• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High-End Shenanigans - Mirio x Moonfish :)

I brought this up years ago, was fine with result, here it is again, potential Mirio upgrade or potential downgrade for Crust (maybe others). https://vsbattles.com/threads/nighteye-was-right.110908/

Also Moonfish possible upgrade, Nomu scaling is odd and inconsistent at times but here's what I'm bringing to the table.

I had recently brought up Mirio scaling to High-End's on the basis of sending them flying in his return, it was however deemed no worthy as the High-Ends were in the air. It was later brought to my attention in his second interaction with a high-end that the difference in their destructive showing on panel was cause to assume he is a none-factor to them. Also statements he made around it as supporting. The scaling is as follows of course:

higher with Permeation (Managed to push back the Near High-Ends while in the air, but stated he is not strong enough to hurt them, even by hitting them in the eyes)
Whilst I do understand the "higher" denotations as being representative of an inability to quantify the feat, I'm presenting another feat with the anime as a proper illustration of what happened, and being that the anime has been used as elaboration to the manga previously I don't see why it wouldn't hold weight here. Essentially in his later fight with another High-End Mirio is able to overpower him physically with a strike and send him barreling through the ground causing massive destruction with the High-End even needing to shake off the hit, though there isn't any explicit physical damage (cut, bruise, whatever). I feel as though on that basis regardless there should be some sort of conversation in regards to an upgrade since Crust's scaling is based on holding them off (somewhat matching their physicality), Nejire has a note of pinning one down (overwhelming their physicality) and Ryukyu has one because she could bite into one and dig her claws into it (overwhelming their physicality). And if you believe that the piercing of the Nomu by Ryukyu and maybe crust are the cause for the AP then I also bring up the fact of Mirio's punch on an earlier High-End which actually does seem to do damage in the anime. He doesn't defeat the Nomu there tho, which I'll touch on in a bit. I also think Burnin's "fought off a high-end" note also falls into the possible supporting Mirio case.

Now onto "Stated he is not strong enough to hurt them" thing. Idk if you guys are using a translation or original japanese wording that I'm not aware of, but where is anything Mirio said implying he cannot hurt them? He states that he cannot take them out in one hit, which is like, WHO CAN? Then he punches one in the eye which gets a reaction even if its not visible "damage", then he clearly states that their toughness is off the charts (I interpreted this as either durability or endurance but the anime changes it to tenacity in the sub so I believe endurance would be the proper interpretation). He also no wonder the heroes are having issues and in the anime states that "these aren't specs for a common soldier" which we know he's beyond the level of a normal hero even as far back as Overhaul arc. NOTE: If the video I sent doesn't work or forces you to download it, the episode in question is episode 12 of season 6.

So yeah that's my thing on Mirio, as for Moonfish its stated in his speed section:
Speed: Hypersonic reactions and combat speed (Can keep up both Dynamight and Shoto), Hypersonic with Blade-Tooth (Dynamight and Shoto were barely able to keep up with his attacks. Can hit Gang Orca)

Acknowledging his ability to hit Gang Orca who scales to High-End's so it should be Rel+, and he even visibly damages him so his AP should be Large Island+. Yes, its stupid that he could've possibly gotten to that level while sitting in prison without access to his quirk, but that is just what happen unless you guys have a proper explanation as to how it could've happened.

Last edited:
Moonfish during the Final War Arc does not scale back to himself during his fight with Bakugo and Todoroki. Fiction can do whatever it wants.

No one cares enough about Moonfish to update him with a Final War Arc key.

The anime mean nothing here, we do not accept anime only scenes. We only use the anime for timeframe or better angles of feats that can't be scaled in the manga.

Burnin is scaling due to stopping High 6-C attacks and taking hits from a High 6-C character. Her fighting High-Ends for over half and hour is just supporting evidence of that rating. Like Mirko being confident in fighting Hood. By itself it wouldn't make either of them scale to the Nomu, but they have actual scaling that supports the rating.

Mirio never does anything to the High-Ends period, so he has no scaling. You've provided nothing new here.

I can say confidently, Mirio will never scale to the High-Ends.

Moonfish during the Final War Arc does not scale back to himself during his fight with Bakugo and Todoroki. Fiction can do whatever it wants.

The anime mean nothing here, we do not accept anime only scenes. We only use the anime for timeframe or better angles of feats that can't be scaled in the manga.

Burnin is scaling due to stopping High 6-C attacks and taking hits from a High 6-C character. Her fighting High-Ends for over half and hour is just supporting evidence of that rating. Like Mirko being confident in fighting Hood. By itself it wouldn't make either of them scale to the Nomu, but they have actual scaling that supports the rating.

Mirio never does anything to the High-Ends period, so he has no scaling. You've provided nothing new here.

Why the charged seeming language?

So the feats I brought up are showing a different perspective on the feats that appear in the manga. I'm not sure I understand your argument? What happens when Mirio punches the High-End is the same as in the manga, it just happens in several frames rather than a single panel. He punched the eel nomu and we get to see it zoomed out. Did you actually look at the scans or did you just see anime and decide to write me off?

Back