• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High-Godly and True-Godly Regenerationn revisions (Staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here, we seem to have some suggestions about what to do with the top Regenerationn tiers:

A): High-Godly is conceptual erasure, True-Godly is type 1 conceptual erasure. Erasing someone's archetype means that "someone" doesn't make sense anymore. Arguably, this would be superior to them simply not having a body or mind. It also forms a sort of pattern with the other godly regenerations. The only problems are that these levels would be seldom visited, and it would be hard to tell whether or not the concept regenerated.

B): Change High-Godly and True-Godly to regenerating independently from the universe, rather than specifically in spite of its destruction. For example, someone who's Regenerationn is stated to regenerate fully independently of the universe. This removes some strange assumptions, but that's about it. Now that i think about it, conceptual erasure could also qualify.

C): Delete both. The simplest option, but it would make Mid-Godly (maybe just "Godly?") rather varied.

D): Something else.

I'm neutral about deleting them to be honest. But I will note that Mid-Godly has no true upper limit, considering that after a certain point, the Regenerationn becomes unique to certain characters and franchises. For example, coming back from getting your body and soul erased is Mid-Godly, but so is getting erased from every where and every when. The latter of which something only a handful of characters can do.

The question now is what threshold do we have to cross to stop being Mid-Godly? Something all encompassing and unique to characters that would obtain this tier.

My answer would be there is none. But I'm not too savvy outside of anything Low-Godly so take my assessment with a pinch of salt. Again, I'm not advocating getting rid of High-Godly or True-Godly, just giving my opinion.

I am fine with Option A.

A): High-Godly is conceptual erasure (Type 2- was said in the last thread), True-Godly is type 1 conceptual erasure.

We still need a considerably more comprehensive evenhanded summary for our staff members to understand the contexts for the options.

There's also the issue that individuals don't exactly have type 2 concepts since those are the broad ones that do not participate in any others, unless those individuals just are concepts. Individuals definitely participate in these concepts, but there's no type 2 concept of jimmy or whatever.

The Regen proposals were:

Mine: High-Godly - Regen post Conceptual erasure, True-Godly - Regen post Narrative erasure

Ultima: High-Godly - Regen post Conceptual erasure, True-Godly - Regen post erasure from Existence and Non-existence

TalkDT: High-Godly - Stays the same, True-Godly - Stays the same

SeraEX: Removal of both High and True Godly regen all together.

And Ultima's proposal was the one which was the most accepted.

I agree that his needs to get done. It would take quite a lot of work to apply Ultima's suggestions though, and we are already busy with the tiering system revisions.

Since I'm not staff, I won't respond too much on this. Just in response to Antvasima's comment, I don't believe this needs to be highlighted. Since it's intended to be a staff discussion, it'd probably be better to contact relevant staff members directly rather than contact the entire wiki at once.

Antvasima said:
Should I highlight this thread?
It might be good to get some fresh voices/opinions on the matter.

As it has been a few months since the last time we all discussed this.

And luckily, this shouldn't take nearly as long as the Tiering revisions.

Well, you can directly contact some knowledgeable staff members then.

It would take a lot of time to go through all of the profiles that link to the Regenerationn page, and correct them if necessary, though.

Is somebody willing to ask our staff members to comment here, or should I highlight this?

I personally believe Udlmaster's and Ultima's suggestions are the most logical under the circumstances. Both of them would suggest levels of Regenerationn beyond what Mid-Godly should logically be capable of, though I'm not sure which one of those proposals specifically would be best for True-Godly.

Looks line Ultima's suggestion is the one to be used.

@Ant

Is that enough Admin approval for you or do you want a few more?

I think that we need to wait for some more input first. Also, we would need to find and update all of the pages with these two types of Regenerationn.

"Ultima: High-Godly - Regen post Conceptual erasure, True-Godly - Regen post erasure from Existence and Non-existence"

Options A to D are about a dozen posts above

There are non 1-A erasures that erase from both existence and non-existence like in Shin Megami Tensei whilst there are 1-A erasures that just erase conceptually. So are we trying to say it superior to come back from SMT erasure than 1-A erasure?

SMT's regen would have to erase conceptually as well as from existence + non-existence. What I take Ultima's true godly suggestion to be is regenning from being erased in the most 'complete' form.

I feel like erasing someone from nonexistence is such a forced term, if someone was erasing that means that, in some way or another, the character did exist, nonexistence's definition already cover that, not existing at all.

Logically someone shouldn't be able to exist through not existing, but fiction throws that out of the window. It could do with a bit of clarification though.

I did have issue on Ultima's version with existence + non-existence erasure some verse under tier 1-A have this erasure like SMT, among others. I would be fine if this was explained by applying a limattions for instance that only characters who are Tier 1-A and up can do a complete existence + non-existence erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back