• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High-Godly and True-Godly Regenerationn revisions (Staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeathNoodles said:
Since the topic of the overall thread has been concluded for the most part, I'm going to ask some questions that I hope will be answered (I hope being a staff-only thread doesn't forbid me from asking some questions in this thread):

So, assuming there might be verses where Type 1 and 2 concepts are treated as different types of concepts respectively: If a character can now qualify for the High-Godly Regenerationn rating by regenerating from having their Type 2 concept being destroyed/erased, can their High-Godly rating allow them to survive their Type 1 concept being destroyed/erased despite not having feats of doing so? Or is Type 1 concept destruction/erasure the type of ability that can only be survived through by 1-A characters or abilities due to being 1-A by nature, thus it overpowers the High-Godly Regenerationn of any characters that are below 1-A?
It would require better Regenerationn, but not being 1-A.

Alright. Would Type 1 concept destruction/erasure still overpower High-Godly Regenerationn of characters that has no feats/evidence of dealing with 1-A concepts (which are what Type 1 concepts are about) though?

So would something like this be sufficient?

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of your body, instead restoring it from your disembodied consciousness, whether that be your soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of yourself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after the complete destruction of mind, body, and soul.

High-Godly: The ability to regenerate after erasure from all aspects of existence, such as from history, narrative/plot, and/or conceptual/information destruction.

DeathNoodles said:
Alright. Would Type 1 concept destruction/erasure still overpower High-Godly Regenerationn of characters that has no feats/evidence of dealing with 1-A concepts (which are what Type 1 concepts are about) though?
Yes, or at least that's how we would treat it.

So I talked with Ex and we decided that Mille's Mid-Godly rating will be getting changed into something else. We can replace Millenniummon with Indramo.

Should we apply the current version of the new rules that I posted above?

I do have a couple of wording fixes, actually.

High-Mid should have "your" replaced with "the user's", as regenerating from part of a specific person in the real world be... interesting.

Mid-Godly needs the word "the" placed before "mind, body, and soul" for simple grammar reasons.

Huh? I'm not sure I understand.

What if you were to add the concept of severance to your attack and kill someone with it, would it be High-Godly Regen Neg?

Once again, simply regenerating from something that have conceptual in the name no necessary apply for High-Godly. Severing the concept/idea/definition/name of someone could have different effects, from altering its nature to destroy its soul.

Antoniofer said:
Once again, simply regenerating from something that have conceptual in the name no necessary apply for High-Godly. Severing the concept/idea/definition/name of someone could have different effects, from altering its nature to destroy its soul.
Are there any examples that we need to remove from High-Godly then?

@TGOP

Okay. Thanks.

@All

So are any staff members willing to start organising a revision project for all character profiles with Mid-Godly, High-Godly, or True-Godly Regenerationn? I would greatly appreciate the help.

Antvasima said:
@TGOP
Okay. Thanks.

@All

So are any staff members willing to start organising a revision project for all character profiles with Mid-Godly, High-Godly, or True-Godly Regenerationn? I would greatly appreciate the help.
I pretty much got all the Vampire Hunter D profiles covered for revisions.

Okay. Thanks. We preferably likely need some organisation of a specific revision thread for all characters with these types of Regenerationn though.

I have a question about the new standards: if a conceptual being, who is just a concept, were conceptually erased, then what level of regen would that be?

I'm not going off the fact it has "conceptual" in it's name.

The Fount of Life is a legit Type 2 Concept that D can regenerate from being severed.

Quick question: Does "severing Fount of Life" explicitly describe/show that it induces complete erasure or destruction of existences though? Because if it causes effects that doesn't actually induce complete erasure/destruction existence (or just plain lack the explicit statement/description or showings for such), then regenerating from it to qualify for High-Godly is dubious at best. If it does explicitly describe/state that it cause complete destruction or erasure of existences, then it should be fine for High-Godly.

I've mainly asked this as I've noticed that there are edits to the Vampire Hunter D verse without CRTs made to justify those edits, especially for the Regenerationn ratings, thus I couldn't find any staff evaluations for those edits. It doesn't help that we have characters from verses where "severing the concept of the target" causes effects that doesn't include existence erasure after all.

DeathNoodles said:
I'm not going off the fact it has "conceptual" in it's name.
The Fount of Life is a legit Type 2 Concept that D can regenerate from being severed.
Quick question: Does "severing Fount of Life" explicitly describe/show that it induces complete erasure or destruction of existences though? Because if it causes effects that doesn't actually induce complete erasure/destruction existence (or just plain lack the explicit statement/description or showings for such), then regenerating from it to qualify for High-Godly is dubious at best. If it does explicitly describe/state that it cause complete destruction or erasure of existences, then it should be fine for High-Godly.
I've mainly asked this as I've noticed that there are edits to the Vampire Hunter D verse without CRTs made to justify those edits, especially for the Regenerationn ratings, thus I couldn't find any staff evaluations for those edits. It doesn't help that we have characters from verses where "severing the concept of the target" causes effects that doesn't include existence erasure after all.

So i'll have to in depth to explain the Regenerationn things, and i'd prefer it if we did it elsewhere, since I don't wanna derail the thread.

The thing is the reason there is so many edits without CRTs because there was already a CRT way back, with a respect thread that included the changes from the novels up to this point. The only thing i'm changing around really is giving more detailed justifications, and adding the things that were missing from the accepted Novel Feats within the CRT.

Fair enough. Just either go to that CRT way back and bump it with those in-depth explanations or make a new CRT for the Vampire Hunter D verse Regenerationn to High-Godly, then notify several staff members (Discussion Moderators, Administrators, Bureaucrats, etc.) to evaluate the Regenerationn rating justification for High-Godly.

Let's stop mentioning any more about this to avoid further derailment of this thread.

Is somebody willing to start a project for updating all of the pages with Mid-Godly, High-Godly, and True Godly/True-Godly Regenerationn levels? It is very important, and I can highlight the thread for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back