planes are destroyed can it be said to be High-Godly, while another cosmology with only three planes would suffice for the being on the three planes to be destroyed (So it's something generic like I said_

My idea is to regenerate with less "being" on each level (From Low up to High-Godly), being High-Godly regenerating when there is no more "being", and so the "being" is generated from nothing ("non-being").

I wouldn't reword it like this but it should be simplified:

Low Godly: Regenerationn from the soul

Mid Godly: Regenerationn from nothing

High Godly: Regenerationn after total erasure (i.e. erasure from history, conceptual/information destruction, or narrative/plot erasure).

Basically, Mid-Godly's regen from nothing, but High-Godly's regen even if they were erased across history or from the plot, or on a conceptual/information level.

@Ex

Ah, I see. Though... some verses have the body and soul as all levels at which that being exists. We should probably specify beyond a singular point of existence starting with spiritual.

@Sera EX I agree. This is one of the reasons I said in my first comment that what I said had some problems (We could generalize to say that in a cosmology with only an physical plane of existence, simply Regenerationn after being erased on the physical plane would be enough for High-Godly).

Therefore, I agree that there needs to be a better description to prevent something like this from happening.

Just to give a better overview, here are the current definitions:

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of your body, instead restoring it from your disembodied consciousness, whether that be your soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of yourself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after being completely erased from existence, including mind, body, and soul.

High-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after the totality of your existence is erased, alongside the reality that you are present within that exists up to your own dimensional level.

True-Godly: The ability to regenerate from being erased on a level beyond the confines and concept of dimensions.

If I understand correctly, they would be replaced with something like this:

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of your body, instead restoring it from your disembodied consciousness, whether that be your soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of yourself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after the complete destruction of mind, body, and soul.

• Examples: Uncertain
High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after absolute Existence Erasure in every available respect, such as from history, narrative/plot, and/or conceptual/information destruction.

• Examples: Uncertain
We preferably do need to determine some examples to use though.

SMT demons still would have High-Godly (even after being destroyed by nonexistent erasure they reform from the Axiom). Saint Seiya Gods are prime examples of Mid-Godly (they are immortal, even after their body and souls are destroyed they will go into a sleep of nothingness until they reform).

Okay. Thanks. Do anybody else here have other examples?

Also, are the wordings I used acceptable?

What about the previous examples for Mid-Godly to True-Godly? Would any of them fit?

Resurrection is not that much different from Regenerationn at elevated levels, the difference is that resurrection is bring one back to life (so, if a undead is killed and revert itself to its previous state, is not considered resurrection); they are pretty much the same meanwhile the original condition is alive (and of course, Resurrection can be applied to others, I'm refering to Self-Resurrection).

Funny how a discussion started in one of my threads back in''' May 2019''' to reach a conclusion in '''January 2020'''

The new wordings look fine. The proposed examples from Sera look fine. I think Kriemhild Gretchen worked as an example for High-Godly's Regenerationn, from SomebodyData's proposal.

Okay, so something like this to start with?

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after the complete destruction of mind, body, and soul.

High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after erasure from all aspects of existence, such as from history, narrative/plot, and/or conceptual/information destruction.

Can we still use any of the previous examples?

Lavos (Chrono), Sailor Moo (Sailor Moo), The Chaos Gods (Warhammer 40,000)

Crimson King (The Dark Tower), Swamp Thing (DC Comics)

Characters from Demonbane, I/O, the Masadaverse, and Umineko

I think just cuz the destruction has conceptual in its name doesn't mean it would qualify as High-Godly, one needs to see what would involve be destroyed in that way and see if it fits with the description.

Antoniofer said:
I think just cuz the destruction has conceptual in its name doesn't mean it would qualify as High-Godly, one needs to see what would involve be destroyed in that way and see if it fits with the description.
I'm not going off the fact it has "conceptual" in it's name.

The Fount of Life is a legit Type 2 Concept that D can regenerate from being severed.

Yes, what about the previous examples that I listed? Are any of them still usable? Sailor Moon should probably have Mid-Godly Regenerationn if I remember correctly.

Antvasima said:
Yes, what about the previous examples that I listed? Are any of them still usable? Sailor Moon should probably have Mid-Godly Regenerationn if I remember correctly.
IMO i'd say Crimson King can't be a usable example. His Regenerationn reasoning doesn't really hint at actual Regenerationn it just says he'd be "set free" by the destruction of reality.

I just gave Swamp Thing's Regenerationn a read, and it seems more like Low-Godly possibly Mid-Godly rather than High-Godly

Okay. Thanks for the input. Anybody else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back